Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Poppyjack123

Hi! Re the talk of reassessing females who have previously failed the PCA do you know what campaign it relates to? I applied in September 2013 and failed PCA by seconds in October 2014 so just wanting to find out if it applies to that campaign because obviously I'd love another shot at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Hi! Re the talk of reassessing females who have previously failed the PCA do you know what campaign it relates to? I applied in September 2013 and failed PCA by seconds in October 2014 so just wanting to find out if it applies to that campaign because obviously I'd love another shot at it

Campaign 2 only :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 B999B

That being said my mind is melted and I look at other forces, whom are under serious financial cuts but are still continously recruiting and recruiting recruits within a 6-9 month period, and are doing it in house, where as here it's a snail's pace. It is what it is I suppose. Incredibly frustrating. Thought I would just vent lol.

In my experience they aren't recruiting within a 6-9 month period unless you've got a very high AC score. I've applied to a force in England just over a year ago. I've been told that my expected start date will be July 2016 at the earliest if there are spaces available and if not it'll be January 2017. And my AC score was decent. I got low 70's in the 1405 campaign with the PSNI so who knows which one could come up first. If any!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Seen this FOI on PSNI website:

http://www.psni.police.uk/psni_2014_recruitment_process.pdf

Surely those figures can't be right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 B999B

I think the figures shown are "equal to or less that 81.25%". Seems about right to me.

• Advertisement

B999B wrote: »
    I think the figures shown are "equal to or less that 81.25%". Seems about right to me.

That gives a figure of 743 in total then. I thought there were 908 people on the merit list?

Would that be an updated total after people withdrawing possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Don't forget that the highest scoring candidate(s) from the AC was 92. There is approximately 100 people who scored over 78 who received vetting forms.

The 900 figure sounds reasonably accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Well thats it, we have one saying 900? the other 750? Both freedom of Information.... so one of them is wrong.

How many got through the AC last time, i'd say numbers will be fairly similar.

So it shows about 25+ got over 81.25 and the rest below this? Doesn't give much information of use to us really unless you scored that high.

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Well thats it, we have one saying 900? the other 750? Both freedom of Information.... so one of them is wrong.

How many got through the AC last time, i'd say numbers will be fairly similar.

So it shows about 25+ got over 81.25 and the rest below this? Doesn't give much information of use to us really unless you scored that high.

I'd say the person who put the request in got that mark and is wanting to know where he/she stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Really interesting, it could be from people pulling out too, I know of an individual who has pulled out as they accepted a post with an English force, so it could be people whom have pulled out. I say this with wishful thinking lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

a LOT of people drop out. At our induction weekend at Garnerville 3 people didnt turn up. 2 changed their minds of joining and 1 just didnt show. Some people's personal circumstances change and cant continue, others decide it isnt worth the wait etc. From what i've heard alot of people from Campaign 1 also dropped out of each stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Yeah I would say natural rates of attrition would lead to a lot of people dropping out. Be interesting to see if any have left or quit GV since going in and what their reasons being. I can't imagine myself leaving it if I should ever get that far, no matter the consequences. Getting this job is my life, but I guess everyone has their reasons.

Just wondering is anyone else’s work suffering? I am finding it hard to motivate myself in my current job ever since the PCA dates came it’s been disastrous haha.

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Yeah I would say natural rates of attrition would lead to a lot of people dropping out. Be interesting to see if any have left or quit GV since going in and what their reasons being. I can't imagine myself leaving it if I should ever get that far, no matter the consequences. Getting this job is my life, but I guess everyone has their reasons.

Just wondering is anyone else’s work suffering? I am finding it hard to motivate myself in my current job ever since the PCA dates came it’s been disastrous haha.

I slipped after doing my PCA and medical, then after a few months of hearing nothing had to re-commit myself! Once i got my phone call i've hardly been able to sit still. Its hard when you're putting 100% into something, yet your still working somewhere that your heart isnt in it. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

I can't concentrate! My relationship is a bit out the window too.... Haven't seen the other half in about 2 weeks.... He'd best get used to it in case I get he job anyway :P we used to always get in snacks and watch a film, now I'm eating high protein salads and constantly at the gym lol

haha, my missus isnt looking forward to me being away during GV, she is however looking forward to spending my new wages.... clouds and silver linings eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

I've tried to keep my distance from here but did I read somewhere that someone posted saying that they are taking on 203/230 (Cant remember the exact number) this year 2015/2016 or did I dream this? ahhhh help!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

So off those figures 73 people scored between 78% - 81.25% with 25 people scoring over 81.25%. Amazing how condensed the scores become with loads on the same score in that 3% range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Coming to the end of the month...

