Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

It was a friend who mentioned it to me, so he could be wrong but defo between 70-73.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I can't get over how close it is to my merit placing and I haven't even received vetting forms lol, as I'm sure others are in the same boat. If anyone on the boards has passed everything and providing their vetting passes they will without a doubt get a call.

CD you will most definitely get a call, bear in mind these calls have came out on a Tuesday and Wednesday which has been unheard of, so it could be going out over the space of a couple of days. If you don't hear anything this batch then most definitely next Max number so far out of 3 squads would be 138 and that's going on if the past 2 squads including the one being called that is, have or will be 51 per squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Cheers Highbury, it's just torturous!!! I'm not a very patient person at all and I've
    Felt sick all bloody day, couldn't concentrate in work at all lol! I've settled now and am just ready to wait another 5 week!

I didn't realise squad 1&2 were so high I thought they were only about 38-40! Didn't think hotel GV could cater for so many at once!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

Hey CD I feel your frustration! Do you know roughly how many were taken in the first two intakes?

Hey CD I feel your frustration! Do you know roughly how many were taken in the first two intakes?

I've no idea. Highbury reckons as high as 51 in each squad..
    I also had no idea what way these calls are going out either because people who have passed everything including vetting are missing out on a call to people below them in terms of AC score :s makes no sense . Does IST score count again at this stage or something????

• Advertisement

Catdog33 wrote: »
    I've no idea. Highbury reckons as high as 51 in each squad..
    I also had no idea what way these calls are going out either because people who have passed everything including vetting are missing out on a call to people below them in terms of AC score :s makes no sense . Does IST score count again at this stage or something????

Well that means at least they will get through the remaining candidates being processed all the quicker! It could well be IST is a factor, but another possibility may be gender/religion? I hope not, but I'm not sure what else it could be, if everyone is on the same page having passed all of the remaining stages. Very strange!

There could be people on high merit places who have done pca resits and wouldve technically been in squad 1 or 2 who may be getting calls too don't forget, just a theory mind you.

Yeah I know, I knew resits would be getting in my way and keeping me back lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

There's no way religion plays any part in the order of the calls. I would very much doubt if gender plays any role either.

Same with the pca. I am still hearing of fellas who are convinced that women got longer on the course. We were all measured against the same standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 .Q

Well that means at least they will get through the remaining candidates being processed all the quicker! It could well be IST is a factor, but another possibility may be gender/religion? I hope not, but I'm not sure what else it could be, if everyone is on the same page having passed all of the remaining stages. Very strange!

Gender and religion wouldn't play a role in recruitment. It's probably PCA resits, although it would be interesting to know if IST results are taken into account.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know, I knew resits would be getting in my way and keeping me back lol!!

Fingers crossed for you!!! Bet the call will come tomorrow!!

.Q wrote: »
    Gender and religion wouldn't play a role in recruitment. It's probably PCA resists, although it would be interesting to know if IST results are taken into account.

So are people from campaign 1 offered PCA resits as well as those who failed in campaign 2?

So are people from campaign 1 offered PCA resits as well as those who failed in campaign 2?

No just people who fail in campaign 2 are given the chance to resit. They changed the rules for this campaign

No, resits for Campaign 1 are not an option. They recently sent out letters to people who failed Campaign 1 push pull in the PCA to let them know that there will be a new Campaign starting soon and letting then know the push pull isn't in it anymore. However they have to apply and go though all the stages again.

Congratulations to everyone who has thus far got a call, and for those waiting literally if you've passed everything its only a matter of time until you get a call and that's legit, the second squad hasn't even started and the first squad still have the new smell that comes with the uniform so I really wouldnt worry and that may be easy coming from me as Im not in your position but I have been on here since Jan 2013 and this is how it goes with the PSNI recruitment process; and its way too early for anybody to worry that they won't get a position having passed everything there is literally I think only 36 New student officers from our campaign so far, so bring it into perspective. By the way, I haven't even received vetting myself so you lot are in a far better position than myself and a lot of others on here lol. Again though don't fret that call will eventually come sooner than later now.

On another note is anybody watching the shambolic guff that is happening up on the hill with these morons elected to govern our country, if they can't sort this out it could impact everybody including us aspiring police officers. I kinda despair, if I didn't want to become a con within the PSNI I would've left long ago to pastures a new.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Congratulations to everyone who has thus far got a call, and for those waiting literally if you've passed everything its only a matter of time until you get a call and that's legit, the second squad hasn't even started and the first squad still have the new smell that comes with the uniform so I really wouldnt worry and that may be easy coming from me as Im not in your position but I have been on here since Jan 2013 and this is how it goes with the PSNI recruitment process; and its way too early for anybody to worry that they won't get a position having passed everything there is literally I think only 36 New student officers from our campaign so far, so bring it into perspective. By the way, I haven't even received vetting myself so you lot are in a far better position than myself and a lot of others on here lol. Again though don't fret that call will eventually come sooner than later now.

