Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dani85

Derob wrote: »
    Plucked up the courage to phone HR! Vetting has cleared :) so pleased dunno what I'll be like when I pass medical and get the call, Cheshire Cat comes to mind today

Congrats Derob! Really happy for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Anyone else seen this?
    Found on FOI requests.

Question 1
    Please could I have details in relation to PSNI recruitment.

What is the lowest pass mark that has been taken into Garnerville for student training?

Clarification: Could the time limit include the last 10 squads please

Answer
    This is to inform you that the Police Service of Northern Ireland has now completed its search for the information you requested.  The decision has been taken to disclose the located information to you in full.

The lowest past mark is 59 for the last 10 PSNI squads.

Question 2
    What year did this recruit/recruits commence training

Answer
    In 2015.

Question 3
    Can you provide a breakdown of male and female, catholic and others  and their pass marks who have been accepted into training

i.e. 6 female officers in with a pass mark of 68

10 male officers in with a pass mark of 72 being the lowest mark attained by males etc.,

lowest catholic accepted into training had pass mark of 66

lowest female accepted into training had pass mark of 61

Clarification: it is a follow on, if the lowest mark was gained by a male/female or by protestant /other?
    For example if the lowest pass mark was 60 was this obtained by a protestant female from lesbian background??? or male from other background for the last 10 squads

Answer
    The following responses are based on the lowest pass mark accepted as being 59.

The breakdown of this group is as follows:

Protestant = a total of 12.
    Roman Catholic = a total of 1.
    Undetermined  = a total of 1

Male = a total of 12.
    Female = a total of 2.

The lowest mark being 59? There's hope for many yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Thought the pass mark was 60, how did they get in with a 59!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Ghost15 wrote: »
    Anyone else seen this?
    Found on FOI requests.

Question 1
    Please could I have details in relation to PSNI recruitment.

What is the lowest pass mark that has been taken into Garnerville for student training?

Clarification: Could the time limit include the last 10 squads please

Answer
    This is to inform you that the Police Service of Northern Ireland has now completed its search for the information you requested.  The decision has been taken to disclose the located information to you in full.

The lowest past mark is 59 for the last 10 PSNI squads.

Question 2
    What year did this recruit/recruits commence training

Answer
    In 2015.

Question 3
    Can you provide a breakdown of male and female, catholic and others  and their pass marks who have been accepted into training

i.e. 6 female officers in with a pass mark of 68

10 male officers in with a pass mark of 72 being the lowest mark attained by males etc.,

lowest catholic accepted into training had pass mark of 66

lowest female accepted into training had pass mark of 61

Clarification: it is a follow on, if the lowest mark was gained by a male/female or by protestant /other?
    For example if the lowest pass mark was 60 was this obtained by a protestant female from lesbian background??? or male from other background for the last 10 squads

Answer
    The following responses are based on the lowest pass mark accepted as being 59.

The breakdown of this group is as follows:

Protestant = a total of 12.
    Roman Catholic = a total of 1.
    Undetermined  = a total of 1

Male = a total of 12.
    Female = a total of 2.

The lowest mark being 59? There's hope for many yet!

Interesting breakdown, and whoever submitted the foi its a random one lol. Ghost, that would be the last squad of the first campaign that's referring to. I don't wanna burst anybody's bubble, but bear in mind attrition rates in campaign 1 were really high, just remember that, I do believe we're in a really good position as the strength of the force in terms of numbers has rapidly decreased, and campaign 3 could be the guts of a year before squads start going in. Also, last squad of campaign 1 passes out this week, so there won't be any more bodies going in fully operational duty wise until the first squad of our campaign pass out which will be in the new year, so numbers will continue to decrease through natural wastage with no new recruits coming in fully operational until the new year so again more numbers will decrease, over the next 3-4 months which could equate to another 100-200 officers less, hope this makes sense lol. Somebody could submit an foi asking the anticipated numbers at the moment from our campaign? I would but I've foi'd them to death lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

More sickening when you're waiting on vetting with a much higher AC and get the dear john letters. My advice is let C1 go. They're two totally different campaigns, like Highbury said the attrition rate was much higher so there's little to no point in drawing comparisons between then, especially when scores and squads are concerned.

Is a bit random Highbury, not sure what they're trying to establish, if whoever put it in is on boards, elaborate what you were trying to find out, I'm intrigued lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Someone should send an foi asking when they are gonna send a letter out to the next set on the list!! What time does the application open at in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Confirmed this morning on Nolan

51 officers every 5 weeks until May 2016.

Hmmm, question is, why has there been 12 weeks gap in information!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

DaveNi wrote: »

Who was on Nolan Dave?

I would say because they've got so many through at the moment dude, they're just going through that, the last folks to be processed have done their pca there and are awaiting medicals, resits from the last pca is around December so I reckon we'll hear soon!

• Advertisement

And he changed figures from 200-300 to 400 for this campaign.

