Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Goonerdee wrote: »
    What stage are you at Highbury and Queen P?

We're waiting for the "your application is now being processed" letter. And the rest that follows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Another day folks lol, maybe tomorrow? Just jesting :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

What score range are you within? I'm low 60s but still hoping.

What score range are you within? I'm low 60s but still hoping.

66-68 dee without going specifics lol, last score to get progressing letters etc were 68.5 about 4/5 weeks ago, and even with low 60's I still think everyone is gonna get their shot here.

Nothing today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

QueenP wrote: »
    Nothing today :(

Nada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Settle my lovelies, I reckon the calls will be out the end of this week/start of next IF they follow the 5 weeks like last campaign. I think they'll send out more vetting after those calls. Try not to watch for the post, put it out of your head guys, you're just torturing yourself :( xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 820sox

Mop a top wrote: »
    Settle my lovelies, I reckon the calls will be out the end of this week/start of next IF they follow the 5 weeks like last campaign. I think they'll send out more vetting after those calls. Try not to watch for the post, put it out of your head guys, you're just torturing yourself :( xx

I'm with you on this one. Thinking POSSIBLY Friday for any calls. Hard going not letting my mind run wild!

It's turned into a habit clocking in at home for the post every day. Whooopsies. I think ur right though about when we'll hear :)

Yup nadda here either, I would agree with Mop that most likely letters may go out around or after calls go out for the folks in waiting.

• Advertisement

So there's the second squad calls heading out as we speak, I'm hoping the usual happens more forms head out or progressing letters head as soon as a squad is called, heres hoping for maybe something tomorrow folks lol

So there's the second squad calls heading out as we speak, I'm hoping the usual happens more forms head out or progressing letters head as soon as a squad is called, heres hoping for maybe something tomorrow folks lol

I'm going to hunt you down and give you a kick up the arse!!!! Settle lol

The last thing you want is for recruitment to think they've got enough through vetting ATM and with PCA repeats they figure they might have enough for GV and C2. Do you REALLY want to be watching the post box every day for weeks and having that constant disappointment every single day? Seriously, forget about it and when the envelope arrives you'll be all the more pleased, there's a fine line between staying positive and mentally torturing yourself over thinking what recruitment are up to, safe to say he goal posts have changed an awful lot in C2. Generally when you forget about it Sod's law kicks in and you end up getting what you want. Look at KevBo and the C2 intake 1 calls.

I'm going to hunt you down and give you a kick up the arse!!!! Settle lol

The last thing you want is for recruitment to think they've got enough through vetting ATM and with PCA repeats they figure they might have enough for GV and C2. Do you REALLY want to be watching the post box every day for weeks and having that constant disappointment every single day? Seriously, forget about it and when the envelope arrives you'll be all the more pleased, there's a fine line between staying positive and mentally torturing yourself over thinking what recruitment are up to, safe to say he goal posts have changed an awful lot in C2. Generally when you forget about it Sod's law kicks in and you end up getting what you want. Look at KevBo and the C2 intake 1 calls.

Duly noted mop lol, I actually am quite chilled about it at the moment, time will tell haha

You've no idea how much I'm hoping and praying that you guys get the nod and start to progress but I don't want anyone unnecessarily heartbroken over this whole recruitment process. It's tough enough without adding to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭panini

Just out interest how long is it usually between calls? So if this squad are getting calls now, how long until the next group?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Mop you're like the nicest person ever, after all you've been through on here and you're still rooting for us and helping everyone out- wish we had the opportunity to work with you- its just a matter of time I'm sure :)

Mop you're like the nicest person ever, after all you've been through on here and you're still rooting for us and helping everyone out- wish we had the opportunity to work with you- its just a matter of time I'm sure :)

Thanks so much sweetie. You wouldn't be saying that if you'd seen me an hour ago trying to get reluctant kids to bed, the joys of summer holidays lmao!!! So excited for you, nerves kicked in yet?? xx

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Feels almost like its not really happening! Yeah the nerves are there but I'm definitely more excited than anything else :)

You'll be grand my lovely, I'm mega jealous lol. I know it will be mental busy when you get there but stay in touch, might get to meet up when I get through C3, how's that for positive thinking :P so happy for you chick :D stay safe xx

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Hi folks, haven't logged into this forum in an attempt to put the process at the back of my mind! Hasn't done much good tho! Still check the letterbox every day. Has anyone with low 60 in the A/C score received any indication of progression? thanks.

