Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Hopefully that's good news for us in the current campaign too then, they should be taking on more than was originally said!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

Should all us guys in the waiting zone reapply??

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Yes definitely! Hopefully it's a similar structure as last time

Definitely! I know I will if I haven't had the call by that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

You're worrying me with all this talk of reapplying!

They've said they would take 220, based on the available but limited budget.

We've only had two intakes. Assuming they are around 35 per squad then theoretically there's another 150 places available, equalling another 4 intakes?

Surely if anyone is in the waiting stage, then there is a reasonable chance of getting the call?

Personally, I don't think I want to go through the process again. Twice has been more than enough for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

What's your views on those that are in the delayed batch that got letters in January time but haven't been processed yet? Do you think we'll get a shot or will it be a case of try again for the 1505 campaign? (In guessing it'll be called that)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

If you really want the job you won't stop applying until you are sitting in GV.

If they are opening another campaign they will use the current campaign as much as possible.

Oh believe me I won't stop. I'm just not sure I'll be fit to blag my way thru the ist and assessment a 3rd time. I think it was sorta chance i passed them last time lol.

Hmm well we know they didn't exhaust the 1309 campaign... So why would they exhaust this one? I don't understand why they wouldn't though as it makes so much more sense financially but you can't assume anything in this process!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol QueenP it was not you blagging your way through it twice. Give yourself credit for what you achieved. There's 1000's who didn't get this far.

Being totally honest here and you'll probably not want to hear it but I doubt they'll get anywhere near as low as the last campaigns AC scores. Basically they took 400 into hotel GV in the 1309 campaign and got into the low 60's BUT remember the stats for the PCA fails. 8/10 girls and I think 4/10 guys failed it. If you factor in the higher AC scores cos people have had practice and a fair idea of what they're looking for now AND the PCA repeats there won't be the same fail rate so they technically won't have to go as low down the merit list to fill the places in the 1405 campaign. Plus they said they weren't taking as many candidates this time due to budget cuts.

I'm sitting mid 60's this time, I'm not expecting to progress but if I do I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Depending on what month they start the campaign will determine the campaign number. Might be something like 1509/1510. I'm just looking forward to starting this all over again. Third time is a charm QueenP :P

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    Plus they said they weren't taking as many candidates this time due to budget cuts

If the budget cuts are affecting the number they take from this campaign then why on earth pay deloitte another few hundred thousand pounds to run another campaign with people still waiting in this one? Much much cheaper to put everyone from this campaign through PCA and medicals than to pay deloitte to start all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Catdog33 wrote: »
    If the budget cuts are affecting the number they take from this campaign then why on earth pay deloitte another few hundred thousand pounds to run another campaign with people still waiting in this one? Much much cheaper to put everyone from this campaign through PCA and medicals than to pay deloitte to start all over again!

Try £1million....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

A bit off topic but I need to speak with recruitment, would anyone have a number to call? Many thanks

jaylu wrote: »
    A bit off topic but I need to speak with recruitment, would anyone have a number to call? Many thanks

101 and ask for HR recruitment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

101 and ask for HR recruitment

Brilliant cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

We might be ok. Still a few batches to go in our group so we shall see of the calls come.

If people keep posting scores/calls etc that'll give us a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

This is my opinion on it. The second squad hasn't even started yet, with the first just started. We're already down to 68.5 or there abouts. Call me optimistic but from what I heard with numbers etc we will be getting a bit more down the list. The last squad from campaign 1 was made up of people on 60 etc, don't forget nobody is appointable until everything is finished that includes vetting. Campaign 3 was to have started by January 2015 and is only starting end of Sept start of October.

Way more are retiring than expected and leaving than expected. I'm telling you folks keep an eye on the strength of stats in terms of officer numbers, it has never went up only down since recruitment opened, it's that cumbersome. If my time line is right the last squad of campaign 1 will be passing g out end of Sept start of October the next squad will be squad 1 of our campaign which started mid August so they wont be passing out until Jan 2016 if I'm right. That's 3-4 months of no numbers passing out only leaving that could equate to 200 officers leaving in that time frame.

Bear in mind the original number was 378 but might I add, I think they took more than that on last campaign and if you look at recruitment years back in 07 and earlier original projections where smashed due to mass retirements etc with 500 etc being taken on. I don't wanna mis lead anyone thinking that everyone has a shot, but I have a hunch they will maxmise recruitment to the best of their ability and I'm not talking 230 people.

Also May 2014 our campaign started the last squad went in May 2015 for campaign 1 in that time frame there was like 9 squads from then, there is the possibility that could be similar to ours, again call me optimistic but someone's gotta keep the faith haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Did anyone else get a letter about the new recruitment campaign?

It basically said that at the end of this month there will be a new campaign and that the push pull element has been removed... I imagine they have sent these letters out to those in a similar position to myself who failed on the push pull in campaign 1 to encourage them to apply again?

You got a physical letter in the mail as in I mean a mail letter? Today Ctay?

Yeah a physical letter in the post, I haven't personally seen it as I'm not at home, but that's what the mothership has told me!

• Advertisement

ctaylorf wrote: »
    Yeah a physical letter in the post, I haven't personally seen it as I'm not at home, but that's what the mothership has told me!

Interesting, that's pretty cool!

