Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

None for me highbury. Maybe next month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

QueenP wrote: »
    None for me highbury. Maybe next month :)

I hope so Queen, I really do

I hope so Queen, I really do

Take it you didn't get one either? Just think it's more time for us to train

QueenP wrote: »
    Take it you didn't get one either? Just think it's more time for us to train

I didn't but I thought I may be in with a shout lol, patience again, that is true more time to train which never hurts mind you I've been training all my life haha, so I'm ready to go whenever lol, if they said hey your gonna get your forms just will be in due course then it wouldn't be too bad, I always worry that with each batch that's the last batch if this was like last campaign then it would be sweet.

I didn't but I thought I may be in with a shout lol, patience again, that is true more time to train which never hurts mind you I've been training all my life haha, so I'm ready to go whenever lol, if they said hey your gonna get your forms just will be in due course then it wouldn't be too bad, I always worry that with each batch that's the last batch if this was like last campaign then it would be sweet.

I think like that too. Yea it would be great if they done that but when has this process ever been reasonable lol. But sure, we've all got to remain positive :) our patience will pay off, hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Just a wee fun fact, i had both my vetting forms received, filled out and sent back, and my PCA invite received before I even got my letter telling me I was being processed. Things move quite fast after the waiting so just keep yourself ready :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sophiekoby

Me too Razer!

Anybody read the Chiefs article in the Belfast Telegraph today, nothing on recruitment just how budgets are dramatically changing policing some for the better I believe, but some not so much, I think confidence in policing and the confidence that has been built from Patten is now on the rock's. I think we're still good regarding our campaign, I firmly believe they won't let us go to waste. I don't think they can afford to. A good read and an important one especially to us wanting this as our career.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Anybody read the Chiefs article in the Belfast Telegraph today, nothing on recruitment just how budgets are dramatically changing policing some for the better I believe, but some not so much, I think confidence in policing and the confidence that has been built from Patten is now on the rock's. I think we're still good regarding our campaign, I firmly believe they won't let us go to waste. I don't think they can afford to. A good read and an important one especially to us wanting this as our career.
    Seen a short link on Facebook, will definitely be buying later. Can't believe it's been a year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Vetting forms received, seems to be quick going this time around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

Mine arrived too!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Good to see all this movement on down the AC score list.... nothing from those in waiting. I am highly anticipating calls this week or next at the latest. Anyone else think Friday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

newpsni wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly how long after it is that you do your medical that the calls go out?

Just wondering :)

Depends on if your medical is early or late in the respective batch you are in eg some people did medicals a month ago and some every week since.

It's all goes very quiet once medicals are done until you get a call from the looks of it, can't be long until they start phasing people into the college if they are moving through batch 3 of pcas and vetting now

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Vetting forms arrived today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

StingrayGC wrote: »

Good luck filling them in, bit of a headache! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

StingrayGC wrote: »

What was your rough AC score?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

DaveNi wrote: »
    What was your rough AC score?

It was above 69 and below 71 :-)

That's real close to me, I'm praying this patience pays of, police Scotland for example saying on their site apply by July 5th to make it into a squad by Autumn, which is crazy compared to here, I know a guy who had withdrawn from our campaign and mid 60's too in merit but has started in tulliallan police college already, from submitting an application with police Scotland from the start of March, I thought he was crazy to do so, but guess he's laughing away and fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Knightwing1

Hey guys new on here and just wanted to say I took my PCA today and passed.Now just waiting on my date for the medical.
    Good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Hey guys new on here and just wanted to say I took my PCA today and passed.Now just waiting on my date for the medical.
    Good luck to everyone

Well done! How many were at PCA roughly? Just wondering how long I'll be in attendance, I've mine soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Good to see all this movement on down the AC score list.... nothing from those in waiting. I am highly anticipating calls this week or next at the latest. Anyone else think Friday??

At this stage Kev I'm highly anticipating anything at all! Feels like an eternity since my medical even tho its only been like 3 weeks.

I'm bracing myself for another few weeks yet tho. Hope I'm wrong but have a feeling that it will be middle/end July.

You's guys will have to hear soon, if the squads are to start heading in in August, don't forget usually after someone gets the call a couple of weeks later there is an induction weekend, then 3-4 weeks after that your actual intake Sunday, so tomorrow or next week sounds about right, that's if August is when they want the first squad in for.

Do we know that the first squad goes in August tho? Is it speculation or was it obtained from a FOI request?

Not being an arse lol...just curious!!

A few people have hinted that its going to be in Aug time. At my medical the nurse said 'I wouldn't be booking any holidays in Aug, put it that way'... if that isn't a massive hint I dunno what is. Apparently they know when they are booked in for your 4 week injections or something, they must be booked for Oct time if the nurse said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'm not sure my lovely. I was guessing there would be calls mid July and a start date towards the end of august IF they stuck to the 5 week intervals as per campaign 1 but then they did a pile of medicals early. I'd say the calls are coming in the next couple of weeks, they adjusted calls for the 12th holiday lady year cos the office staff have it off or so I've heard. Settle petal, it's coming and be grateful it is, there's plenty stuck further back feeling more frustrated. Just try and enjoy these weeks, catch up with friends, family, stuff around the house cos once you get that call I reckon you'll be busy lol :D

Cheers Kev for the info...very interesting stuff!

And mop...sound advice. Always the voice of reason ;-)

I'm just like a wain tho...I wanna know yesterday haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 newpsni

Hi all,

Just a quick question about calls.

If they were to ring would it be from a withheld number or would the number show? No reason behind it but just wondering as I don't always have my phone handy

I believe from the past it was calls from a withheld number, and if you don't answer a voice mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

Guys, does anyone have any information on roughly how many numbers go in with each squad and also maybe something a bit more concrete on how many they intend on recruiting form this campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

No one really seems to have the inside track this year, from reading back to last year some people knew exactly when calls were coming. Probably good there isn't so much rumour flying about but makes it all the more unbearable for folks waiting on here playing the guessing game!

Advertisement