• Advertisement

Nothing yet for me. (Very low 60)

Was just doing a little maths folks in regards of numbers as this I believe ultimately decides what's happening with our campaign. So I've pretty much taken a screen shot every month of the strength of statistics because I'm sad lol; and basically the past three months has seen the force numbers fallen by 77 however in the past three months 82 student officers have passed out, so I think I'm right in saying that in the past 3 months a total of 159 have retired or left, from December there the strength of the force has continued to fall despite student officers passing out, bear in mind that the last squad for campaign 1309 went in on May and the first squad of our campaign starts in August, so that's over 3 months a squad won't pass out from garnerville once the last squad of 1309 passes out, that could be a deficit of 159 will leave in that period of time with no replacements, if you do the maths right up until this time next year, you would need to recruit way more than the original 378 number for our campaign you would be equating to, over double that amount and even that will be maintaining numbers. Just a rough calculation because I have nothing else to do in my mornings lol.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't announce a new campaign until they have exhausted this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

Highburylad that is some impressive stats you have given and I'm hopin with everything crossed that it's right haha

Highburylad that is some impressive stats you have given and I'm hopin with everything crossed that it's right haha

Lol it's a rough guide but I'm confident it's roughly around there anyway, 1000 can retire now so it's more than likely it is fairly accurate fingers crossed for us lot :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't announce a new campaign until they have exhausted this one.

I hope you're wrong. If you think about it they started C2 in May 2014 and they still took candidates every 5 weeks from the C1 merit list up to February 2015. That was the last month of calls, and they sent out dear john letters March/April so I'm personally hoping they'll announce C3 this autumn.

Highbury weren't you doing these kind of stats before? Someone was and they were pretty much spot on from what I remember. :)

I hope you're wrong. If you think about it they started C2 in May 2014 and they still took candidates every 5 weeks from the C1 merit list up to February 2015. That was the last month of calls, and they sent out dear john letters March/April so I'm personally hoping they'll announce C3 this autumn.

Highbury weren't you doing these kind of stats before? Someone was and they were pretty much spot on from what I remember. :)

Haha yeah I did Mop, knock wood but so far most of my theory and legit hearsay I've heard through the grapevine hasn't failed me yet, I don't know but I'm pretty confident they will exhaust this list, but I'm pretty certain they will launch a new campaign through our process too, as we all know it's really cumbersome, and to exhaust the list and then start a new campaign would mean periods of gaps within garnerville and that means no bods coming into replacing those that leave, so my guess is exhaust the list they have, and say in the next coming months start a new campaign so when the last squads of this campaign are heading through garnerville the first squads of a new campaign would be ready to keep the flow, flowing as they say, again this is just pure guess and theory so don't take it by law, but its a fairly reasonable assumption :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Hi folks, haven't logged into this forum in an attempt to put the process at the back of my mind! Hasn't done much good tho! Still check the letterbox every day. Has anyone with low 60 in the A/C score received any indication of progression? thanks.

I'm in the 65-68 score range and haven't received anything since the thumbs down letter months ago. Fingers crossed that the next lot of us will get processed soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Does anyone know the reason that they didnt exhaust the C1 list? I didnt pass the AC in C1. I would be absolutley gutted though if I had passed every stage and then got told that they werent going to be taking any more from the list while a new campaign had started.

• Advertisement

Joe789 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the reason that they didnt exhaust the C1 list? I didnt pass the AC in C1. I would be absolutley gutted though if I had passed every stage and then got told that they werent going to be taking any more from the list while a new campaign had started.

From what I got from it they said they were recruiting 378 from C1. There were 403 places if I remember correctly (or there abouts) who received the call. I think the difference in numbers were to make up for those who failed finals or when they passed decided it wasn't for them and left or those who quit while in GV. From what insider friends told me it sounds about right. They took right down to the low 60's but you have to remember that there are more people who scored top marks (high 80's +) in C2 than C1 so there mightn't be the need to go as far down in the AC scores. It sounds bad but fingers crossed I'm wrong. My advice as always, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Apply for C3 and give it 100% even if you do mange to get through all the stages of C2. I know there were folk like me who had passed everything, some even did the PCA twice and still never got in so in my opinion they do NOT exhaust the merit list completely, they only take the numbers needed or budgeted for and then the rest are left.

Positive thinking my lovely ;)

Advertisement