Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Is anybody else kinda hoping more will be processed this week? Was sorta restless last night thinking about it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

Is anybody else kinda hoping more will be processed this week? Was sorta restless last night thinking about it lol.

Yea just a bit. Work is a nightmare to ask for time off. Saturdays off are like gold dust, plus a stag do an birthdays

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Knightwing1

After completing my medical and getting my letter saying I passed my medical, Does anyone know if I can start buying stuff e.g.socks polish etc.or should I wait for a letter confirming my substance abuse results and vetting or the Call???
    thanks in advance
    Knightwing

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

After completing my medical and getting my letter saying I passed my medical, Does anyone know if I can start buying stuff e.g.socks polish etc.or should I wait for a letter confirming my substance abuse results and vetting or the Call???
    thanks in advance
    Knightwing

As they say 'Don't count your chickens before they hatch' - plenty of time to buy socks an polish if your offered a place on the course. Also you don't get a letter saying you passed the substance misuse test, only if you fail.

By the sounds of things there will be calls next week or the week after. Sit tight until then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

KevBo2015 wrote: »

By the sounds of things there will be calls next week or the week after. Sit tight until then!

Will we start a book lol. Im guessing the first full week of August. Possibly weekdays between 5th to 12th ;)

As for people wanting to buy stuff I agree with KevBo, don't count your chickens. You'll get a pass letter about your medical but you won't know about vetting unless you contact them and ask if it's passed or still outstanding. Remember EVERYONES is different and some take much longer than others so the folk you've progressed through the stages with mightn't be the ones you get calls with or head of to Hotel GV with. Patience, the calls will come :)

• Advertisement

Can I ask anybody, prior to vetting forms did an email come through first for online learning or a physical letter saying your now being progressed, I think some folks it was either or just wondering as I'm patiently waiting for more movement for the next batch as I'm hoping I'm in it lol, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Can I ask anybody, prior to vetting forms did an email come through first for online learning or a physical letter saying your now being progressed, I think some folks it was either or just wondering as I'm patiently waiting for more movement for the next batch as I'm hoping I'm in it lol, thanks.

Received letter saying application was being processed, few days later received vetting forms and few days after the online learning email :)

Received letter saying application was being processed, few days later received vetting forms and few days after the online learning email :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

Personally I got a letter saying I was being processed then the forms and PCA date came the next week. But I think from reading this, the batch after might have got online learning email before physical letter, but I can't be 100%

Derob wrote: »

Thank you derob, I dunno whether to expect something this week or next or at all, but where it landed last time I would be in theory in the next batch, so I'm trying to be pragmatic here but at the same time silently getting anxious haha, time will tell.

• Advertisement

820sox wrote: »
    Personally I got a letter saying I was being processed then the forms and PCA date came the next week. But I think from reading this, the batch after might have got online learning email before physical letter, but I can't be 100%

Thanks, yeah I thought maybe some had it differently and vice versa.

Thank you derob, I dunno whether to expect something this week or next or at all, but where it landed last time I would be in theory in the next batch, so I'm trying to be pragmatic here but at the same time silently getting anxious haha, time will tell.

Fingers crossed, seemed to run quite quickly this time as PCA date came in last week for this batch, online learning finished in next week also so just waiting for PCA, medical and SMT, not sure when that could fall if we get the call, although everyone hinting at an Oct/nov intake which I reckon would be actually too quick in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I also got progression letter, vetting forms couple days later and PCA invite few days after that. Online learning email not long after PCA invite (I think lol). Batch after me got online learning email prior to any written correspondence though. Once you get the first it isn't long til they all arrive regardless of order.

You are a cert for the next batch Highbury. Chin up, it'll happen =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

The letter stating that they were moving my application forward and my vetting were within a week of each other. Then another week for online learning and three weeks until PCA invite.

An intake this year is possible from this batch with the possibility of everything being completed by the end of september mid october. All depends on how they operate over christmas.

Edit: And if they are taking any more intakes by that stage I suppose!

Lol Highbury, thought you'd learned by now....expect it when it's in front of you lol. Fingers crossed you'll hear something soon though.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol Highbury, thought you'd learned by now....expect it when it's in front of you lol. Fingers crossed you'll hear something soon though.

Lol, the anticipation is getting to me haha.

Lol, the anticipation is getting to me haha.

I know my lovely :( could be worse though. You could be waiting to hear about campaign 3 :D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Highbury I hope you get word soon too cause when you do that means I may be a few weeks behind you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Nothing today...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

What are you waiting on mate? Just with everyone at different stages it's hard to keep up with who's waiting on what!

• Advertisement

What are you waiting on mate? Just with everyone at different stages it's hard to keep up with who's waiting on what!

Sorry... Same boat as HighburyLad

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Wish u all the best the matey!

I'm hoping for that call next week too (if they happen next week that is) although I'm not setting myself up for a fall this time.

I was devastated when I didn't get in on the first batch cos my vetting hadn't cleared but im more relaxed now.

As the legendary Mop said before, the call will come eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33686121

The PSNI spent £47.7m on overtime last year, thats the wage packet of at least 2,000 new constables.

Wish u all the best the matey!

I'm hoping for that call next week too (if they happen next week that is) although I'm not setting myself up for a fall this time.

I was devastated when I didn't get in on the first batch cos my vetting hadn't cleared but im more relaxed now.

As the legendary Mop said before, the call will come eventually!

Legendary?!?! Ha!!!! Just been where you've all been a few times. Don't want to see you all stressed and as grey haired as me, costing me a fortune in hair dye lol.
    Watch the phones 5th to 12th :P

QueenP wrote: »
    Highbury I hope you get word soon too cause when you do that means I may be a few weeks behind you ;)

I'm only guessing here but with the last folks to get their forms around 68.5 I would dare say it could be 68 down to maybe 66 or even 65 depending on how many folks there are with those scores. I know that there is more people now in the sixties than those in the 80's/70's etc fingers crossed something soon, until then I'm running like the clappers lol.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33686121

The PSNI spent £47.7m on overtime last year, thats the wage packet of at least 2,000 new constables.

Should have just kept campaign 1 running until the merit list was exhausted and do the same with C2!!!! They'd have more boots on the ground to cope and no need for overtime especially since this "festive period" is a reoccurring theme. Wouldn't say it's a ridiculous waste of money but would say it could have been spent slightly better. Muppets lol

I'm guessing next week. I know someone who got a score low 70's and they got their letter at the start of July. A letter and some nice weather would make a great start to August and be great motivation too lol. Its all in front of us guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

I'm guessing next week. I know someone who got a score low 70's and they got their letter at the start of July. A letter and some nice weather would make a great start to August and be great motivation too lol. Its all in front of us guys :)

I got 68.5 and got letter at start of july or end of June, vetting forms couple of days later, online learning went live soon after, and last week or week before I got my PCA date. So its all happening, I'm sure your letter isn't too far away. Keep er lit.

I got 68.5 and got letter at start of july or end of June, vetting forms couple of days later, online learning went live soon after, and last week or week before I got my PCA date. So its all happening, I'm sure your letter isn't too far away. Keep er lit.

Oh thanks dibble! im not too far away from you! :) I'd just like the processing letter. even if I don't get any more correspondence for a few weeks it'd pacify me lol.

• Advertisement

Oh thanks dibble! im not too far away from you! :) I'd just like the processing letter. even if I don't get any more correspondence for a few weeks it'd pacify me lol.

I'm with you queen! So anxious to get a letter :( mustn't be too far away from your score I guess.

Advertisement