Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

Hi everyone, I have been following this forum since this time last year and thought I would finally join in! I have an AC score in the low 70s and I am yet to receive vetting forms. Reading through the recent posts, it appears that almost everyone in the 70s has received their forms, is there anyone who hasn't?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jay711

Hi everyone, I have been following this forum since this time last year and thought I would finally join in! I have an AC score in the low 70s and I am yet to receive vetting forms. Reading through the recent posts, it appears that almost everyone in the 70s has received their forms, is there anyone who hasn't?

Thanks

Just got my forms about 30mins ago! They must be sending them out in a kind of staggered manner! Wouldn't worry too much- probably be with you tomorrow or Monday? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

I assume no one who was in the first batch of vetting forms has had a letter to say they have passed? Is it correct that if you don't hear then you have passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Did you receive the online learning confirmation email? If so, then it sounds like you are being processed and should receive vetting forms shortly.

Did you receive the online learning confirmation email? If so, then it sounds like you are being processed and should receive vetting forms shortly.

Thanks for replying! But no I have not heard anything since the "you are not currently being processed" letter which everybody got. Have people been receiving the online learning confirmation before vetting? I thought it was vetting forms first, then online learning afterwards.

• Advertisement

Yes, a good few of us received the online learning email this week before the vetting forms were sent out a day or two ago. The order of this campaign is somewhat confusing.

I had assumed all in the 70's had heard. Someone else suggested that we were down to 72 at the minute, if you are 71 or 70 then perhaps you are yet to be processed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I would say you will hear soon enough Captain. I wouldnt fret, you'll be in the next batch. I hope I'm with you on the high 60's lol, Knock wood.

Just read the Chiefs policing board report, not one thing about recruitment was on it, just if anybody was curious.

Yes, a good few of us received the online learning email this week before the vetting forms were sent out a day or two ago. The order of this campaign is somewhat confusing.

I had assumed all in the 70's had heard. Someone else suggested that we were down to 72 at the minute, if you are 71 or 70 then perhaps you are yet to be processed?

That is likely what is going on, I am 70-71 so I'm hoping something turns up soon. And fingers crossed Highbury Lad! This eternal waiting is really wearing thin!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Eternal waiting haha man, there were people from campaign one 13.09 who only went into GV in jan-feb this year. Waiting is something we're all quiet good at on the boards... We do enough of it. Good to see things moving along rightly. Medicals ongoing at the moment... calls end of June at a guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Yeah I was waiting from sept 2013 to April 2015 for a thanks but no thanks so prepare yourself for a long wait. I hope everything runs smoothly but there might be things that get in your way. Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst :)

• Advertisement

Last squad of 1309 only went in there at the start of May so it's a really long process and as mop said still doesn't guarantee any job at the end of it. You can pass everything for this type of job and get nowhere with it, same thing happened to me with the fire service. Most of these public jobs have this merit ruling which can mean passing everything and achieving nothing essentially. Nature of the beast unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 targaryen1664

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking a letter would come in the post about kickstarting everything again after the delay letter! I imagine PCA letters are just around the corner....
    Low 70s here too! I'm panicking now actually lol!

I too am low 70s and also got e learning email on 1st june. Cat dog i was wondering do you still have your letter of delay I have misplaced mine and I was wondering if there were any contact numbers for the recruitment team on their. I really need to talk to them about an issue I'm having. If anyone could help with a recruitment telephone number that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

I too am low 70s and also got e learning email on 1st june. Cat dog i was wondering do you still have your letter of delay I have misplaced mine and I was wondering if there were any contact numbers for the recruitment team on their. I really need to talk to them about an issue I'm having. If anyone could help with a recruitment telephone number that'd be great.

Ring 101 and ask to be put through to recruitment it would be the quickest. Think that's what people have done do in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 targaryen1664

Thanks MissWillow I will give that a wee go.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Yeah ring 101 and ask for recruitment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

I have what I think to be a bit of new info regarding the previous campaign. A total of 402 people were appointed and began training from campaign 1 and in addition to this there were 3 candidates who were offered to start training but didn't turn up. Here's hoping they take on a nice high number of candidates this year too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Do you know how many completed training?

It would be interesting to know how many out of the 402 didn't complete training, along with a breakdown of the reasons: Sick, dropped out, dismissed, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

I do not shield but that would be interesting to know indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Hello, does anybody know from the previous campaign if a score of 60 got through to GV?
    Thanks!

Psni26 wrote: »
    Hello, does anybody know from the previous campaign if a score of 60 got through to GV?
    Thanks!

Yes.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply! I guess patience is key lol

Money is the issue this campaign, last one they had the funding for 380 and took on a little more than that I think.

This year its officially 100-200 being taken on, due to funding from conservative cuts and our own administrations inability to actually settle on anything it changes on a near weekly basis. The fact is the PSNI just don't know what they have coming to them OR what they will have to cut budget wise.

Jan this year campaign was scrapped due to no money. So it’s a waiting game and being hopeful there are the resources to recruit the numbers needed...

