Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 B999B

So I wonder does this ultimately mean that our applications ARE now being processed? Scared to be too presumptuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

B999B wrote: »
    So I wonder does this ultimately mean that our applications ARE now being processed? Scared to be too presumptuous.

I'm gonna go out on a limb mate, and say they are, I would say you should receive a letter confirming so soon, or even vetting forms... This process is all over the show if I'm honest in comparison to campaign 1 there lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

I really don't think they would sent he online learning if you weren't being processed- hold tight I bet you'll have a letter in a few dyas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

Hey, thought people might be interested in this, I recently put in this request to see where I was roughly in regard to AC results........

234 candidates scored higher than 72

10 candidates scored 72

671 candidates scored less than 72

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Hi all.

First time I've posted on these forums in a few months. Recognise MOP from last campaign.

I got the call from campaign 1, but sadly couldn't accept the job and had to decline.

Still in for campaign 2 but totally confused to what's going on, sitting with high 60's in AC. Anyone shed any light as to what's going on. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sophiekoby

Everyone who got the online earning email yesterday.....did you get the second email with sign in details today? Said we should get it within 24hours of the first email?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

sophiekoby wrote: »
    Everyone who got the online earning email yesterday.....did you get the second email with sign in details today? Said we should get it within 24hours of the first email?

My log in details came about 15 minutes after the first email

Razer33 wrote: »
    My log in details came about 15 minutes after the first email

What's your ac score? If you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

DaveNi wrote: »
    What's your ac score? If you don't mind me asking.

Low 70s mate

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Sounds like everyone with a mid-low 70's score are being processed now.

DaveNi, last confirmation is that they are taking 230 from this campaign instead of the original 378.

• Advertisement

I got original email but no log in details! Will contact support tomorrow!

Yes, I would. I received the on-line learning email yesterday and then the password/ login details came within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Applicants are snubbing PCA Support, according to today's Belfast Telegraph.

Just done my daily Google News for PSNI Recruitment and it came up. If any if you's aren't taking what you's are being offered you's are a pack of silly goats!!

I think a lot of ones were disheartened by failing the PCA but you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face by not going to the sessions!

I think a lot of ones were disheartened by failing the PCA but you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face by not going to the sessions!

I failed last year lol if I'd have been given a 2nd chance I'd have taken it in a heartbeat.

Please guys if any of you's are reading this don't be disheartened you's are in the best possible position so take the opportunities and help as you get it :)

I'd definitely agree with that the PTs taking the support session have been working with this course for years and are the best people to give you advice and train you- I passed but I'd love to be able to go to them- wouldn't turn down free training! And we will redo the PCA at some point in GV anyway most likely! I am trying as much as possible to keep my gym work up for when and if I get in

Yea I think you get your results not long into your wee stay in gv! All the fitness you are doing will put you in good stead as they really push you to your limits inside.

I know someone who said that they just keep pushing you and girls where being sick whilst they ran but they just had a keep going!! I can't wait for it LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jay711

Call this a silly question but what is the PCA support that's offered :S? Is it like the induction day to show us what is what before we do the PCA itself?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious- just making sure I understand everything lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Agree, what support is being offered? Feel like I'm missing out too!
    Also, as i am living abroad, I wasn't able to make the induction for the PCA. Anyone know a number I can contact to see if there is another induction day prior to my PCA date?

newpsni wrote: »
    Agree, what support is being offered? Feel like I'm missing out too!
    Also, as i am living abroad, I wasn't able to make the induction for the PCA. Anyone know a number I can contact to see if there is another induction day prior to my PCA date?

I'd assume it's like fitness advice? And maybe practise of the parts you failed? Eg if u made a mistake going through the cones practising them and maybe the push and pull? And maybe like running or cardio? Dunno lol I'm only guessing.

Anybody who's currently going through it would be fab if you's would let us know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/psni-applicants-snub-help-on-how-to-pass-gruelling-fitness-test-31271173.html

It's regarding the familiarisation, 2/3 of females attend it and 1/3 of males attend it. It was introduced about 1/4 way into campaign 1 there because the pass rate in general was lower than what the PSNI expected. Anybody who doesn't intend to go, my advice is to go, I will be for sure and I have been training from I was no age, purely because I enjoy it as well for rugby, but I would say it would alleviate any nerves or anxiety even a small bit on the day, and to be familiar and know what to expect on the day.

Do not miss the fam session! It was incredibly helpful- take the day off work it is definitely worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I'd echo what these guys have said for all the new boardies out there. As someone who has recently passed the PCA, GO TO THE INTRO SESSION!

You will get a dry run on all the obsticles, look at the distance, learn new ways of doing things and get a groove of what your doing and how your doing it on the day. It should not be missed under any circumstances, frankly where there is a will there is a way. Those who want the job will be at it.

Train hard circuits, 5 mins HIIT all you have.

Any questions you can shoot me a PM.

B999B wrote: »

Received my vetting forms this morning, so it looks like all those in the 70's are being processed.

It hasn't been 5 weeks since the last batch went out so perhaps they are moving a bit quicker?

Received my vetting forms this morning, so it looks like all those in the 70's are being processed.

It hasn't been 5 weeks since the last batch went out so perhaps they are moving a bit quicker?

Really good to hear that the process is up and running again, spoke to recruitment this morning and they confirmed this was the case.

It's a long long process people, expect to be writing/reading on these forums for the next 12 months. Expect to hear a lot of gossip from so many different people, just be patient and when the call comes the call comes. Everyone who has got vetting forms, have you had your PCA date yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

QueenP wrote: »
    Applicants are snubbing PCA Support, according to today's Belfast Telegraph.

Just done my daily Google News for PSNI Recruitment and it came up. If any if you's aren't taking what you's are being offered you's are a pack of silly goats!!

Yeah I read this as well but I think it is a pretty poor piece of journalism really. The headline makes it look like people are refusing the additional help given if you fail but the actual article refers mainly about people not turning up to the familarisation session. This is probably more related to people being unable to get out of work.

Received vetting forms in the post today! Everything seems to be moving too fast now lol!!

Icarus9 wrote: »
    Yeah I read this as well but I think it is a pretty poor piece of journalism really. The headline makes it look like people are refusing the additional help given if you fail but the actual article refers mainly about people not turning up to the familarisation session. This is probably more related to people being unable to get out of work.

Funnily enough I read it too and thought it was just another bitching session at the psni hopefuls!! I know when the time comes for me it'll be a sick day being pulled. (Gulp)

I think part of the problem the general public has towards the force is what the media have tried to make it out to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Only 2 or 3 folk have been showing up. Basically they're going through your PCA and seeingwhat made you fail the initial one and giving advice on where to improve times and techniques. Also looking at your prep and training to see where improvements could be made. Sounds like good advice but in my own personal opinionits not fair to those in campaign 1 who failed by mere seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

There is a NIPB meeting about to take place now that you can watch on YouTube if anyone is interested.

Advertisement