Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Icarus9 wrote: »
    Wastegage level for 2015/16 is around 228? so less than that being taken from 2nd campaign?

Oh maybe I jumped too soon to conclusions yeah I see what it means, predicted number to be recruited is 228 and 2015/16 is predicted to be less than that taken on?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Okay so that was a long stay away from the boards.... Thank you for the update on the report that was just issued. So this looks more promising again? it looks good to me? still none the wiser but looks better than what was feared from yesterday?? Does anyone else take it that way? this is a complete mind melt.

You just couldn't help yourself highburylad haha!
    Least it was promising news you came back too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Aw frig sake I'm lost again . Lol. This is far too confusing. Feel a headache coming on :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Headache is well and truly in full flow!!

What I'm hoping for now is that they exhaust the list from both campaigns over the next two to three years. Though frustrating it may be, I am willing to wait for the dream job as long as I get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Agree 100% Gooner! I'd rather wait another 18 months and get the dream job than be told now there's no chance :-)
    Focus on day to day life, enjoy yourself and continue to keep fit. It will happen when it's meant to happen. The merit list is still live so until they close the door I'm still going to carry on in the hope that it will happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Go on the information you guys have been sent, which states at the moment and time the applications are not being processed. I think if you spend time speculating and wondering what will happen its easy to get caught up on the whole thing and think about it constantly. Harder said than done yes but when I failed the first process I took myself off this forum and it done me well.

I hope they take on more people but until they announce it all we are doing here is guessing. The people that know the information we want to know (CC, DOJ etc) will not make the information public until they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Otter Man

In my experience, when an organisation doesn't announce something its expected to, that usually means they are fighting to preserve it, or make it favourable, as best they can.

In this case, I reckon, they are putting off committing to numbers because they want the numbers to better than they currently look like, and therefore, based on the previous board meeting, they are reluctant to give in to reducing recruitment numbers, and therefore won't make much comment on it until the last possible minute.

If you think about it, this recruitment drive was a massive morale booster for a tired and exhausted police force. A lot of work and planning went into it and I dare say it was planned to be a defining moment in the CC's career (spearheading the replenishment of a worn out force)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

Is all gone very quiet on here. I Hope everyone is holding up ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

Trying to put it out of my head to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

If, as suggested, there is 900 people on the merit list, then even with a mid-A I am dubious as to whether or not I will be administered through the remaining stages.

Considering the proposed reductions in numbers, I think it will be tight.

• Advertisement

When is the medium term response plan due to be published surely it will give a idea of numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rezone

Take it the people who got vetting forms are still being processed for campaign 2? Or is everyone just doing a waiting game now/ is the entire campaign on hold? Anyone shine some light?

Has anyone spoken to HR ? If so what are they saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

After the strongly phrased do not ring us paragraph the last thing I'll be doing is ringing them. Curious as to weather people who got vetting forms ever got PCA date. Tbh I'm trying to put the PSNI outta my head too. Which isn't really happening since I've basically lived and breathed this recruitment for over a year. I'm looking into other emergency services type roles. Not giving up on PSNI but have accepted that it's not going to happen anytime soon for me

I think it's gonna be April before we have any sorta information folks. Even then we may end up with nothing new. I know it's hard to take any positives but at least we're on a list, at this rate we could be the only potential recruits that could be going into the psni for the next while, I do believe we'll get a shot, I just think it may be over a period of time. How long that period is I don't know and that's the part that kinda scares me. Hopefully the last squad for campaign 1309 gets calls come next week, at least it will be something positive and something moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

2 months today since AC results came out....

This makes me sad

2 months that have flown by though. We're still on the list folks, and we don't really know what's going on with numbers etc. I believe the PSNI will take on as many as they can, hopefully it's the full amount. I believe possibly something like 2012 may happen, the PSNI got an injection of 200 odd mil from the home treasury this was to combat terrorism, however the Stormont agreement does say that community policing must stay unaffected.

I haven't heard anyhing on it but some of my sources have said that, that's what they have heard from the inside. Again take it with a pinch of salt. I find it really hard to think they were going to take on us plus another 378 from a campaign 3 so an additional 800 odd and now they are potentially only taking on 100 to 200 now, such a dramatic change. Again it's just as always with this recruitment process, a wait and see.

2 months that have flown by though. We're still on the list folks, and we don't really know what's going on with numbers etc. I believe the PSNI will take on as many as they can, hopefully it's the full amount. I believe possibly something like 2012 may happen, the PSNI got an injection of 200 odd mil from the home treasury this was to combat terrorism, however the Stormont agreement does say that community policing must stay unaffected.

I haven't heard anyhing on it but some of my sources have said that, that's what they have heard from the inside. Again take it with a pinch of salt. I find it really hard to think they were going to take on us plus another 378 from a campaign 3 so an additional 800 odd and now they are potentially only taking on 100 to 200 now, such a dramatic change. Again it's just as always with this recruitment process, a wait and see.
    Let's just hope it's not a long freeze... I think that one in 2012 lasted some length of time.

Going to go all out here and give my 2 cents about why I am still optimistic (possibly blind optimism)

In December, in the CC's report to the policing board, when things were worse off than they are now concerning the budget he wrote - "The PSNI is committed to maintain operational capacity and capability, with officer numbers (6,963) reflecting the findings of the Resilience Review."