Don't forget campaign 1 was originally for 100, and providing funding another 278 were to be taken on which happened, I think just over 378 in total. Campaign 2 official number was 378 which was agreed upon with the policing board, and because of funding has been jeopardised, nothing was ever official as even the chief con reiterated at several board meetings "at this time we envisage" ex number but even stated they couldn't enviage a set number, believe me they will take on as many as they can, that's what I've been told. They never gave a number because they don't know.

If the chief is talking about opening another campaign in autumn limited albeit, I'm assuming that's a positive for us, remember also he stated another campaign was to open in Jan for another 378, since then that's been shelved for financial reasons but from 2 campaigns they had planned to take on the guts off 750 New recruits. Patience is key, and I'm with you there, but I believe they will take on as many from this list as they can, the last up date was an foi that said 230 at the moment was the number they project, but that was from Feb, hopefully that number has increased more, also every foi regarding our campaign has reiterated that they plan to use this list into 2016 if needs be. So keep running and keeping fitness up because once you get a letter or email saying your being processed now it will all come quickly, but don't loose all hope yet, with campaign 1 half the people on here had lost hope and most of those guys and gals are now on the beat and some still in garnerville.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sophiekoby

PCA date in the post today! It's all getting very real again!

Think I've received mine also. Here we go again!

Don't forget campaign 1 was originally for 100, and providing funding another 278 were to be taken on which happened, I think just over 378 in total. Campaign 2 official number was 378 which was agreed upon with the policing board, and because of funding has been jeopardised, nothing was ever official as even the chief con reiterated at several board meetings "at this time we envisage" ex number but even stated they couldn't enviage a set number, believe me they will take on as many as they can, that's what I've been told. They never gave a number because they don't know.

If the chief is talking about opening another campaign in autumn limited albeit, I'm assuming that's a positive for us, remember also he stated another campaign was to open in Jan for another 378, since then that's been shelved for financial reasons but from 2 campaigns they had planned to take on the guts off 750 New recruits. Patience is key, and I'm with you there, but I believe they will take on as many from this list as they can, the last up date was an foi that said 230 at the moment was the number they project, but that was from Feb, hopefully that number has increased more, also every foi regarding our campaign has reiterated that they plan to use this list into 2016 if needs be. So keep running and keeping fitness up because once you get a letter or email saying your being processed now it will all come quickly, but don't loose all hope yet, with campaign 1 half the people on here had lost hope and most of those guys and gals are now on the beat and some still in garnerville.

Yea that's all very true! I'm gonna remain positive! Doesn't really make sense to run the cost of another campaign if they have so many applicants at this stage as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hopeful2013

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Money is the issue this campaign, last one they had the funding for 380 and took on a little more than that I think.

This year its officially 100-200 being taken on, due to funding from conservative cuts and our own administrations inability to actually settle on anything it changes on a near weekly basis. The fact is the PSNI just don't know what they have coming to them OR what they will have to cut budget wise.

Jan this year campaign was scrapped due to no money. So it’s a waiting game and being hopeful there are the resources to recruit the numbers needed...

How many were planned for Jan this year?

Also am I right in thinking then that they always pass way more for AC than they actually plan to take on to factor in sickness, resigning etc? I always assummed the mark for AC would be higher to reflect how many they needed not a surplus of several hundred who pass but don't become cops.

How many were planned for Jan this year?

Also am I right in thinking then that they always pass way more for AC than they actually plan to take on to factor in sickness, resigning etc? I always assummed the mark for AC would be higher to reflect how many they needed not a surplus of several hundred who pass but don't become cops.

Another 378 was planned for January. The reasons they take on a substantial amount from AC is the rates of attrition and failure rate. So say they want to recruit 400 they try to have a merit list of 800 or so, as projected and projected correctly if campaign 1 is anything to go by, 50% will either no show, or fail the remaining hurdles. Keep in mind from the AC there is vetting, physical, medical and online learning. So more to go through than what we've already been through, granted once vetting starts it seems to be quicker than what we've experienced thus far. Nobody is appointable until all the remaining stages have been completed and passed. Now once the ball starts rolling on vetting etc, the idea is that providing you pass all the remaining stages then theyre gearing you up to be placed in a squad to start in Garnerville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hopeful2013

Another 378 was planned for January. The reasons they take on a substantial amount from AC is the rates of attrition and failure rate. So say they want to recruit 400 they try to have a merit list of 800 or so, as projected and projected correctly if campaign 1 is anything to go by, 50% will either no show, or fail the remaining hurdles. Keep in mind from the AC there is vetting, physical, medical and online learning. So more to go through than what we've already been through, granted once vetting starts it seems to be quicker than what we've experienced thus far. Nobody is appointable until all the remaining stages have been completed and passed. Now once the ball starts rolling on vetting etc, the idea is that providing you pass all the remaining stages then theyre gearing you up to be placed in a squad to start in Garnerville.

Thanks mate that all makes sense. Has to be on the the best jobs in Northern Ireland - one can only hope and if it is meant to be...

Hopeful

• Advertisement

Hi folks, just thought I would write on here and ask is there many people on here whom haven't received anything other than the letter in Jan, of the process not moving at the moment. I think we're down to 73/72 in merit being processed is there any in the 70's who are still waiting and is there many of us below 70 I'm high 60's. Just wondering how many boardies are still awaiting. I'm wishing and hoping more movement will happen sooner than later again lol.

Advertisement