Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Is everyone getting these letters or only those who have vetting forms?

I must say thankfully I have been distracted by applying for another job, however this is still a kick in the teeth.

Has anyone put a detailed post of the letter on yet?

In work atm so can't put the full thing the jist was they face challenging times financially, our application is not being processed at this moment in time however we are part of the merit list and the merit list is still live, please notify any changes in circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

Icarus9 wrote: »
    Those who received Vetting have a letter saying they are being progressed. Anyone who did not receive vetting forms have a letter saying not being progressed until financial situation changes. From the sounds of it a fair few with no letter as well. Possibly just the group who were next to receive vetting forms got the letter so far?

this appears to be case, there are people who have not received a letter yet which means they could be further down the merit list. not sure as to why they didn't send out a letter to everyone at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Don't forget the last paragraph, please don't ring the office regarding this lol

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

i got the dreaded letter thats been spoke of this morning. not goin to let it get me down, im willing to wait on this career so although i will wreck my brains about it in the coming months...it wont deter me from it or for future campaigns. thanks to all the guys posting on this forum, if it wasnt for this i would be alot lower lol! VERY low AC pass score btw guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Well the mother text me letting me know no post for me there, high 60s ac score, I expect it tomorrow for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Well the mother text me letting me know no post for me there, high 60s ac score, I expect it tomorrow for sure

No post for me either Highbury...im mid-high 60's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 evergreens

First time posting on here but have been reading. I haven't received a letter as of yet either with an Ac score mid high 60s, feeling a little disheartened hearing this but hopefully as some suggested, We will get back in the running once the new tax year starts

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

evergreens wrote: »
    First time posting on here but have been reading. I haven't received a letter as of yet either with an Ac score mid high 60s, feeling a little disheartened hearing this but hopefully as some suggested, We will get back in the running once the new tax year starts

Hi evergreens welcome to the club ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Ah guys I really hope this works out for us. Never thought the recruitment process was going to be such a roller coaster journey!!!!!! Can't even resort to comfort eating incase this isn't the end lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

Me too. Can't help but feel slightly dejected at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

My 2 cent is that they need officers, any organisation losing in and around 200 employees a year is going to have to replace them, there really isnt a way around it.
    I also find this majorly disappointing but its by no means over at the moment.

I know they will be continuing recruitment once the new financial year starts, haven't heard anything concrete, but from family in the job who have said this is just formality, and that with the level of retirements that has happened and will continue as said above, they have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I know they will be continuing recruitment once the new financial year starts, haven't heard anything concrete, but from family in the job who have said this is just formality, and that with the level of retirements that has happened and will continue as said above, they have to.

I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

Having had a few days to let the letter sink in , i'm now feeling optimistic! It wouldnt make sense to cancel recruitment it would only put them back to square one and we all know they desperately need police officers, so when the money becomes available they will get the ball rolling again. They have a massive pool of candidates who have passed the IST and AC why would they scrap that to then in 12 months time have to pump money into recruiting from scratch? Im guessing this whole new shake up within the command structure needs to take priority before recruitment, and they stated that it will roll out in April. I think come then they will have the money to fire up the recruitment engines again!

countrycop wrote: »
    Having had a few days to let the letter sink in , i'm now feeling optimistic! It wouldnt make sense to cancel recruitment it would only put them back to square one and we all know they desperately need police officers, so when the money becomes available they will get the ball rolling again. They have a massive pool of candidates who have passed the IST and AC why would they scrap that to then in 12 months time have to pump money into recruiting from scratch? Im guessing this whole new shake up within the command structure needs to take priority before recruitment, and they stated that it will roll out in April. I think come then they will have the money to fire up the recruitment engines again!

That's pretty much what I've been told, that the whole new command structure is priority at this moment, but for the short term I.e.a few months, all the reports said that recruitment would continue as planned due to the extra cash, chin up folks, stay the course :) and keep training I believe that when they do send out vetting forms again that there won't be as long as before to prepare for the pca as in it will be a short turn a round.

