Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Mop a top wrote: »
    From what I got from it they said they were recruiting 378 from C1. There were 403 places if I remember correctly (or there abouts) who received the call. I think the difference in numbers were to make up for those who failed finals or when they passed decided it wasn't for them and left or those who quit while in GV. From what insider friends told me it sounds about right. They took right down to the low 60's but you have to remember that there are more people who scored top marks (high 80's +) in C2 than C1 so there mightn't be the need to go as far down in the AC scores. It sounds bad but fingers crossed I'm wrong. My advice as always, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Apply for C3 and give it 100% even if you do mange to get through all the stages of C2. I know there were folk like me who had passed everything, some even did the PCA twice and still never got in so in my opinion they do NOT exhaust the merit list completely, they only take the numbers needed or budgeted for and then the rest are left.

Positive thinking my lovely ;)

Just outta curiosity mop, do you or any of the other vets on here, remember how many squads went through on C1? Guessing about 6 or 7?

Just trying to figure out (if that's even possible) when the calls are going to run until given that we've had two intakes already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Just outta curiosity mop, do you or any of the other vets on here, remember how many squads went through on C1? Guessing about 6 or 7?

Just trying to figure out (if that's even possible) when the calls are going to run until given that we've had two intakes already.

Hi gem, there was about 10/11 squads in total, I've heard a rumour about the same amount of squads for us too.

Hi gem, there was about 10/11 squads in total, I've heard a rumour about the same amount of squads for us too.

Hey HL

Ah ok...so should stretch into first quarter of 2016 with this campaign too then?

Hey HL

Ah ok...so should stretch into first quarter of 2016 with this campaign too then?

Possibly later than that, but yeah into 2016

Possibly later than that, but yeah into 2016

Nice on HL!

Tried to PM you but it says your inbox is full.

Your too popular! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Vet?!?? Cheeky bugger!!!! There was 10 and a smaller 11th one. Then the fear john letters went out when the calls were due for 12. Tbh they said 378 to start with but there was FOI put in and it was 403 calls made.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tinfoilcap

Vet?!?? Cheeky bugger!!!! There was 10 and a smaller 11th one. Then the fear john letters went out when the calls were due for 12. Tbh they said 378 to start with but there was FOI put in and it was 403 calls made.

Squad 10 was actually the smaller one, squad 11 was significantly bigger.

Didn't intend to offend mop ;-)

Great info though, thanks a mill....

...again!

Didn't intend to offend mop ;-)

Great info though, thanks a mill....

...again!

Just taking the piss lol

Tinfoilcap wrote: »
    Squad 10 was actually the smaller one, squad 11 was significantly bigger.

Obviously told the wrong thing. First time for everything lol. Anyway I didn't get a call like I should have and wanted to so the squad size is irrelevant to me and technically the same to any future squad.

People in C2 should be more focused on the fact that they took more than they said they would. Fingers crossed it will happen the same way round.

Definitely having a little break from boards. I'll still reply to the pms you guys send when I can. Good luck my lovelies xx

• Advertisement

Just when everything seemed to gather a bit of momentum it falls silent again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Just when everything seemed to gather a bit of momentum it falls silent again lol

Yeah when did the last set of vetting forms etc go out? Seems there's been a bit of a lull

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Yeah when did the last set of vetting forms etc go out? Seems there's been a bit of a lull

This Friday it will be 8 weeks :/ well for folks getting progressing letters at least

This Friday it will be 8 weeks :/ well for folks getting progressing letters at least

Mine were sent the beginning of June but I thought some more went out beginning of July? Have to say I did expect more to be out by now for the next batch :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

The last vetting forms that were received by 'batch 4' was on 30th June.

PCA resits are scaring me!

Catdog33 wrote: »
    PCA resits are scaring me!

Ditto lol

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

I definitely thought with the calls for squads going out things would pick up pace a little, even just getting progression letters. Anyone know roughly what ac scores have vetting forms being processed now? Waiting on a progression letter for mid 60's!!! Wonder what impact a new recruitment campaign would have for this merit list? Would it speed it up a bit or is this just one of life's mysteries?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

The lowest mark I have heard getting processed so far is 68.5
    Bustermoon wrote: »
    I definitely thought with the calls for squads going out things would pick up pace a little, even just getting progression letters. Anyone know roughly what ac scores have vetting forms being processed now? Waiting on a progression letter for mid 60's!!! Wonder what impact a new recruitment campaign would have for this merit list? Would it speed it up a bit or is this just one of life's mysteries?!?

Take it by the silence folks nothing came today for anybody, I don't get mail until later but thought if anything was to come today we'd have seen someone post something by now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Take it by the silence folks nothing came today for anybody, I don't get mail until later but thought if anything was to come today we'd have seen someone post something by now?

Total radio silence here!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

So as well as not receiving a letter today, 1D are "taking a break" such a sad day :(

Don't think there is any post today because of the bank holiday, could be wrong mind you. Maybe something this week will materialise for us waiting lol ( knocks wood )

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

What stage are you at Highbury lad?

Have you completed the medical yet?

elliotness wrote: »
    What stage are you at Highbury lad?

Have you completed the medical yet?

I wish mate, high 60's and still haven't received vetting, I'm hoping for a progression letter soon, last folks got theres 10 weeks ago this Friday and there is .5 of a difference in scoring lol, so impatience is getting the better of me.

Do we know how many 1405 batches have got the call yet?

Do we know how many 1405 batches have got the call yet?

Cool.

No need to fret just yet then.

But my desk job is killing me lol

You got the call catdog?

Cool.

No need to fret just yet then.

But my desk job is killing me lol

You got the call catdog?

Nope... Just waiting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Just read CC report to PB.

Campaign 3 will open at end of September.

Fantastic news for everyone.

Advertisement