Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

DaveNi wrote: »
    I think the Lower salary has put a lot of people off, but thankfully just clears out the people who are just in it for the money.

I doubt that there will be any movement on any more vetting forms this week, if I can remember back to campaign 1, then July there was no movement due to parades etc etc.

Hopefully in next 2 weeks the ball will get rolling again, Where are we at with the AC scores? 65-70's yet?

Hi there buddy, I have my vetting forms posted two weeks ago from the weekend just passed and am about two thirds way through the online learning, 68.5 AC score here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Does anybody know or anticipate any vetting forms heading out soon? Just wondering as I'm really, really close lol. I have no idea time frames this campaign if there is any?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Does anybody know or anticipate any vetting forms heading out soon? Just wondering as I'm really, really close lol. I have no idea time frames this campaign if there is any?

My guess would be next Monday they will start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

DaveNi wrote: »
    My guess would be next Monday they will start again.

I hope your right bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

I hope your right bud

Me too as I'll fall into the higher end of that bracket!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

So....anyone on here other than dream big & myself eagerly anticipating the next batch of calls (hopefully) in a couple of weeks time?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I'd say 2-3 weeks from now stay beside the phone on a Thursday or Friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Is this for October intake? Any ideas when next one will be of those currently doing online learning at minute?

Cheers KevBo mate. Was sorta hoping that it would be around mid August! Not long for you now ;-)

Yea derob...This would be the August calls for October intake I'm waiting on. How far are you on in the process?

Cheers KevBo mate. Was sorta hoping that it would be around mid August! Not long for you now ;-)

Yea derob...This would be the August calls for October intake I'm waiting on. How far are you on in the process?

I'm doing online learning waiting on PCA date, vetting sent off start of july, thinking maybe January will be next intake??

• Advertisement

Derob wrote: »
    I'm doing online learning waiting on PCA date, vetting sent off start of july, thinking maybe January will be next intake??

I'm at the same stage as you Derob. Waiting! Nearly done with online stuff. Tonight should finish it off I hope. Just waiting for PCA date too. Hope it comes soon. January feels like a lifetime away!

I'm at the same stage as you Derob. Waiting! Nearly done with online stuff. Tonight should finish it off I hope. Just waiting for PCA date too. Hope it comes soon. January feels like a lifetime away!

I know it does but considering we've been waiting a year to get to this stage six months will be nothing and we can enjoy our last Xmas lol

I'd be fairly confident that there will be an intake before Janurary, possibly two intakes.

Going by last campaign if you look at the forums history, once calls started to go out there was a general 5 week rotation of calls and intakes.

Things have been up and down with this campaign time wise but the first calls went out so, from then if we get more calls in 5 weeks one can assume normal recruitment times have begun.

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    I'd be fairly confident that there will be an intake before Janurary, possibly two intakes.

Going by last campaign if you look at the forums history, once calls started to go out there was a general 5 week rotation of calls and intakes.

Things have been up and down with this campaign time wise but the first calls went out so, from then if we get more calls in 5 weeks one can assume normal recruitment times have begun.

Oh you think? See now you just made me nervous again a November intake then, I'm going to be screwed with my current employers as need to give more than the standard 4 weeks notice, but then what are they going to really be able to do, not like they could phone police on me haha!

Thanks for the info KevBo
    Good to know.

Oh you think? See now you just made me nervous again a November intake then, I'm going to be screwed with my current employers as need to give more than the standard 4 weeks notice, but then what are they going to really be able to do, not like they could phone police on me haha!

That's a bit mega to have to give so much notice.
    I don't think there's anything that they can do, I think what a company asks for and what employment law details regarding notification of resignation differs. I wouldn't worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

Waiting for the call. Do you recon the call list is for intake September or October?

Well I would stress this is just me thinking out loud, going by what was posted here about the last campaign and time lines. We know they want to take on at least 100 officers, they have not recruited 50 yet so logically there will be another few intakes. If you take on 3x38 its just over 100.

They will give you 4-6 weeks notice so there would be no problem with the current employers. What stage are you on the whole process? I'd say those who had medicals last month should be in line for the next batch of calls...

