Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

How do you know 411?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I don't know but I thought exhausting both merit lists would be more cost effective than using only some of them then starting a new campaign in 2016 for example.

Being hopeful here.

Ok well until I actually hear that confirmed anywhere and until I get told I'm no longer in the running I'm going to stay positive. Far too much speculation not based on any evidence

Yeah I'm reckoning that too 411. I really doubt though that they will just take 100 and that's it over for us. It really would be a huge waste of money for them to then start from scratch for another recruitment drive. Even if it's another 18months before we get any progress as long as the merit list stays live I'm happy enough! I just want to be in with a shot! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

Is anyone else here in the same position as me, having failed the PCA last time?

Yep, 2 seconds :(:(

There must have been a high proportion of failures. From an foi, I think 730 passed the AC but only 400 odd passed the PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Coming from a source in the know, right now the PSNI are going from 11 districts to 8 and there is a lot of internal movement and in some cases people are having to apply for the job they had, as in someone in CID could be moved into uniform into response and if they want to do what they were doing they have to apply as there is less numbers for that role. The psni is going through a massive change internally right now, and this all has to be done by the 1st of April.

Again from what I've been told, at this moment in time they are focused on what's happening now with the force, I believe recruitment isn't priority at this moment because of the significant changes that's taking place as we speak, yes finance comes into play too, but at this moment there is too much going on in the internal side of things. This is what I've been told, this is just something that's holding things up too, finance too yes, but this is also in play too

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mambono5

Highburylad that's all public knowledge that districts are changing into council boundary districts and most neighbourhood teams going and neighbourhood and response changing into local policing teams with an awful lot of job descriptions changing your source could just be any newspaper or website. Anyway i'm not long through Garnerville and out at district and it was such an experience, can't believe some people are still waiting from the same campaign :( really feel for you's all and hope you get the life changing call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

mambono5 wrote: »
    Highburylad that's all public knowledge that districts are changing into council boundary districts and most neighbourhood teams going and neighbourhood and response changing into local policing teams with an awful lot of job descriptions changing your source could just be any newspaper or website. Anyway i'm not long through Garnerville and out at district and it was such an experience, can't believe some people are still waiting from the same campaign :( really feel for you's all and hope you get the life changing call.
    Coming from the inside have you heard any knowledge of any sort of movement/numbers ??

countrycop wrote: »
    Coming from the inside have you heard any knowledge of any sort of movement/numbers ??

Nope, just that it's been taken on a squad by squad basis, no-one really knows even the staff, but with the amount of officers leaving over the next few years they are going to have to keep recruiting.

I, along with everyone else, would just love some sort of timescale/definitive numbers so we can at least plan and get on with life in the meantime. Congrats on passing out, I hope all is going well for you so far and continues to in the future.

countrycop wrote: »
    I, along with everyone else, would just love some sort of timescale/definitive numbers so we can at least plan and get on with life in the meantime. Congrats on passing out, I hope all is going well for you so far and continues to in the future.

Thanks, yeh i just took it that i wasn't getting in and even in garnerville took it on a day by day basis cause there are so many hurdles with exams and assessments that you can be kicked out on, only get one resit and if you fail your out, i didn't realise until i was in but if the works put in everyone will get through.

I don't think even the Chief knows what's happening at the minute until all the finances are sorted out!

The Chief has stated, publicly, within this years budget, that he is taking 100 new officers.

I don't think the service would take kindly to people publicising information they have gained from the 'inside' on an openly public forum. The last thing anyone would want to do is jeopardise their place.

the411 wrote: »
    The Chief has stated, publicly, within this years budget, that he is taking 100 new officers.

I don't think the service would take kindly to people publicising information they have gained from the 'inside' on an openly public forum. The last thing anyone would want to do is jeopardise their place.

exactly i havent given any info that isn't public! although what i will say is don't read everything you believe in the belfast telegraph regarding student officers cause that story was so inaccurate it was laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

mambono5 wrote: »
    exactly i havent given any info that isn't public! although what i will say is don't read everything you believe in the belfast telegraph regarding student officers cause that story was so inaccurate it was laughable

Psuedo-journalisim is the BT's speciality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

The answer we're all looking for:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/251530/response/619734/attach/2/F%202015%2000400%20FOI%20Response.pdf

Sounds like there are 100 of us who received vetting forms so far. They'll only get 40-60 out of that after attrition rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭chickidee

Thanks STHM for posting by the way.

I think it's a help to all of us.

I'm liking that FoI response. As I've said if I have to wait two years instead of one I am willing to do so for the dream job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

So from the freedom of information acts 908 people are on the merit list and 810 people have been told they aren't being progressed unless the financial situation changes so only 98 people received vetting forms by that logic. Definitely not going to fill 100 places from that with usual PCA and med failures so wouldn't give up hope if not in the initial vetting group. That said if they are using this merit list through to 2017 and only taking between 100-200 as stated in the link then unless you are mid 70s up there isn't much chance of getting in and no new campaign until 2017 possibly, that doesn't make pretty reading!

I think the majority of people in the 70's will make it into the 200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

chickidee wrote: »
    I think the majority of people in the 70's will make it into the 200.

Depends how you break down the remaining 810 people, did only 200 people score over 70?

Going off campaign one, I believe those with low 70's were in the fourth squad to get in.

4 squads at a maximum of 40 people = 160.

If you take into account estimated PCA,Medical Failures and withdrawals then I hope they will get through all the A's.

That's if they even take the full 200. Either way, it's a long wait for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

I'd suggest we all sit tight until April, the internal upheaval will hopefully be sorted, the new budget will be released and there is a possibility of government change at Westminster. If the labour party get back in they have president historically for heavy public spending, that's only a good thing for us stuck in limbo.

Am I reading this wrong or what?

How it reads to me is that only 100 to 200 will be selected for 2015/16 campaign and the rest for 2016/17 campaign depending on numbers required. It isn't 200 for the next three years. Its 100-200 this year and hopefully more after that. Campaign 3 was for 2016/17 but its been scrapped.

I'm looking at this positively. I think everyone should do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

chickidee wrote: »
    Going off campaign one, I believe those with low 70's were in the fourth squad to get in.

4 squads at a maximum of 40 people = 160.

If you take into account estimated PCA,Medical Failures and withdrawals then I hope they will get through all the A's.

That's if they even take the full 200. Either way, it's a long wait for all of us.

I got a low 70's score. Should have been in intake 4 if the vetting hadn't taken so long lol. Fingers crossed you'll fair better than me lol :D

I wonder how low the AC marks will go for those potential 200 and how far apart the intakes will be? Surely at this stage those who got vetting wont be processed until April with the first intake in June/July and the second and third intake could be closer to Christmas.

Sounds about right

• Advertisement

There's 900 odd of us on the merit list, but only seems to be about 20-30 regular posters on this thread.

I wonder why so little people post this time around when the first campaign was hiving.

Advertisement