Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭badi15

Hi mop, what do you mean by a quick recap?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

So a "non progression" letter arrived ... Circumdtances remain unchanged .. Not being processed at this time ... Devastated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Bustermoon wrote: »
    So a "non progression" letter arrived ... Circumdtances remain unchanged .. Not being processed at this time ... Devastated!!

What was your AC score?
    Gutted for you by the way.. chin up for C3!

Ghost15 wrote: »
    What was your AC score?
    Gutted for you by the way.. chin up for C3!

It was 64-67, I'm living in hope they are maybe processing the band just above me and then I might get a shot! At least I can just focus on waiting for an ist date ... Again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Aw christ I'm in work at the moment and so is the folks, so nobody to phone to find out if anything is through the post, maybe it's just an update as such because the new campaign has started? Is it a replica from the last one we received in January Buster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

It was 64-67, I'm living in hope they are maybe processing the band just above me and then I might get a shot! At least I can just focus on waiting for an ist date ... Again!!!

How can they come out and say they are actively recruiting until May 2016 just yesterday and yet send that letter to you? 😕
    Just awaiting the same letter you've received now.. I was in the same band of AC scores. Gutted!

This has thrown a spanner in the works, my only guess is they may have enough to have people going in until January so you may find more are progressed within the month, I have no idea though I'm kinda dumbfounded that it went out :S

Yeah it's the same dear john letter, mentions that letter and says pretty much the same, "your application is not being processed through remaining stages at this time ... Current list remains live and further candidates may be processed further to future funding" Mentions new recruitment campaign at the bottom," you are welcome to apply whilst remaining in the pool for the current recruitment campaign"
    Aw christ I'm in work at the moment and so is the folks, so nobody to phone to find out if anything is through the post, maybe it's just an update as such because the new campaign has started? Is it a replica from the last one we received in January Buster?

Hopefully it's almost like a reminder - u may still progress in this campaign but sure reapply anyway!!the more I think about it the more I think it's not the worst, at least a new campaign has just opened. It's not like there's no hope at all!!
    This has thrown a spanner in the works, my only guess is they may have enough to have people going in until January so you may find more are progressed within the month, I have no idea though I'm kinda dumbfounded that it went out :S

Ah okay that doesn't sound as bad as feared then, I reckon it's to keep you in the loop and to let you know this list is still live with the new campaign opening up, I think we're all still good, 51 every 5 weeks is a lot up to May they don't have that amount processed at this moment so I reckon you'll hear something in due course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Ahh soo sorry Buster! Hopefully it's just a delay then and you will hear from them again in a month or two!

Chin up! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Bustermoon I got the same letter as you. "At this time" is underlined but I seriously doubt it.

See Highbury I was right :P i was expecting this to happen, with FOI request stating there was over 100 with scores higher than mine and the PCA repeats not "culling" as many from the merit list there was no way in hell I thought they'd get down this far. Glad I cut C2 loose a long time ago but really feel for you guys who held onto hope. I don't blame you cos I would have if it was my first campaign but I guess the devastation of C1 taught me a hard lesson.

Right my lovelies new focus!!!!! C3 BABY!!!!!! And I ain't on about the cars lol. Chins up, we'll get there, it's just going to take a little while longer and let's be honest when you're in the job in PSNI for 30 years what's another 1 or 2 waiting for it in the grand scheme of of things?!?! :)

I'm probably living in hope maybe, but why wouldn't they just send out Dear Johns? If they weren't gonna take anybody on, and from what I heard too, is the attrition rates are still high enough for those being processed, and campaign 3 is gonna be pretty tough with maybe 150-250 jobs going, and the way the pca is now. Who knows, I'll wait til I get my letter and take it from there. It sucks for sure. I still live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Mop a top wrote: »
    Bustermoon I got the same letter as you. "At this time" is underlined but I seriously doubt it.