Now, in February 2015 - The Workforce Plan that we found on the PSNI website not that long ago it details, in chapter 12 - The Future of the PSNI Workforce, the target figure of police officers from main grant funds which is 6,693. It also gives us details of police recruits, police leavers and the closing figure of each financial year which is:

Year
    Leavers--Recruits--Closing Figure
    2014/15----218
    2015/16----228
    2016/17----236
    2017/18----242

You can add an extra 270 officers onto each closing figure for each year which come from security funds and external funds. That gets us closer to the 6,963 figure.

So, at the end of this financial year (14/15) there will be 76 fewer officers than the target figure and at the end of the next financial year (15/16) there will be 5 fewer than the target figure. It will only be when we get to the end of the 16/17 financial year that the target figure will be met (assuming the above officers leaving and recruitment figures are accurate.

In conclusion, my optimism comes from the fact that the CC made the comment that he is working towards maintaining a workforce of 6,963 in December and seeing as he has more money in his budget now he can work towards this using the above table. The only things that fill me with doubt are the fact The Workforce Plan was originally created in 2013 and there is a statement in it which says - "The PSNI is therefore continuing with recruitment of police officers, although the numbers to be appointed is continually being kept under review and plans for the 2015/16 year are that recruitment will be lower than the predicted wastage level."

Take from the above what you will... I still believe they will take more than 100 recruits as assuming the leaver figures are correct it would leave 6,759 officers, over 200 fewer than the target.

I hope this has helped and can spread some optimism but I hugely doubt that the wheel will start turning again until the new financial year starts.

• Advertisement

fish2690 wrote: »
    Going to go all out here and give my 2 cents about why I am still optimistic (possibly blind optimism)

In December, in the CC's report to the policing board, when things were worse off than they are now concerning the budget he wrote - "The PSNI is committed to maintain operational capacity and capability, with officer numbers (6,963) reflecting the findings of the Resilience Review."

Now, in February 2015 - The Workforce Plan that we found on the PSNI website not that long ago it details, in chapter 12 - The Future of the PSNI Workforce, the target figure of police officers from main grant funds which is 6,693. It also gives us details of police recruits, police leavers and the closing figure of each financial year which is:

Year
    Leavers--Recruits--Closing Figure
    2014/15----218
    2015/16----228
    2016/17----242
    2017/18----247

You can add an extra 270 officers onto each closing figure for each year which come from security funds and external funds. That gets us closer to the 6,963 figure.

So, at the end of this financial year (14/15) there will be 76 fewer officers than the target figure and at the end of the next financial year (15/16) there will be 5 fewer than the target figure. It will only be when we get to the end of the 16/17 financial year that the target figure will be met (assuming the above officers leaving and recruitment figures are accurate.

In conclusion, my optimism comes from the fact that the CC made the comment that he is working towards maintaining a workforce of 6,963 in December and seeing as he has more money in his budget now he can work towards this using the above table. The only things that fill me with doubt are the fact The Workforce Plan was originally created in 2013 and there is a statement in it which says - "The PSNI is therefore continuing with recruitment of police officers, although the numbers to be appointed is continually being kept under review and plans for the 2015/16 year are that recruitment will be lower than the predicted wastage level."

Take from the above what you will... I still believe they will take more than 100 recruits as assuming the leaver figures are correct it would leave 6,759 officers, over 200 fewer than the target.

I hope this has helped and can spread some optimism but I hugely doubt that the wheel will start turning again until the new financial year starts.

Those wastage levels too are those with 30 years service, It doesn't account for people who leave, resign, or are dismissed way before 30 years, also many will take medical retirements. I'm taking it as a positive, positive thinking and all that :)

This has probably been asked/ answered before but do we know how many are on the merit list for 1405?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I'm not sure if that information is made public straight away. I think the Campaign has to be closed for a year or so before they can give that information out. I could be wrong. In the past, it was a closely guarded secret. They may have changed that.

Catdog33 wrote: »
    This has probably been asked/ answered before but do we know how many are on the merit list for 1405?

From a FOI request there are 908 persons on the merit list for 1405 (hopefully this number is higher than in reality with people from 1309 taking the AC twice and have been offered a place already).

The score in the merit pool ranges from 92.25% down to 59.5%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Yep, what fish2690 said.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

They were able to get those figures that fast? That's just the most recent campaign. As I thought, it wasn't information that they would regularly advertise. An FOI request was submitted and they must have just given the number at the bottom of a spreadsheet as the final number.

You learn something new every day!

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that FOI request would you?

-Shield.

https://www.joinpsni.co.uk

Don't like the word 'reduced'!

Ooh I'm reading that as a good thing! Given that it says candidates who passed AC WILL be processed through the next stages in merit order! It's suggesting the process will continue but they are unsure on numbers. Hopefully they can take more on after the new tax year.

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Ooh I'm reading that as a good thing! Given that it says candidates who passed AC WILL be processed through the next stages in merit order! It's suggesting the process will continue but they are unsure on numbers. Hopefully they can take more on after the new tax year.

I'm low 60s AC though. :(

• Advertisement

Yeah but stay positive! There are loads of people ahead of you that could pull out, fail PCA or medical or vetting. You just don't know! Keep up the fitness! Sure the 1309 has gone right down to the low 60s!

Advertisement