Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

We only knew when calls were coming cos they did them over 2/3 days and regularly at 5 week intervals. Calls come from with held numbers but if you miss it they will leave a voivemail asking you to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I know its early in the day, but best of luck if calls are to head out, if not today, if I was a betting man, I would say next week at some stage. Best of luck folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Just seen the strength of statistics was updated there, total number 6748.25 officers, that's kinda crazy there must be more leaving than anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Just seen the strength of statistics was updated there, total number 6748.25 officers, that's kinda crazy there must be more leaving than anticipated.

Yeah a lot leaving. I read last week that almost 800 officers have applied for the exit scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Well it's a crazy figure but good for us :) more chance of a chance at getting in lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I know patten said 7500 in peace time, CC said 7000 min and we are way off that. Quite simply they will NEED the money for recruits, one way or another. Good news for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Knightwing1

.S. wrote: »
    Well done! How many were at PCA roughly? Just wondering how long I'll be in attendance, I've mine soon

somewhere between 15-20 I was out in about an hour and a bit as I was 5th or 6th to go.All the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

Hey guys, another question.....anticipation is killing me! Any ideas how long we should expect to wait for a medical date after doing pca last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Online learning received this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stay Focussed

Hi folks,

New to the forum but have been following for long time!! Congratulations to everyone still in the campaign and showing perseverance and commitment in a very long recruitment campaign.
    Passed my PCA recently and have medical coming up in a couple of weeks. My AC score was 72-75 and was wondering where this might leave me in terms of intake and timeframes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Got my online learning too, great to see some movement again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Good luck guys everyone who is getting movement. Have been quite busy so this is my first visit to the boards in ages, great to see people are progressing further. Was talking to a couple of friends who just finished their training, (OK not exactly just but keeping it vague) well jealous of them :) Still keeping up hope here that they will eventually get to the low 60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I'm remaining hopeful too! also another low low 60! It will happen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

I'm mid 60s and also hopeful that we will get there eventually! I'm glad to see things back in motion again. Can't believe it's 14 months already since applying. It will definitely be worth the wait once we're in the doors of GV

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Hi everyone, newbie here.... First time posting, however, I've been keeping an eye on the forums for any and all helpful info...

I just send my vetting forms off last weekend and the online learning stuff has just went live from today, so will be getting tucked into that later tonight, when I get to sit and give it some proper attention.

It is a bit crazy that its a huge community of colleagues, and hopefully, potential Hotel GV guests :)

I can't handle all the waiting, it certainly is a patience test!! But glad things are definitely moving. Here's hoping I get the call when the time comes....

Kind regards, to all...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Yeah dibble welcome to the club...5 weeks id say youl be doing pca so get your trainers on ha

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Thanks Geezoh!!

I am not looking forward to the PCA, I have watched the video, and have thought, "looks a gift" but reading the forums etc, and basically everyone is saying, do not under estimate the PCA, or words to that effect.

I've been running for years off and on, and took part in a White Collar Boxing programme last year, and am at circuits usually twice a week, so I should be ok....fingers crossed!!

I have read on here that the Push Pull has been dropped, but I don't know if its myth or truth. So i'll just take my orders on the day and see how it goes...

Oh and check you out....you have your PCA done and dusted, and are now getting smart about mine "get my trainers on"!! ;)

Thanks for the best wishes though!!

PCD

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Yeah done and dusted...it is tougher than it looks on the youtube vid but you if youre into your circuits you will have no probs like

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Rookies on UTV tonight at 9pm should be interesting!

fish2690 wrote: »

Didn't even know this was on, thanks for the heads up! Will get it recoreded. I love shows like that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hopeful2013

fish2690 wrote: »

That older lady showed your never too late for a career in the Police!!:D

Interesting programme.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

That older lady showed your never too late for a career in the Police!!:D

Interesting programme.:)

Hope I'm not that old when I finally get in. (Being positive)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

Hey guys lookin for some advice since all of you have done so well to get where you are now. Applied for psni but crashed at my IST....grim!!! Any advice to sharpen up on this?
    I am in the same boat as you all in ways as I start my training with a main land force in a couple of weeks but my real passion is to in some way shape or form come back to the psni! Any tips or advice that helped you all in the initial selection would be great.
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I think time is the killer for a lot of folk. I literally just managed a pass at IST in campaign 1 but did much better with campaign 2. I think you need to push yourself time wise and if you don't get the answer straight away skip onto the next and come back to it or since they weren't doing negative marking throw down a guess. I'm not sure if there's anything you could do to make you're score better other than be really sharp at mental maths. I've found that refreshing my times tables before campaign 2 helped with the maths sections. Saying that the testing for the support team allowed you calculators so who knows what will happen in campaign 3. I know that's not much help to you but it will be interesting to see what other boardies say :)

I failed the IST first campaign but passed the second, if you'd have reversed my scores I would have passed both haha!

I think the key thing to remember here is that it is designed to cut people, that is all. It is literally an exercise to get rid of half, if not more of the people who have applied. It has very little meaning or relation to the actual job itself.

I would say keep the maths work up, there are a few books online that have sample tests and so forth.
    There are people on here who have went to support sessions so maybe get details off them via PM and check that out.
    Do as many trial runs as possible, under time constraints similar to that of the IST.

I am just glad I've passed it and have been given a shot at hotel GV because maths is my weak point and its bloody hard. I guessed a few answers too, the last part is the real killer the time it takes you to workout the right answer is what got me!

There have been rumors of another campaign starting in the fall so keep your eyes open for any news.

Hope that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

Hey guys thanks for the feed back. I heard myself there was a third intake in the pipe line and I've heard from a bit of insider knowledge that it could be on the cards.
    My week point was def data section:-S missed by a few marks. I'll def look into gettin up to scratch with the maths and getting used to looking at tables etc. I went to a few help classes which where good but I seem to buckle on the data.
    The SEARCH selection for mainland forces was suited a lot better for me as it was percentage based questions in the maths side of it. Your right kevbo the IST is just to cut down the numbers unfortunately I was one of them lol as I say though it's not all bad I'm in the job I want to do but in the wrong geographic location :-S anyway anymore advice is def welcome at any time. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lizzy1234

Does anybody know what the salary is for the current campaign? Still waiting myself

19k starting the lower tier. If to Google psni salary range I'm sure you'll find it. On my.phone at the moment or I'd get you a link.

In 7 years it goes to top tier whilst those in 1st campaign get it in 10

Here you go -

http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Justice/p...orpsniofficers

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

I think the Lower salary has put a lot of people off, but thankfully just clears out the people who are just in it for the money.

I doubt that there will be any movement on any more vetting forms this week, if I can remember back to campaign 1, then July there was no movement due to parades etc etc.

Hopefully in next 2 weeks the ball will get rolling again, Where are we at with the AC scores? 65-70's yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

There is also a transitional allowance as well which boosts the salary but I have no idea how much it is!

Advertisement