Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Has anyone from campaign 2 gotten medical dates yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

Hi, I have a date and heard of a few others. Not sure how it is all being processed to be fair!

Hmm I still have nothing through I wonder are they maybe doing boys before girls? Did any other girls on here pass PCA and have yous received a date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Presumably medical invite dates will be processed highest merit list score soonest and then work down the list

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I've got a medical date and it's definitely not 4 weeks after pca!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Yeah as far as I have heard mate, July seems to be the first intake for 1405 and then its to continue as it did before I.e. a squad the following month etc etc.

Damn, just awoke to the news about this welfare saga, truly am worried about the consequences of not passing this bill as more fines and cuts could be catastrophic to front line services, and God only knows what that means for all of us waiting here... Anybody else slightly worried lol? Or am I worrying for worryings sake ha?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Damn, just awoke to the news about this welfare saga, truly am worried about the consequences of not passing this bill as more fines and cuts could be catastrophic to front line services, and God only knows what that means for all of us waiting here... Anybody else slightly worried lol? Or am I worrying for worryings sake ha?

I wouldn't stress it as God knows when it'll be resolved but it does make me feel a bit uneasy too.. Can only wait and see how it pans out (story of our lives lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Is there anyone that is still waiting on a letter about the PCA or vetting, the last letter I got was about them having to slow things down with budget cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Is there anyone that is still waiting on a letter about the PCA or vetting, the last letter I got was about them having to slow things down with budget cuts.

Hey! Yea, I know of a couple of people who scored mid 60s in the AC who haven't received anything since that on hold letter, around January time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 BILLYSAUCE

Early 60s and haven't heard a thing. Obviously I'm waaaaaaaaaay down the list :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jay711

Hi folks, new on here! Been reading for months and months and decides to finally break my silence 😄 I'm mid to low 70's and haven't reviewed a "processing application" letter as of yet :( is anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Hey guys. Welcome aboard

Found an FOI yesterday which states that 414 people have a score of 68 or higher in the AC, and 488 have a score of lower than 68.
    I believe we are down to AC scores of 73 so far, and there's plenty of people in your position so don't be too disheartened!

It's a long and arduous process. I know it's difficult to do, but I found it helpful just to put it out of my head over the last number of weeks/months and concentrate on my job. Keep the fitness up and fingers crossed they'll continue to process more people in the weeks and months ahead :)

So from 78 to 73 though I think someone on here said they had a 72 as someone else on here had a 72 and hadn't received anything so they must have had a low 72 if that makes sense so 5/6 places it went down so if it was to follow that trend you could say maybe another 5/6 places it could go down by so 68/67 that being said a majority of people are on 60-68 so there could be a serious amount on each score, Christ my head hurts haha, has anyone tracked timescales when the last folks got their letter saying they were being processed? just to see if the 5 week theory still applies?

So from 78 to 73 though I think someone on here said they had a 72 as someone else on here had a 72 and hadn't received anything so they must have had a low 72 if that makes sense so 5/6 places it went down so if it was to follow that trend you could say maybe another 5/6 places it could go down by so 68/67 that being said a majority of people are on 60-68 so there could be a serious amount on each score, Christ my head hurts haha, has anyone tracked timescales when the last folks got their letter saying they were being processed? just to see if the 5 week theory still applies?

Vetting forms / hold letters went out in jan. most recent batch of vetting forms out 2 weeks ago. From my dates on both there was 13/14 weeks between each. But that's no guarantee / indication of future movement, you know the last thing PSNI recruitment is is predictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

My question is has anyone who got the previous letter about application process being put on hold actually got a PCA invite yet? Or are they still going through the original ones who didn't get that letter?

So you think you receive a letter saying we are now processing again before they send out a PCA invite? Or will the PCA date just arrive through the letterbox?

Crazy to think that campaign 2 opened in May of last year. Wonder where we all be a year from now, probably still waiting :pac:

Catdog33 wrote: »
    My question is has anyone who got the previous letter about application process being put on hold actually got a PCA invite yet? Or are they still going through the original ones who didn't get that letter?

So you think you receive a letter saying we are now processing again before they send out a PCA invite? Or will the PCA date just arrive through the letterbox?

See prev posts. Some people with delay letters received a letter stating their application is now being processed. Pca invite arrived days later. Plenty of people with delay letter in jan haven't heard since though. They're processing applications in smallish batches by the looks of it, in order of merit.

Did anybody else get an email about online learning? Note: I received a delay letter but I've heard nothing since then this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 B999B

Did anybody else get an email about online learning? Note: I received a delay letter but I've heard nothing since then this!

Me too. Seems odd. I've got nothing about a PCA or vetting so really wasn't expecting this. FYI I' low 70's AC score.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was thinking a letter would come in the post about kickstarting everything again after the delay letter! I imagine PCA letters are just around the corner....
    Low 70s here too! I'm panicking now actually lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 B999B

Yeah I was thinking a letter would come in the post about kickstarting everything again after the delay letter! I imagine PCA letters are just around the corner....
    Low 70s here too! I'm panicking now actually lol!

The last line in bold would suggest they're coming next!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Email for learning here too low 70s

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭panini

Got my email today as well, low 70's.

I wasn't expecting this at all but any movement is great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jay711

Email through in last few hours too! No letter received prior to this to say application was being processed etc! Scared but happy nonetheless- nice to see some movement now hopefully!
    Many people think the PCA dates will come in the coming week/2 weeks?

Glad to see so many people have got some info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

Received PCA date roughy a month ago. Received vetting forms two weeks ago as received email or online learning today

Yip, got the online learning email as well today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sophiekoby

Got online learning email today but no PCA letter etc!! What does this mean?! Anyone who has already done their physical in this campaign did you get an online learning email before getting PCA invite?

We had vetting first back in feb- then we got the PCA dates through and our online learning started about 2 weeks before the PCA so it was a totally different order before! Anybody's guess as to what order things will be done for you guys!

• Advertisement

Has anybody in the 60's received the email today? Seems to be the last of those in the 70's from what I've seen on here but just curious?

Advertisement