Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloads slow

Options
  • 08-01-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

I hope someone can pinpoint where the issue is because it's driving me crazy. It's taking between 40mins to 1/2 hours to download a 314MB file but it used to take 7-8 mins.

I have used ccleaner, malwarebytes etc and found no issue.

These are my stats:
    4043673941.png

This might need to be moved to broadband forum but seeing as I thought there were no network issues, I posted here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maybe it is network related, but adding this as I wanted to see how I would do on 4G (mifi):

4043697555.png

And it is downloaded in less than five minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Is it a torrent? Maybe VF are throttling/"traffic-shaping"

No its uploaded.net - not sure if they would throttle a sharing website. Just downloaded a file from google drive 818MB and it took 11 mins which is a lot better than downloading half that from uploaded.net

If they were throttling how would I find away around it, get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mc Love wrote: »
    No its uploaded.net - not sure if they would throttle a sharing website. Just downloaded a file from google drive 818MB and it took 11 mins which is a lot better than downloading half that from uploaded.net

If they were throttling how would I find away around it, get it sorted?

Uploaded.net has always been a very slow download if you are using a free account on it - if you were paying for their services it would be a lot faster, they deliberately make the DL slow so you will sign up to their "premium service" for faster downloads and limit the free user...

As you said - your downloads from Google drive are flying so I'd suggest it's most likely caused by the site....

Have the premium account on uploaded :( - so it must be Vodafone then because i can download on Meteor 4G but the data limit is useless? Although there wasnt any issue about a month or so ago.

• Advertisement

Just did a speedtest and it connects to a server in carlow hosted by blacknight and the download is sporadic and then shoots up to a normal speed. Whereas when I choose a different server, be it in cork or dublin (three & VF) the download is steady and is at the maximum speed.

Well thats me not using my uploaded account anymore with vodafone anyway. Have gotten hold of a rapidgator account and it is back to normal download speed.

Advertisement