See Highbury I was right :P i was expecting this to happen, with FOI request stating there was over 100 with scores higher than mine and the PCA repeats not "culling" as many from the merit list there was no way in hell I thought they'd get down this far. Glad I cut C2 loose a long time ago but really feel for you guys who held onto hope. I don't blame you cos I would have if it was my first campaign but I guess the devastation of C1 taught me a hard lesson.

Right my lovelies new focus!!!!! C3 BABY!!!!!! And I ain't on about the cars lol. Chins up, we'll get there, it's just going to take a little while longer and let's be honest when you're in the job in PSNI for 30 years what's another 1 or 2 waiting for it in the grand scheme of of things?!?! :)
    Very true!! What's your AC score for campaign 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Not much news from the CC's monthly report to do Policing Board. Just said that it started yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Got a non progression letter today. My AC score near the 60 pass mark.

Damn how anti climatic from yesterday to today, wth is going on?

I'm not reading too much into these letters, got one myself.

At this time means today, tomorrow or Monday is a different day.

I think these letters are simply to stop people asking recruitment for updates and any Information on the current campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

DaveNi wrote: »
    I'm not reading too much into these letters, got one myself.

At this time means today, tomorrow or Monday is a different day.

I think these letters are simply to stop people asking recruitment for updates and any Information on the current campaign.

What is your score Dave? In and around...

fish2690 wrote: »
    What is your score Dave? In and around...

Between 66-70.

• Advertisement

So the more the letter sinks in I think it could be almost saying "you might still progress in this campaign but we can't guarantee we'll get to you so reapply anyway!" I still have hopes for C2, albeit slightly deflated, but will be focusing energies on the great old IST again!!! Anything that happens in C2 will now be a pleasant surprise! As everyone has said, if this is the career for us then it doesn't matter how long it takes to get there!!! (Though some idea of a timescale would be nice!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Especially as the 'at this time' in the letter is underlined, sort of saying, it could change. Keep up hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Just home from work was expecting a not at this time letter after reading scores people have put on here but was delighted to get a processing letter. They mention C3 in my letter too so I wouldn't take that as anything more than acknowledgement and a reminder that we can all apply regardless of still being in with a shout in C2.

I still think anyone waiting to be progressed might still get a shot, I'd still rather have a letter saying not now than not at all because it still means theres a chance and I'd rather have a slim chance than no chance.

Brilliant news Sheepsy!!! Great to hear there ARE progression letters going out!! Definitely still some chance for the rest of us!! I'll not give up until the fat lady sings!!! I'll be the first to ask the inevitable question ...what range was your AC score in?

Great news though, really pleased for u!
    Sheepsy wrote: »
    Just home from work was expecting a not at this time letter after reading scores people have put on here but was delighted to get a processing letter. They mention C3 in my letter too so I wouldn't take that as anything more than acknowledgement and a reminder that we can all apply regardless of still being in with a shout in C2.

I still think anyone waiting to be progressed might still get a shot, I'd still rather have a letter saying not now than not at all because it still means theres a chance and I'd rather have a slim chance than no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Great news!

Just to clarify. The non-progression letter is NOT a Dear John and just states this it is not currently being processed, so the door is still open?

People actually received a progression letter on to online learning, vetting etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

DaveNi wrote: »
    Very true!! What's your AC score for campaign 2?

Same as Bustermoon 64-67 bracket. Wish I had C1's score lol

Highbury I think they're not sending out dear johns just yet. I think they're waiting to see how well the current batch do with repeat PCA, medical vetting etc. They possibly have enough going through final stages and are just biding their time to make sure they do, if they didn't have enough and had sent out dear johns then they'd have shot themselves in the foot. They'll possibly send out a small batch of betting to the next highest score just to make sure they'll have enough in the merit pool. Either that or it's the finances again, they'd LIKE 51 every 5 weeks until May but doesn't mean to say they'll get it :-/ The wait continues but you know I've washed my hands of C2 so it's little odds to me lol

Got my letter, being processed now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

Got my letter, being processed now too.

Highbury. Great news pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Thanks Bustermoon I was delighted to see it! I'm in the 65-67 range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Good news for me today too folks :)

Advertisement