Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Hi folks, just thought I would write on here and ask is there many people on here whom haven't received anything other than the letter in Jan, of the process not moving at the moment. I think we're down to 73/72 in merit being processed is there any in the 70's who are still waiting and is there many of us below 70 I'm high 60's. Just wondering how many boardies are still awaiting. I'm wishing and hoping more movement will happen sooner than later again lol.

Hi there HighburyLad, I am on 70 for AC and haven't heard anything yet, it would be interesting to hear from anyone at 71 or 72 and hear if they had heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

StingrayGC wrote: »
    Hi there HighburyLad, I am on 70 for AC and haven't heard anything yet, it would be interesting to hear from anyone at 71 or 72 and hear if they had heard anything.

Hi mate, yeah I'm interested too, on here is really the only form of gauge we have of how far they are down the merit list, and its been a bit all over the show this campaign for understandable reasons. That being said it would be awesome to know who are all still awaiting, nobody has to give away their scoring just if their 70's or 60's and still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Im below 73 and have got PCA date, learning and vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Below 73 but above 70 and I've PCA date, doing online learning at the minute and submitted vetting a couple of weeks ago

Awesome, cheers folks.

• Advertisement

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sophiekoby

Below 73 and above 70 ;) I'm in same position as catdog33

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Above 66 and below 69. Heard nada since Jan dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BILLYSAUCE

Early 60s and obviously heard nothing since January.... But I live in hope :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

I could not sleep last night so I decided to calculate roughly how many people there are on each point . As we know from an earlier FOI request, there are 234 on a score of >72, 10 are on 72 and that leaves 671 on <72. Using a multiplier coefficient of 1.24 I have made the following predictions, but obviously these may not be the case at all, just what they are statistically likely to be.
    72=10, 71=12, 70=15, 69=19, 68=24, 67=30, 66=38, 65=47, 64=60, 63= 74, 62=92, 61=115, 60=144.

We know we are down to about 72 in the merit list, which means at the very most 244 people are currently being processed, with attrition rates of 50%, this number will likely be reduced to around 122. And with 230 new recruit places, that leaves 108 places, which would lead us to assume that another 216 people should receive vetting forms over the next few weeks/months, which would take us down to about 64/65 on the merit list.

If anybody has any additional info to help refine the accuracy, fire away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

You are probably not the only one lying awake at night thinking about this! :-)

If you wanted the actual numbers, just submit a Freedom of Information request asking for the number of candidates that are on each score.

Here: http://www.psni.police.uk/index/about-us/publications/right_of_access.htm

Thank you pastiesupper, but it was also an excuse to whip out my old Casio calculator from the school days!

I could not sleep last night so I decided to calculate roughly how many people there are on each point . As we know from an earlier FOI request, there are 234 on a score of >72, 10 are on 72 and that leaves 671 on <72. Using a multiplier coefficient of 1.24 I have made the following predictions, but obviously these may not be the case at all, just what they are statistically likely to be.
    72=10, 71=12, 70=15, 69=19, 68=24, 67=30, 66=38, 65=47, 64=60, 63= 74, 62=92, 61=115, 60=144.

We know we are down to about 72 in the merit list, which means at the very most 244 people are currently being processed, with attrition rates of 50%, this number will likely be reduced to around 122. And with 230 new recruit places, that leaves 108 places, which would lead us to assume that another 216 people should receive vetting forms over the next few weeks/months, which would take us down to about 64/65 on the merit list.

Fair play mate, I hope you're right :-)

We're definitely below 72 in the merit list 😉 lol!

I'm glad I'm not the only one constantly thinking about this, I mean I literally can't get it out of my head and I was doing well up until recently, my current line of work is suffering massively but mentally I'm totally else where. Glad were all in the same boat. Pateience is key, but that's easier said than done and I can be quite impatient lol. Interesting calculations btw Captain Truth I reckon your on the right path in and around there, I did something a while back too and ended up with something similar lol, I hope your calculations are right mate.

Might I add, that last year including resignations and natural wastage just shy of 300 people left the service, seen in one of the FOI's so essentially last campaign has just been a top up, 70 officers have left since January this year, within the Tyrone area alone according to a recent FOI so I reckon it will be another 300 will leave this year too through natural wastage and resignations possibly more. Also this new phantom budget looks like it's gonna go ahead and that will alleviate pressures and get some things in check for the mean time, knock wood.

Some impressive mathematics there Captain! Deffo over my head lol. It's over a year since the applications for this campaign closed! It's been a pretty quick year imo, just a shame there's been so many delays and hiccups re budgets.

Has anyone in this campaign already done their PCA, failed and got a rescheduled date?

Thanks HighburyLad and QueenP! It wasn't anything complex, just some number bashing :D Putting the A-Level maths to work lol It's been almost 5 weeks since the last batch received their emails/vetting forms, so we'll just have to keep an eye on our inboxes and letterboxes!

Thanks HighburyLad and QueenP! It wasn't anything complex, just some number bashing :D Putting the A-Level maths to work lol It's been almost 5 weeks since the last batch received their emails/vetting forms, so we'll just have to keep an eye on our inboxes and letterboxes!

Haha ur def a smartie if u done alevel maths! I've been off this week and have ran for the post every morning. My parents think I'm nuts but sure, takes all sorts to make a world, or a police force even lol. Bet it'll come when I'm away like it did last campaign. Is it just me or does stuff seem to happen when you take your mind off it?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I believe the last of the medicals for first batch were this week so we'd hopefully be hearing of some phone calls in the next two weeks. It's been weeks since I done my medical..... The days are dragging in waiting haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

heres hoping kev....feels like it is dragging...as to you sophie im not sure when did you do your pca?

I haven't actually done my pca yet, just want to know if it's definitely true that they reschedule a second attempt if you fail! Mentally preparing myself for worst caswcase scenario!

Just got a letter today informing me that I am now being processed through the remaining stages! BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Good news then! There must be calls going out next week then if these letters went out today? Has anyone any thoughts on this?

If they are sending them letters, you'd expect to be getting vetting forms etc in the post next week. Another batch being processed, meaning those of us currently in waiting will be getting called?

I will be keeping my phone right beside me the next couple of weeks thats for sure haha!!

Captain mate, do you mind me asking where abouts are you, you don't have to be specific, merit place that is, and happy days it's moving along, got those all too familiar butterflies in the stomach again there

HighburyLad I am on the border of the 70's. Hopefully will the online learning email and vetting letter will arrive next week!

sophiekoby wrote: »
    I haven't actually done my pca yet, just want to know if it's definitely true that they reschedule a second attempt if you fail! Mentally preparing myself for worst caswcase scenario!

If you can dream it you can do it Sophie!! Famous words of the legendary Walt Disney! You'll be fine give it all you've got and take her handy round the cones and up and down the steps!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Me too 😀 seen your post captain And crapped myself the whole way home seen envelope on mat in hall through front door and nearly wet myself woohoo! Off to the gym shortly good luck everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Anyone know roughly how long after it is that you do your medical that the calls go out?

Just wondering :)

• Advertisement

Did anymore letters head out today to any folks?

Advertisement