Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Well that was a waste of nearly an hour and a half of my time! Nothing definitive said about recruitment so we're back again to speculation for who knows how long before we hear something about future recruitments plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

As much as i warn against pessimism im finding it very hard to find any positives in this situation

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

So we are none the wiser, if anything it didn't look promising? What a disaster!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Wow.... So was reading up on the posts as I've been in work, and reading the report on the meeting on the PSNI website, and I'm not gonna lie as optimistic as I have been, it's starting to really get hard to remain positive, I don't understand though why it was publicised so much that this 20 mil reprieve would allow recruitment to continue, which seems to be untrue, really disheartening, kinda lost for words at the moment, I will try and find out any information I can from my sources but at the same time I'm starting to really think if I really want this which I do I will have to go further a field which I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

I dunno why but I still have a good feeling about it all? Maybe I'm
    Kidding myself but going to keep working on the fitness anyway.

• Advertisement

I just feel like I've been kicked in the gut a bit I dunno why, I really am an optimist, just kinda numb a bit for whatever reason, I think I expected him to say yes we'll be taking on the number needed for campaign 2....

I agree with sthm though that the CC could be referring to the third campaign because why would they even consider the idea of a third recruitment campaign if they genuinely didn't have the need for it...

Try and remain hopeful it's the only way we will get through this without losing our sanity lol (here's hoping)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Ok, I wish I had a punchbag right now, I'd be demolishing it!

So frustrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Highbury I feel exactly like you do! I really don't understand what the statement on 20th January was all about. That was 2 weeks ago we heard that 20million would allow recruitment to go ahead! Since then we've had letters going out saying recruitment is on hold for most people and now today basically saying the only way to balance the budget is to significantly reduce recruitment and that they can't afford to replace the people that are retiring!
    It's a constant roller coaster!
    It definitely does test you! Very very difficult to remain positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Things don't sound good for those in the second campaign who received the not being processed letters. It would be so much easier for everyone if they would give a definite answer. 1. We will continue with the second campaign merit list and recruit xxx when the money becomes available. 2. We cannot afford to recruit any more officers for one financial year however hope to start again at xx a time. At least people would know them.

It looks like campaign 2 is shot tho of you've not received vetting forms?

• Advertisement

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Ok, I wish I had a punchbag right now, I'd be demolishing it!

So frustrated!

I actually seriously considering buying a punchbag! Good for training but also releasing some of the anger frustration and tension built up because of this process! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Wow.... So was reading up on the posts as I've been in work, and reading the report on the meeting on the PSNI website, and I'm not gonna lie as optimistic as I have been, it's starting to really get hard to remain positive, I don't understand though why it was publicised so much that this 20 mil reprieve would allow recruitment to continue, which seems to be untrue, really disheartening, kinda lost for words at the moment, I will try and find out any information I can from my sources but at the same time I'm starting to really think if I really want this which I do I will have to go further a field which I will.

I'm thinking the exact same, you'd near be in and have your two years over you and able to apply for transfer back here in less time than it would take to even get news on PSNI recruitment at this rate lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

I have decided to take time off from the forum.

The speculation is too much. Wishing everyone else well.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Well that's certainly made the bottom of the old stomach drop to the floor. :( I write this just as george babes has flashed over the TV about the meeting, but not a word about the budget,all legacy related. :(

I'm just gonna take whatever they throw at us as it comes, if it's not meant to be this time then that's just the way it's gonna be. As angering and frustrating as this is we can't do anything about it apart from sit and wait.

One wee word of advice, as mopatop has said time and time again don't put your life on hold, it's not worth it. Go out and enjoy yourselves and live life and don't put stuff on hold lol do it now or whenever you want!

