Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

820sox wrote: »
    Were you one of the ones that got a letter of progression last week? Nervous to get home now to check!

I was yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

countrycop wrote: »
    I was yeah!

I got letter last week to advise application is being processed. No vetting or PCA letter for me

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

.S. wrote: »
    I got letter last week to advise application is being processed. No vetting or PCA letter for me

Maybe it's a mistake...

countrycop wrote: »
    Maybe it's a mistake...

See if any post arrives tomorrow. Strange that vetting forms haven't arrived just PCA letter that's all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

.S. wrote: »

Same with me! Was so nervous opening the post box to see nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ant08

Hi guys, I got my progressing letter last week and got my PCA invite in the post yesterday. On the progressing letter it states that the online learning will run parallel with the medical,pca etc but it doesn't give you any detail on where to find the online learning can anyone shed any light on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

There seems to be a lot of new FOIs appearing on the official website if anyone is interested in a read..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chickee32

I got a progression letter last week but nothing further yet! Just when we thought we at least knew the order things proceed in (since the time frame is anyone's guess!), it seems they've decided to change it lol It's strange as the PCA has a 6 month expiry date so you would think getting vetting started first, as they have done previously, would make more sense seeing as vetting can take quite a few months in some cases to clear. It just goes to show there really is no way of predicting anything in these campaigns!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

It seems all over the show at the moment lol, I'm trying to find FOI on the site but for the life of me can't find published ones?

It seems all over the show at the moment lol, I'm trying to find FOI on the site but for the life of me can't find published ones?

Just found a list of them there, can't add links but if you go onto the policing board website there is a link for FOI at the top right of the page, click that and you'll get another link for the list of responses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

They have a set way of doing everything. It's likely that it doesn't make sense to us because we don't have the full picture.

I don't think it makes any difference whether the vetting forms go out before or after the pca, as surely they don't process them until further down the line?

It wouldn't make financial sense to process vetting forms as soon as they received them back, given that alot of people fail the remaining stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

I sent my vetting off in feb and had a credit report check a few weeks later!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

I'm looking at the list of FOI responses for 2015 and I don't see anything related to recruitment in the subjects. Am I being stupid??

Ok it's actually on the psni website not policing board

Ah, who knows then. I've given up with second guessing this process! What will be, will be :)

Best of luck to any of you up soon for the PCA

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

lots of activity around the forums last few days good to see. Getting PCA forms before vetting is a strange one haha but as some have said just roll with it, I'm sure its for a reason.

Maybe its cheaper to have a PTI do 30 people for the PCA than it is to pay for 30 vetting forms, when 10 (for example) might fail the PCA.

It would make financial sense to do the cheaper stuff first. I mean the PSNI are paying the PTI anyway, so they won't be out of pocket as such if a group turn up and fail the PCA but they'll lose out if someone has vetting done and then fail PCA.

Just got a call from home there, vetting forms have arrived!

Chickee32 wrote: »
    Just got a call from home there, vetting forms have arrived!
    Home rang me, no vetting but PCA invite, must be out at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

It's really good to see some movement again, just out of curiousity what were your scores? How close to the 70% are they now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

I read this in an FOI and it made me smile a little!

In a previous FOI, PSNI stated that approximately 900 people are on the merit list for Campaign 2. If
    the recruitment figure above is adhered to, then do the PSNI anticipate that there will be a large
    number of individuals so far down the merit list that it is unlikely they will be offered a training place at
    all?

Answer
    Current projections suggest recruitment of around 230 officers in the 2015/16 year subject to funding
    certainty and actual wastage. The PSNI expects to lose approximately 50% of the merit list in total
    during the 5 pre-appointment stages, as a result of no-shows, did not return forms, withdrawals, or
    fail at one or more stages.

There are no plans at present to run Campaign 3, and therefore PSNI may continue to appoint from
    the merit list from Campaign 2 beyond 2015/16, and until there is some more certainty on funding
    and sustainability.

• Advertisement

Yes, that is the confirmation of mine.
    I know there was a number of you who pm'd before, asking for a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Yes, that is the confirmation of mine.
    I know there was a number of you who pm'd before, asking for a copy.

Ahh right, good job! Good to see the figure of 230 in an official capacity from the PSNI as opposed to just speculation. To be honest I didn't think the rate of attrition was as high as 50%! I put in a request recently regarding my AC score to find out how many are in front of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Hi all, vetting received this week. Any time frame that they must be completed by ?

newpsni wrote: »
    Hi all, vetting received this week. Any time frame that they must be completed by ?

From memory think they have to be returned within 2weeks. Might be wrong though. It's a lot of reading but it will say on forms

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Yes you should have got a letter explaining them, date to be returned etc.... I can't comment on when they have to be returned could be different to when I received mine think it's within 14 days?! Could be wrong though. Check the letter that came with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

It was definitely 2 weeks last campaign. I can't see it being any different this time around. One thing I'd say is include EVERYTHING!!!! If there's something you're not sure if you should add in or not put it down anyway. Last thing you want is the vetting to get held up while they're waiting for you to disclose something which you might think is insignificant.

Anybody see today in the Telegraph about a small recruitment campaign opening up in the autumn? Hopefully thats good for us on the list?

Anybody see today in the Telegraph about a small recruitment campaign opening up in the autumn? Hopefully thats good for us on the list?

Didn't see, did they say how many??
    It's good but I'm also cautious because I could really do with them taking more than 230 from our campaign before starting another...

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Didn't see, did they say how many??
    It's good but I'm also cautious because I could really do with them taking more than 230 from our campaign before starting another...

Nah they didn't unfortunately I would say maybe 50 to 100, it said about they planned to recruit another 378 in January there but had to shelve it, I think they will take on as many as they can from our merit list. Bare in mind the plan was to take on 378 from campaign 1, 378 from 2 and another 378 from a campaign 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

If they open up another campaign now I'm putting in for it as a backup- seems a lot of campaign 1 guys did that with 2!

Advertisement