Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

pb82 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, but the fact you feel bitter towards successful applicants irks me somewhat, you say they "just scraped a pass" at AC and are less deserving of a position than you?

If you had "scraped a pass" on the pca you would be in. Simple

The whole process is long and arduous, anyone that gets the call deserves it, as they met all the criteria, those that didn't succeed I hope they reapply when the opportunity arises

if hourly rate of pay means so much to you, you'll hardly be interested in campaign 2 on a salary of 19000 pa (approximately £9.36 ph)

I didn't say they were less deserving!! It's easy to feel envious of people getting the call and if you actually read what I said I said I blamed myself for failing PCA by 2 seconds, I did not say anywhere that the people getting the call wouldn't make good officers at all. I'm annoyed at myself for failing and given that I got a much higher AC score I could have been in long ago.
    So please stop twisting my words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭chickidee

I think it's only natural that people are arguing their own positions.

The process is a difficult one, exacerbated by little communication about where we all stand.

Being mid 70's in both campaigns and faced with an added wait of potentially another year and a half, I would naturally be inclined to argue my position over someone else from the first campaign with a lower mark. However, I can say that if I had an AC score in the 60's and received a place from the first campaign I would argue that I was just as deserving.

Bottom line - regardless of any differences in opinion, we all want a place.

Congratulations to all those who recently got the call, your persistence has paid off!

Best of luck for G'ville :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rezone

Is there anyone from campaign 2 any further than vetting forms? I'm beyond confused because of the way people have worded things on this forum. Have people done PCA? Gotten calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

There is no movement for campaign 2. All movement has been for campaign 1.

No Rezone, I don't believe so. There is only about 10 people in this thread who seem to have scored above 78 - the rest of us haven't received anything apart from the delay letter.

I assume the highest scoring 14050* candidates will be processed through the remaining stages from the beginning of April onwards due to the new financial year.

No one from this campaign is likely to be invited to the PCA until a decision has been made regarding possible amendments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

chickidee wrote: »
    No Rezone, I don't believe so. There is only about 10 people in this thread who seem to have scored above 78 - the rest of us haven't received anything apart from the delay letter.

I assume the highest scoring 14050* candidates will be processed through the remaining stages from the beginning of April onwards due to the new financial year.

No one from this campaign is likely to be invited to the PCA until a decision has been made regarding possible amendments.

Yeah its all up in the air at the moment, I am one of the higher scoring candidates for the 2nd campaign and have heard nothing since Vetting forms went out months ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Just left work and seen on the TV at the reception recruits passing out at garnerville on BBC news ni could some one tune in and see what it was, I'm assuming it's about recruitment? Thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Just left work and seen on the TV at the reception recruits passing out at garnerville on BBC news ni could some one tune in and see what it was, I'm assuming it's about recruitment? Thanks folks.

Just seen the same on UTV, was in relation to the £14m underspend that the PSNI isnt being allowed to carry forward into next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Perkunas

It was saying that PSNI had 14 million of its budget left over this year which looks good with these recruitment cuts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Just seen it on the BBC news app. PSNI chiefs saying they should be exempt from the use it or lose it mentality, especially when all other forces in the UK can carry over budgets. If somehow this was allowed to happen this could save our campaign I'm not holding my breath mind you, but it's something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Apparently they have to give the money back to the treasury which means that none of these departments have very much autonomy...who knows im beginning to feel a little bit hopeless about all this after the exuberance of receiving vetting forms...

They have stated that they are to take 100 officers a year. You are amongst the top scoring candidates for this campaign, so don't worry Geezoh, you should definitely be progressed through the remaining stages. All in good time

Cheers chickidee...yeah just have to remain patient and optimistic..not a character trait i have in abundance mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ZeGerman

As a mad proposal they could spend the 14 million by giving everyone on the merit list an offer of employment and run the other stages still to be completed after we all start. Never going to happen but wouldn't it be nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FV4034_Seraph

Has anyone below 78% been processed to the vetting stage?

Vetting forms have initially gone out to 98 of the top scoring candidates. This supports what the ACC has said in stating that they are taking 'sub-optimal recruitment of 100 officers per year.'

The remaining 800 candidates on the merit list received the delay letter and are potentially in for a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FV4034_Seraph

What about the 98? Will the recruitment proceed as normal for them? Or will the financial issues affect them?

They have stated that they are going ahead with limited recruitment, so if you are in the top bracket you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Hey newpsni you will know if you are in the top bracket if you received vetting forms rather than the postponed letter, I am low 80s in that bracket (be careful about posting your actual score on here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Have you got your vetting then Jalapeno ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Whoops I never thought! Thanks jalapeño!

It's all gone very quiet in here. I'm remaining optimistic for some movement in April

I have returned my vetting and am waiting for a PCA date but it hasnt been completed yet think it usually takes a number of months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

I don't think you actually get word of it being completed, you generally only hear if there is a problem.

I wouldn't worry too much about declaring your AC score - with 800 people scoring between 77 and 60 there's probably about 50 people at each grade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

I have returned my vetting and am waiting for a PCA date but it hasnt been completed yet think it usually takes a number of months?

from camp 1309 your vetting took 2-3 months if i remember rightly. You only heard from them if there was an issue. Silence in this case is a good thing. About 2 months after i did my vetting forms i did my PCA, and medical a few weeks thereafter. Fingers crossed you'll all get some movement soon

I hope so! The suspense is killing me but I guess at least I have more time to train for the PCA which is always a plus! I have heard some mad stories about vetting though, people getting rejected because of something their second cousin did 10 years ago etc.... Don't know if there's any weight to those stories but I can't even name you my second cousins so I have a bit of fear of the unknown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

I hope so! The suspense is killing me but I guess at least I have more time to train for the PCA which is always a plus! I have heard some mad stories about vetting though, people getting rejected because of something their second cousin did 10 years ago etc.... Don't know if there's any weight to those stories but I can't even name you my second cousins so I have a bit of fear of the unknown

I thought they only checked your immediate family? Not your fault if a distant relative was a numpty! Lol

Yeah I thought so too it's probably people failing other stages and letting on it wasn't down to them!would hardly be cost effective to vet that many people for each applicant

Seeing as April is almost here (and the new financial year,) can anyone clarify what is going-on in terms of the financial situation? Did the political parties eventually come to a decision on the Stormont House Agreement? It hasn't had much media coverage.

How can the PSNI work to a new budget for the 2015/16 financial year if they are not sure whether they will receive the £20 million reprieve which the Stormont House Agreement was offering?

Usually I would place some hope in the policing board meetings, but we've yet to get any definitive answers there either.

• Advertisement

Haven't heard anything...but like the vetting forms it will be out of the blue...does anyone have a guesstimation of the time between pca fitness invitations to the actual date of the fitness test...?

Advertisement