Why didn't they do it with campaign 1?!?! I know there's folks sitting with everything passed and they got dear john letters. Who knows!!! You and I know it would make more financial sense to completely exhaust the merit list from a campaign before starting another but if they did that I'd be in GV. I can only assume they are given a budget for recruitment which includes paying Deloitte and taking a specific number of candidates through hotel GV and they're not allowed to go over that budget even if there's suitable candidates still waiting on a place.

ctaylorf wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a letter about the new recruitment campaign?

It basically said that at the end of this month there will be a new campaign and that the push pull element has been removed... I imagine they have sent these letters out to those in a similar position to myself who failed on the push pull in campaign 1 to encourage them to apply again?

I failed in C1 by a couple of seconds and I never got the privilege of a letter.:( Although I'm not a city gal so maybe I'll get mine tomorrow ;) when the post filters out to the sticks lol. it's been tomorrow tomorrow the past month with me waiting on a progression letter.1 It's so disheartening waiting about though especially when I had the chance before and completely blew it by seconds. I just really really REALLY want this job. My life revolves around it. like someone said the other night it's like an addiction wanting to get into the psni. I just hope I'm in before I need a zimmer frame lol

Lol Highbury I'm torn my lovely. You know I'm a big fan of your stats, you've been pretty spot on since I've joined boards, I think I'm being a bit protective. I thought I was getting a call for several months and I'm not wanting to count anymore chickens cos I've enough grey hairs and heartbreak lol. I think you all know how much I'd love for the vetting papers to land on my doorstep but I'm not sure. I REALLY hope you're right thought :) but hindsight a taught me that there never seems to be any rhyme or reason to PSNI recruitment and I'm done trying to figure it out, other than guessing when the next batch of calls go out lol.

QueenP wrote: »
    I failed in C1 by a couple of seconds and I never got the privilege of a letter.:( Although I'm not a city gal so maybe I'll get mine tomorrow ;) when the post filters out to the sticks lol. it's been tomorrow tomorrow the past month with me waiting on a progression letter.1 It's so disheartening waiting about though especially when I had the chance before and completely blew it by seconds. I just really really REALLY want this job. My life revolves around it. like someone said the other night it's like an addiction wanting to get into the psni. I just hope I'm in before I need a zimmer frame lol

Haha I live out in the sticks too! Usually I'm the last out of the boardies to get any correspondence! I completely know how you feel, I failed the push pull by 1kg in campaign 1. Heartbreaking to get so close!

I think maybe they've only sent these letters to people who failed on the push pull in C1. It basically says that the push pull element won't be a compulsory part of the PCA but that candidates are encouraged to be assessed to provide statistics for the future.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol Highbury I'm torn my lovely. You know I'm a big fan of your stats, you've been pretty spot on since I've joined boards, I think I'm being a bit protective. I thought I was getting a call for several months and I'm not wanting to count anymore chickens cos I've enough grey hairs and heartbreak lol. I think you all know how much I'd love for the vetting papers to land on my doorstep but I'm not sure. I REALLY hope you're right thought :) but hindsight a taught me that there never seems to be any rhyme or reason to PSNI recruitment and I'm done trying to figure it out, other than guessing when the next batch of calls go out lol.

Lol I understand Mop. You've been through the ringer when it comes to this. I wouldnt post anything up to mislead or get hopes up I'm just confident more are gonna be taken on than people think. I think we're sitting on 6600 odd officers and the chief has reiterated there at the last policing board meeting he wants 6963 for operational resilience, we have one squad of maybe 30 odd passing out within the next month. Then nothing until squad 1 of our campaign passes out which will be sometime in Jan I believe. So 6600 odd will be dropping considerably once the last squad of 1309 passes out. Again I probably come across desperately reassuring and over optimistic, but with a third campaign opening up that's a good sign for us in waiting. In the chiefs report there for the last board meeting he did say they had to slow down campaign 2's recruitment from last October there but he didn't mention reduction of student officers from campaign 2 ;) lol

Lol I understand Mop. You've been through the ringer when it comes to this. I wouldnt post anything up to mislead or get hopes up I'm just confident more are gonna be taken on than people think. I think we're sitting on 6600 odd officers and the chief has reiterated there at the last policing board meeting he wants 6963 for operational resilience, we have one squad of maybe 30 odd passing out within the next month. Then nothing until squad 1 of our campaign passes out which will be sometime in Jan I believe. So 6600 odd will be dropping considerably once the last squad of 1309 passes out. Again I probably come across desperately reassuring and over optimistic, but with a third campaign opening up that's a good sign for us in waiting. In the chiefs report there for the last board meeting he did say they had to slow down campaign 2's recruitment from last October there but he didn't mention reduction of student officers from campaign 2 ;) lol

When I think about it, The 2nd campaign opened up end of last May. And there was a lot of squads and people in waiting then too for word on the 1309 campaign. So really, we're just the same as those who hadn't been processed when our campaign started. So we shouldn't really worry....I hope lol x

Well with potential calls heading out for next Friday for the 3rd squad I'm hoping we get something maybe this week lol a letter or online learning access, anything I'm really not that particular haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

So third batch of calls have went out and still no more movement on progression letters... This is a strange way of doing this round of recrutiment.... Lowest score to get the call is 70 I believe....

• Advertisement

DaveNi wrote: »
    So third batch of calls have went out and still no more movement on progression letters... This is a strange way of doing this round of recrutiment.... Lowest score to get the call is 70 I believe....

Really?? Well I've passed everything including vetting and my score is 71-72 and I've no call :(

Advertisement