I totally agree with country cop! The bottom line is they need new recruits and that is never going to change! There are just other issues at the minute that are taking priority.

There is no doubt that receiving that letter was a real kick in the teeth but I honestly think it is nothing to be concerned about, after having thought about it rationally and realistically. They are keeping us all in the loop as to what is actually going on in the process because if they didn't it would only be a matter of time before applicants would calling asking what the bloooooooodyyy hell is the hold up here!?!???

When I got the letter I thought to myself I can deal with this in one of two ways. I can sit here and feel extra sorry for myself about the current situation we are in and potentially have the career of my dreams being snapped away from me ( don't get me wrong I definitely did sulk lol!!) or I can get out on those roads and start bloody running and channel the negative feelings or disappointment into something positive.

We need to use this time now to get our mind and body as fit as fiddles because we are all going to SMASH this pca WHEN the time comes!!!!!!!!! And it will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s writing that post was a workout in itself haha!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

That was a proper motivational speech there psnihopeful! Haha ever thought of a chance of career to being a life coach instead? ;)

I totally agree though, as frustrating as it is to have another set back I'm happy enough to get my ass in gear and step up training so there's no excuse when the PCA does come. I'm glad they have let us know to keep up updated coz I'd be going insane in about two months time if I'd still been left in the dark...

Haha Catdog I think that rant was a way for me to convince myself that things were going to be okay!!! Lol!!!

Suppose you could say I have drawn inspiration from "don't stop believing" by journey!! i seem to have that song on repeat these days.....lol anybody have any other suggestions on particular motivating songs?!?could do with a wee change ..

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Back in the 2010 campaign I listened to dog days are over by Florence and the machine while pounding the roads a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Baptiste Thiry
    Dreams Come True

https:// soundcloud . com/ baptistethiry / when-dream-come-true

Not a song but a piece of music that i think is beautiful and quite motivational. You may know it from a Guinness advert.

Sorry for the spacey URL.

• Advertisement

All great song choices.. Currently updating my playlist :-)

Thanks boardies

Not long in from work and the letter arrived for me this morning, to be honest reading it makes me feel better it's not as bad as I thought, I firmly believe the "financial uncertainty" has been cleared over the past few weeks and this could be a formality, I was just waiting for it in the mail now I can move forward and continue training even harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Not long in from work and the letter arrived for me this morning, to be honest reading it makes me feel better it's not as bad as I thought, I firmly believe the "financial uncertainty" has been cleared over the past few weeks and this could be a formality, I was just waiting for it in the mail now I can move forward and continue training even harder.

Yes, I got mine today as well.

Haha Catdog I think that rant was a way for me to convince myself that things were going to be okay!!! Lol!!!

Suppose you could say I have drawn inspiration from "don't stop believing" by journey!! i seem to have that song on repeat these days.....lol anybody have any other suggestions on particular motivating songs?!?could do with a wee change ..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=26U_seo0a1g

if you download this to your phone or ipod and play this whilst running or attacking the weights this will get you there, gets me there every time I hit the road or attack the weights :)

I quite like Rudimental Not Giving In =)

Highbury I was literally just going to find the link to post
    That!! I listen to that all the time when I'm feeling like a can't be bothered. It's great for giving you a motivational kick up the ass!!

In other news.. I see the psni are recruiting pilots... Something tells me they won't be held up the way some of us have been!

http:// www. psni.police .uk/index/careers/careers_police_staff_recruitment/helicopter_line_pilot. htm

if you download this to your phone or ipod and play this whilst running or attacking the weights this will get you there, gets me there every time I hit the road or attack the weights :)

Wow that is powerful stuff.. My hearts racing after watching that .. Is that normal haha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Got my letter today also.

• Advertisement

Highbury I've only got peace to watch that now and it was well worth it. Great video, thanks for sharing

Advertisement