On another note is anybody watching the shambolic guff that is happening up on the hill with these morons elected to govern our country, if they can't sort this out it could impact everybody including us aspiring police officers. I kinda despair, if I didn't want to become a con within the PSNI I would've left long ago to pastures a new.

Thanks Highbury! That's restored my faith! Trying to keep positive but always the doubt!!

Couldn't have put it better myself mate, shambolic! It's embarrassing for the country and I actually dread to think what the outcome is going to be! Unfortunately it's just another step back in time when they should be putting heads together to try and prevent it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Should sack the lot of them. Get rid of ANY and ALL political party that has any tie to any religion or "organisation". Leave the preaching and religious beliefs to the actual preachers. They're a useless bunch on the hill, couldn't agree on the colour of **** if their constituents lives depended on it cos in my opinion they're only looking out for themselves and they haven't a drop of common sense among them. One things for sure, I bet their wages and lifestyles haven't been affected by budget cuts but everyone else's has. Ridiculous!!!! They should have the same salary as us and see how quickly they'd start fixing things and sorting out the country. If PSNI doesn't work out maybe I should become an independent lmfao :P

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Mop a top wrote: »
    Should sack the lot of them. Get rid of ANY and ALL political party that has any tie to any religion or "organisation". Leave the preaching and religious beliefs to the actual preachers. They're a useless bunch on the hill, couldn't agree on the colour of **** if their constituents lives depended on it cos in my opinion they're only looking out for themselves and they haven't a drop of common sense among them. One things for sure, I bet their wages and lifestyles haven't been affected by budget cuts but everyone else's has. Ridiculous!!!! They should have the same salary as us and see how quickly they'd start fixing things and sorting out the country. If PSNI doesn't work out maybe I should become an independent lmfao :P

I'd vote for you!! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

Mop for 1st minister!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lmfao muppets!!!! However I might take you up on that offer :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod post:

Guys can we please keep this on-topic? You can create a thread for political posting, post in the General thread, or discuss this in the Northern Ireland Politics forum.

As usual, since this is a Moderator post, replying or discussing is not permitted. If anyone wants to contact me about this or anything else, just drop me a PM.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭valor rorghulis

If the budget cuts are affecting the number they take from this campaign then why on earth pay deloitte another few hundred thousand pounds to run another campaign with people still waiting in this one? Much much cheaper to put everyone from this campaign through PCA and medicals than to pay deloitte to start all over again!

Its been so long that a lot of people will have said forget it. People who have since then had huge increases in salary due to promotions, people in their now mid thirties who realise if they did join they'd never be entitled to a pension due to the 35 years of service rule

I'm sure there are other reasons but this kind of thing could wipe out a profile of people and they could end up selecting from a lower quality candidate pool which I wish they want to refresh.

I think Catdog, why they have opened or opening another campaign up is because, we all know recruitment is cumbersome and from what I know the PSNI are now at a point were recruitment is now a necessity so opening recruitment up at the end of the month means come Summer 2016 New recruits will be ready to start. 30-60 officers are leaving through natural wastage a month and it will continue for a while around 1000 officers are entitled to retire now all they have to do is hand in 30 days notice and don't even have to work the remaining notice. Also a lot of people now don't do the 30 years now 35 years service, and that's in general across policing as a career English home office forces seem to have a revolving door of officers.

Can I ask folks if anyone knows or kind enough to divulge is their any more pcas to occur this week or soon, first attempts that is or even second attempts coming up soon, I know folks did them last week just wondering where we're at now in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Can I ask folks if anyone knows or kind enough to divulge is their any more pcas to occur this week or soon, first attempts that is or even second attempts coming up soon, I know folks did them last week just wondering where we're at now in the process.

How many weeks is it now that letters haven't been sent out? :(

I think they only seem to be doing them over two days per batch. Boys one day and girls the next. So I reckon the ones that did theirs last week are the last ones to do it, except for resits of course, until the next batch get their progress letters. There's going to be a bit of a gap now...

I think they only seem to be doing them over two days per batch. Boys one day and girls the next. So I reckon the ones that did theirs last week are the last ones to do it, except for resits of course, until the next batch get their progress letters. There's going to be a bit of a gap now...

Yea, fingers crossed those progression letters go out soon for HighburyLad and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

It's got to that stage again like last campaign .... All this waiting!! It would drive you mad!!

DaveNi wrote: »
    It's got to that stage again like last campaign .... All this waiting!! It would drive you mad!!

Guessin your in same boat as Highbury then Dave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

QueenP wrote: »
    How many weeks is it now that letters haven't been sent out? :(

Coming up to 12 weeks now P. Driving me mad.

Advertisement