That's a bit mega to have to give so much notice.
    I don't think there's anything that they can do, I think what a company asks for and what employment law details regarding notification of resignation differs. I wouldn't worry too much.
    Thanks Constable Dibble, yeah they ask for a week for every year you've worked for them, but when the time comes I'll be running out the door they can try catching me but my fitness is too well improved I doubt they'll manage, going to get stuck into elearning at weekend, have been taking my time with it and taking a lot of notes

Well I would stress this is just me thinking out loud, going by what was posted here about the last campaign and time lines. We know they want to take on at least 100 officers, they have not recruited 50 yet so logically there will be another few intakes. If you take on 3x38 its just over 100.

They will give you 4-6 weeks notice so there would be no problem with the current employers. What stage are you on the whole process? I'd say those who had medicals last month should be in line for the next batch of calls...
    Thanks Kevbo, yeah at elearning stage with vetting sent back start of month, no PCA date yet but from what I've heard these usually come out 3 weeks after elearning sent so this week next week I reckon we will have a date for end of August/september

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭panini

I wouldn't get too stressed with the e learning at this stage, you can print it all off, save the pdf's to your computer and you apparently get to access it if you get the call for a week before your start date. Each to their own of course, I can't blame you for getting stuck in!

Top info again KevBo...legend!

So that's jackrabbit, dream big and myself waiting on the next batch of calls? Anyone else out there? Just good to know all the rest of the crew in this boat of ours when the calls next go out haha

Maybe someone else can confirm or deny, but I'm pretty sure they said recruitment would be going into 2016? So hopefully maybe 2 more intakes between now and Xmas and maybe one or two after?

Only reason I'm thinking that is there was ones who only submitted their vetting forms a few weeks back and it can take months for it to clear

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Guys I would learn that e learning in as much detail as possible because if you get in you will be tested on it and you will have more to learn before coming in in addition to it- do it as well as you can now and don't give yourself more work down the line!

Guys I would learn that e learning in as much detail as possible because if you get in you will be tested on it and you will have more to learn before coming in in addition to it- do it as well as you can now and don't give yourself more work down the line!

That's my thinking on it too, would rather get it I the head now then just refresh it before going in if I get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭panini

Thanks for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Vetting sent. Nearly finished online learning and PCA letter arrived today!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

So from these posts today there's only going to be an intake every 2months? With the first intake starting in August? Or have I read this all wrong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tinfoilcap

QueenP wrote: »
    So from these posts today there's only going to be an intake every 2months? With the first intake starting in August? Or have I read this all wrong lol

The first intake is in August and there's an intake scheduled every 5 weeks after that. There will probably be 3-4 intakes before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Tinfoilcap wrote: »
    The first intake is in August and there's an intake scheduled every 5 weeks after that. There will probably be 3-4 intakes before the end of the year.

Thanks. That's what I had thought then I read about Octobers intake and wondered what about Septembers lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Not all pointed at you Derob, just a bit of it but didn't want to do loads of posts lol.

Ok so the calls went out in campaign 1 like clockwork every 5 weeks, only exception being July "festivities" lol. So my calculation you should all be staring at the phone first Wednesday to Friday of August willing it to ring with an unknown number!!!!

You'll have an induction weekend approx 2 weeks after that call, must attend BOTH Saturday and Sunday. You'll start on a Sunday approx 3 weeks after that.

My suggestion to anyone who has passed everything including vetting is to have a word with the employer. See if the notice period is negotiable. You could take annual leave and give your notice if you're going to be stuck. Failing that since the recruiting process is on a MERIT basis you guys who are called this time coming (August calls) will have a higher merit number than the following intake (September calls). If you need to give longer than 5 weeks notice you could defer to the following intake therefore giving your employer up to 10 WEEKS NOTICE and you'd be one of the first people called in September as you'd obviously have a higher merit number. People have deferred for several reasons before, weddings, new babies etc and all got the call the next month. There's ways and means people. Just cos youve got the long awaited call from someone doesn't mean you have to take it, they're humans at the end of the phone and they'll do their best to work with you if you let them know what's going on. The last thing they want is a wasted space :)

Advertisement