Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Just got confirmation I'm being processed too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Joe789 wrote: »
    Highbury. Great news pal.

Many thanks mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Well done guys and girls. If you haven't already started get training for that PCA!!!! It will come a lot quicker than you think plus if you get it on your first attempt it's less waiting for you lol!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Just read the posts about progression letters, well done everyone who got on. What's the lowest AC score we know of who got one?

DaveNi wrote: »
    Just read the posts about progression letters, well done everyone who got on. What's the lowest AC score we know of who got one?

I'm guessing 67 unless the number cruncher Highbury comes back with a different one, which knowing his track record will be right lol :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

I got a progression letter today too! So chuffed that I've actually heard something back from them after not hearing anything since January! Well done to everyone else whose got one today also and hang on guys who haven't just yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Mop a top wrote: »
    I'm guessing 67 unless the number cruncher Highbury comes back with a different one, which knowing his track record will be right lol :P

I know of someone who had 66 at their AC and got a progression letter today.

There you go Dave, I wasn't far off lol.

Anyone who got the "not progressing at this time letter fancying Putting in a FOI request and see how many have scored 67-70 in AC and that will give you an idea of how many are in front with vetting papers. Still hasn't changed my opinion on C2 though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Genuinely really pleased for all those who got progression letters today! Think this is teaching me a great lot about patience and perseverance! (And the importance of c3!)

Patience isn't the ability to wait, it's the good attitude you have while you wait ;)

It will happen Bustermoon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Thought this might be of interest.
    Recruitment question on page 8.

http://www.nipolicingboard.org.uk/written_response_to_questions_for_1_october_2015_meeting.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Homer01 wrote: »
    Thought this might be of interest.
    Recruitment question on page 8.

http://www.nipolicingboard.org.uk/written_response_to_questions_for_1_october_2015_meeting.pdf

Now it's 51 per squad until March instead of May?

Yip. Love how they added in IF finances allow to on going to march 2016 as well. That's probably why a lot of us didn't get vetting forms like highbury thought. They didn't need to go down the merit list as far as that's 100 less than they'd have needed if they went to May 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

any number crunchers out there like to hazard a guess as to how many people are left in campaign 2 below the score of the 66+ that received progression letters? so in simpler terms how many folks have between 60 and 66?

Send them a FOI request lol

Or ask Highbury. I'm nominating him chief number cruncher!!! All in favour.....

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

coolhand50 wrote: »
    any number crunchers out there like to hazard a guess as to how many people are left in campaign 2 below the score of the 66+ that received progression letters? so in simpler terms how many folks have between 60 and 66?

If anyone can, HighburyLad can!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 coolhand50

just reapplied. breaks my wee heart to go through this all again but has to be done!
    and my FOI is to highburylad hahaha

Lol, I wish I had all the answers for everyone for sure, would make all our lives a lot easier on here. Seems to be around 5 batches processed now, I would dare say that means 400-500 people have been or are being processed. That number would be people whom have been contacted, that's not gonna say all that amount have even shown up at the remaining stages, but as far as I know there is around 80 odd in the first two squads from our campaign in garnerville. Again I'm just estimating from on here and what we know, 51 a squad seems to be what their aiming for and the first squad from our campaign I think only had 30 odd.

I think the fifth batch was delayed because they possibly have enough people potentially to go into garnerville up until say January made up of people being processed and those who have pca resits, so example January intake could be only made up of pca resits. Hope that makes sense so by Jan you could have around 200 odd going through garnerville, again just an estimate.

I hope that makes sense and again its just an estimate and a bit of potential forecasting, I did this sorta thing at uni with analytical theory etc and the only time I've used it is for here haha. So it has come in handy also sometimes it's just having a pragmatic mind set of, they are losing a lot more than I think they themselves have anticipated and 51 in a squad every 5 weeks proves that to me, essentially bunging as many people through.

Also remember we're a cheaper recruit lol, it's true though for every 4 recruits on the last wage you get an extra 1 now, and with those retiring on the guts of 40k you get 2 recruits for 1 vet. To get a definitive answer in terms of numbers etc though it would be best for an FOI I'm only voicing what I think, and what I think is very little to nothing compared to hard facts lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Joe789

I seen today that they had 34 recruits pass out. Obviously last campaign. If they are going live in to training with a potential 51 and only having an actual 40 surely thats good news for all people being processed. On average theyll take an extra squad of 51 for every 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Joe789 wrote: »
    I seen today that they had 34 recruits pass out. Obviously last campaign. If they are going live in to training with a potential 51 and only having an actual 40 surely thats good news for all people being processed. On average theyll take an extra squad of 51 for every 5.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for squads of 50+ every 5 weeks. The last 5 squads from the 1st campaign varied greatly in size. From 19 through to 50 odd. The larger squads are very hard to deal with when it comes to practicals as there are so many people to get through. I know they are trying to squeeze as many in as they can and I hope they do, but i wouldn't be surprised if the squads reside around the 40 mark after the next few intakes.

On the positive side, they are expecting new squads every 5 weeks until May last i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Anyone any idea when vetting forms will be sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Ghost15 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when vetting forms will be sent out?

Well it's not today because our post has arrived and there's nothing lol. :(

Our letters must have been sent out last Monday judging from the date of the letter and we received them on Wednesday so maybe they've sent us out stuff yesterday and well receive them tomorrow? Maybe.....:)?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Fingers crossed! Trying not to get my hopes up but it's all I've thought about since last week after receiving that letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Callzo

Hi everyone,

I received a letter last week about progressing. Received 66.5% mark. Does anyone know are we just waiting on another letter with vetting forms etc?

Are you allowed to apply for the new recruitment process as well?

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 43 j3llybean

Callzo wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I received a letter last week about progressing. Received *** mark. Does anyone know are we just waiting on another letter with vetting forms etc?

Are you allowed to apply for the new recruitment process as well?

Thanks for your help

You may apply for the new campaign whilst progressing in the current one yes.

Anyone receive credentials for online learning?

fish2690 wrote: »
    Anyone receive credentials for online learning?

Was literally gonna say the same thing haha, classis? I'm assuming this is it?

Was literally gonna say the same thing haha, classis? I'm assuming this is it?

Yes, I think that's it! Getting real now!

• Advertisement

fish2690 wrote: »
    Yes, I think that's it! Getting real now!

Jesus it ain't half lol

Advertisement