I too, am going to go on a wee break of the boards for a while. Just to clear my head and focus on the stuff actually happening in my life at the minute instead of living in dream land! But I'm gonna keep at the running and hope for the best but expect the worst. (And I'll polish my crown too, it's got rather dull looking lately lol) behave yourselves, ttys xx

I'll be lurking periodically, but I think time off from here is due too, as QueenP stated can't put my life or our lives on hold for this, which the process effectively does no matter what others say, but yeah for my own sanity I'm off for the mean time, will talk soon folks. All the best for those in campaign 1 still waiting a call and for those in campaign 2 who have been processed and are being processed as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Razer33 wrote: »
    I'm thinking the exact same, you'd near be in and have your two years over you and able to apply for transfer back here in less time than it would take to even get news on PSNI recruitment at this rate lol

I don't mean to be a smart are lol, but I don't think you can transfer from any other force in the UK to the psni if you're only a constable. Higher ranks and detectives only I think. FOI request somewhere about this.

I think the last time the PSNI looked for transferees of all ranks before recruitment started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lionfunk

On viewing the CC report recruitment is not looking too good, though recruitment plan will depend on the Draft Medium Term Resource Plan for 2015-16 will be presented to the Board in the coming weeks it seems likely that recruitment will be very limited in the 2015-16 financial year, meaning very few of us will be recruited before April 2016.

Though we will probably still be recruited, i fear we have been kicked into the long grass.

lionfunk wrote: »
    On viewing the CC report recruitment is not looking too good, though recruitment plan will depend on the Draft Medium Term Resource Plan for 2015-16 will be presented to the Board in the coming weeks it seems likely that recruitment will be very limited in the 2015-16 financial year, meaning very few of us will be recruited before April 2016.

Though we will probably still be recruited, i fear we have been kicked into the long grass.

Does anyone know what date the draft medium resource plan is being presented to the board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

I think the last time the PSNI looked for transferees of all ranks before recruitment started.

You could transfer to psni but had to have completed 5 years of service in your respective force

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

Well, the Workforce Plan is out for public consultation:

http:// www. psni.police.uk/index/updates/consultation_zone.htm#EQIAConsultationZone

(Remove spaces for link)

Page 64 for all the numbers!

Police Recruits:

2014/15 - 378
    2015/16 - 299
    2016/17 - 241
    2017/18 - 242
    2018/19 - 247

Was literally just trawling through it there but you've pointed out exactly what I was after!
    That looks ok actually then doesn't it?? Only 79 less people this year. Better than I thought!

Ok maybe not... Those numbers were suggested before more cuts were announced...

'The numbers to be appointed...will be lower than the predicted wastage level'.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Well, the Workforce Plan is out for public consultation:

http:// www. psni.police.uk/index/updates/consultation_zone.htm#EQIAConsultationZone

(Remove spaces for link)

Page 64 for all the numbers!

Police Recruits:

2014/15 - 378
    2015/16 - 299
    2016/17 - 241
    2017/18 - 242
    2018/19 - 247

So they are anticipating being at full strength by April next year and then in subsequent years only recruiting the number they anticipate to lose.

*Just noticed the date these figures were issued*

Cromlech wrote: »
    So they are anticipating being at full strength by April next year and then in subsequent years only recruiting the number they anticipate to lose.

Are these numbers still relevent or the proposed numbers before yesterdays meeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Are these numbers still relevent or the proposed numbers before yesterdays meeting?

I have no idea, they were written up in 2013 but on the front page it was a work force plan issued this month.

Yeah I'm now thinking these numbers are outdated now as the report says they are now going to recruit less than the number of people leaving whereas the that table shows the plan to recruit more than those expected to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

"The PSNI is therefore
    continuing with recruitment of police officers, although the numbers to be appointed is
    continually being kept under review and plans for the 2015/16 year are that
    recruitment will be lower than the predicted wastage level."

Okay so that was a long stay away from the boards.... Thank you for the update on the report that was just issued. So this looks more promising again? it looks good to me? still none the wiser but looks better than what was feared from yesterday?? Does anyone else take it that way? this is a complete mind melt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Wastegage level for 2015/16 is around 228? so less than that being taken from 2nd campaign?

Advertisement