Well 51 every 5 weeks up to May is 443 including the first 2 squads who have started already and the 51 who start in October so that would make sense his numbers that is.

Well 51 every 5 weeks up to May is 443 including the first 2 squads who have started already and the 51 who start in October so that would make sense his numbers that is.

Highbury you know my thoughts on this!!!! Don't toy with me!!! Lmfao is that 51 every 5 weeks until May from C2?!?!

Mop a top wrote: »
    Highbury you know my thoughts on this!!!! Don't toy with me!!! Lmfao is that 51 every 5 weeks until May from C2?!?!

Oh I know Mop I wouldnt risk the wrath lol and Yup :)

Mop a top wrote: »

Yeah... And then campaign 3 starting in hotel GV in August/September 2016

Yeah... And then campaign 3 starting in hotel GV in August/September 2016

I could see them taking on more maybe, taking on as many they can when you think about it, from May til then is 3-4 months and within that time frame who knows how many could leave, as he said 20-27 wastage from each squad so when a squad passes out you have 20-27 more leaves through wastage. Maybe getting ahead of myself lol, but yeah it's good news, stuff I had heard but when you hear from the horses mouth it's reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

That's definitely a bit of good news for us any way guys! It gives us a little bit of hope!

Just wondering too if any of you are in the same boat as myself, having passed everything including vetting? Are any of you going to apply for campaign three? I'm not sure what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Definitely makes interesting reading! Or listening even lol

Looks like there will more than likely be progression letters at some stage soon

Mallbo26 wrote: »
    That's definitely a bit of good news for us any way guys! It gives us a little bit of hope!

Just wondering too if any of you are in the same boat as myself, having passed everything including vetting? Are any of you going to apply for campaign three? I'm not sure what to do!

Keep applying until you are sitting in hotel Gv

wouldnt risk the wrath

Cheeky bugger!!!! Who's been telling you stories :P I'm not that bad honestly ;)

• Advertisement

Seriously my lovely apply for C3!!! You honestly never know what could happen!!! I was only waiting for my PCA repeat in C1 cos it expired a few days before I should have started GV and I knew I'd pass it again so I didn't put in as much effort at the AC as I should have. Anyway injury put an end to that then something cropped up (not a direct result of anything I did) which made them pull my vetting and I missed out of C1 and I'm not in a good position for C2. Until you're in GV I'd be applying for it but that's only my opinion. Besides it only takes a few minutes of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

So after listening to that audio clip are we saying the AC scores of 64-67 might be in with a shot of receiving vetting forms etc in the upcoming weeks?
    What do you reckon HighburyLad? You seem to be good with working the figures lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

I'm the captain of that boat Mallbo. Waiting patiently and it seems to be just the vetting holding me up. That said, I noticed a credit check on my credit report last week so hopefully my names down for a call in a couple of weeks.

I'm apply for C3 just in case of course.

Ghost15 wrote: »
    So after listening to that audio clip are we saying the AC scores of 64-67 might be in with a shot of receiving vetting forms etc in the upcoming weeks?
    What do you reckon HighburyLad? You seem to be good with working the figures lol

I would say that would be a fair enough assumption Ghost, seems to be done in batches of 100 last folks to get vetting were 68.5 so you would imagine down to 65 at the very least. Again just sorta forecasting figures around, just my estimate.

badi15 wrote: »
    I'm the captain of that boat Mallbo. Waiting patiently and it seems to be just the vetting holding me up. That said, I noticed a credit check on my credit report last week so hopefully my names down for a call in a couple of weeks.

Ah hopefully you hear Soon then Badi! This waiting game is just awful!

I definitely would want to apply again for campaign three but just wasn't sure if we were allowed to apply again when in waiting or what the procedure was!

What scores do you reckon will be getting called next? Or do you know what scores have already been called or do scores even come into it?! Ahhhh there's so much to think about! Haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

Ah hopefully you hear Soon then Badi! This waiting game is just awful!

I definitely would want to apply again for campaign three but just wasn't sure if we were allowed to apply again when in waiting or what the procedure was!

What scores do you reckon will be getting called next? Or do you know what scores have already been called or do scores even come into it?! Ahhhh there's so much to think about! Haha!

There's no restrictions on applying again so you've nothing to lose. Not sure what score they're down to at the minute. I'm sitting in the waiting room on low 70's.

There's no restrictions on applying again so you've nothing to lose. Not sure what score they're down to at the minute. I'm sitting in the waiting room on low 70's.

You're in the same position as myself then! Vetting was cleared a few weeks ago and score in the low 70's! Hopefully we hear something next time round! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I'm really hoping I still have a chance in C2 with a very low 60-61! Still be applying for C3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I've applied for C3. On the merry go round once again.

• Advertisement

That sounds really promising! I kind of know once you've passed vetting they'll do a quick recap of everything before calls go out. Fingers crossed this is definitely the case as it's been mentioned to me but I've never had it confirmed

Advertisement