Genuinely thought we would have heard something by this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

I recall the Chief stating in one of the early board meetings that this campaign would be conducted at a much slower rate.

The 230 figure quoted is across the 2015/2016 year. Perhaps it will break down into 115 this year and 115 in 2016?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

newpsni wrote: »
    Coming to the end of the month...

Genuinely thought we would have heard something by this month!

You hoping since we got our Dear John letters that they'd be cracking on with recruitment now. I say this in the nicest possible way.....chill out! :D

If there's one thing I've learnt is that things sometimes go to plan and other times you get a kick in the teeth. I've been waiting about 18 months for an answer, fair enough I hope you get a better one than I did. This whole process would test the patience of a saint so just try to take it as it comes and not get too caught up in what should be happening and when. It will save you and your loved ones a lot of stress grief and heart ache :)

• Advertisement

Maybe they will process everyone that is being currently processed first and then just bring more candidates forward to fill spaces as required? That would make financial sense probably... But that's literally a guess I have no knowledge about it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I believe campaign 1 had vetting forms heading out around the time people were doing pca's. I'm gonna say 230 will be recruited by the New financial year next year, and I believe all being well and the PSNI can save, I would hope for more than the 230, if they can take on more they will, I'm sure of that, money permitting of course. The end of this month the HMIC report will be published and that may give some form of a picture, then again it may divulge sweet f.a. regarding recruitment lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

I'm trying to chill out haha, but the uncertainty is nerve racking! I can wait, it's not the issue, I have no other choice haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

Hi all
    Im new on here but have been following a few threads for some time.
    Wonder if someone can help me. I got the letter saying application wasnte currently being processed but will b kept on merit list. Reading thru I see some ppl are ready for pca and some got vetting forms a month or so ago.do we think there r ppl who got the letter saying their app was being processed stil to get vetting and go for pca??Or will those who got the "will nots" now,or sometime soon kick into gear?
    Am I wasting my time thinking I will be progressing this year?

Any help appreciated

There is a lot of speculation as to what will happen but at the moment there is a definite minimum of 100 officers being taken on and only 98 of us currently being processed at the minute it seems to be those over 78 score being processed and not everyone from this number will pass the remaining stages- as to whether you will be called forward or not it's impossible to say but the better your AC score the better the chance and if more funding is achieved then they will look to bring more forward also

There is a lot of speculation as to what will happen but at the moment there is a definite minimum of 100 officers being taken on and only 98 of us currently being processed at the minute it seems to be those over 78 score being processed and not everyone from this number will pass the remaining stages- as to whether you will be called forward or not it's impossible to say but the better your AC score the better the chance and if more funding is achieved then they will look to bring more forward also

Did I see a post for 230 this year?
    Seen a freedom of info post a few pages back that there r 760ish who passed acc.
    Wud u take it then that if 98 are being processed that the other 650ish got the not being processed letters, or will say some with the higher scores hav got the being processed but just not got vetting etc?

Sorry...as by "being processed,do u mean going for pca?

By being processed I mean currently being taken through the rest of the stages (ie vetting PCA and medical) here are posts on here for 230 but I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere else yet so I am not taking as true until ive seen evidence!
    As far as I know everyone who is currently being processed has received vetting forms and everyone else is waiting at the minute but I could be wrong yeah the majority are waiting to be processed at the moment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator post:

@networksearch1: Your posts are borderline illegible because of your use of text speak. It is clear that you have not read the forum Charter, in particular, the bit where it says:

"# No text speak, there are more then 160 characters available here so there is no reason to use it."

As if that wasn't clear enough, there is also a thread in the forum underlining the rule.

Consider this to be a one-time polite request to follow the forum rules, and to use the correct spelling of words. Also, please read the forum Charter before you post again. It is a list of what is and what is not acceptable in this forum. Call it a list of rules, if you will.

Also, as this is a Moderator post, you are not permitted to discuss or reply to this polite request. If you wish to discuss this with me, send me a Private Message.

-Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Hi, recently found this forum in an attempt to find any information on the recent recruitment campaign. I am in the 1405 campaign, is there anyone who is still awaiting vetting forms?

Thanks, sorry for the "new guy questions"

Advertisement