Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Callzo

Only had a look on my phone but looks like a good bit of work. Doesn't give a time scale or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Yeah it doesn't seem to be live as of yet, it does look pretty comprehensive. Got myself a new jotter pad with a brand spanking new bic, I'm gonna be noting it up like there was no tomorrow haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Callzo wrote: »
    Only had a look on my phone but looks like a good bit of work. Doesn't give a time scale or anything.

Hey guys, when you log in there will be more details. But time scale is about a month. Read your email thoroughly too, the info should all be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'd recommend printing it off. I did for C1 and needed almost 2 LEVER ARCH folders. It an awful lot to be jotting down Highbury!!! Plus once the online closes you'll have that copy to go through while you wait for the call. Especially since there's new material you have to learn before starting hotel GV. It would give you a little less to do while trying to sort everything else out.

Mop a top wrote: »
    I'd recommend printing it off. I did for C1 and needed almost 2 LEVER ARCH folders. It an awful lot to be jotting down Highbury!!! Plus once the online closes you'll have that copy to go through while you wait for the call. Especially since there's new material you have to learn before starting hotel GV. It would give you a little less to do while trying to sort everything else out.

Damn! Yeah think I'll take on your advice Mop, I didn't realise it was as much as that.

• Advertisement

There was one section that wouldn't print. Think it was the data protection, you'll get to use that jotter after all ;)

Mop a top wrote: »
    There was one section that wouldn't print. Think it was the data protection, you'll get to use that jotter after all ;)

Haha, yessss!!!! Any advice is much appreciated though Mop, i'll take all I can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

Hey i just joined the forum today and was part of the 1405 group. Didnt even realise there was a forum about this stuff so its good to read over the previous comments etc.

Im just awaiting the call now. Did everyone else get in that is posting in this thread? I seem to have been forgotten about if that is the case lol

Hey i just joined the forum today and was part of the 1405 group. Didnt even realise there was a forum about this stuff so its good to read over the previous comments etc.

Im just awaiting the call now. Did everyone else get in that is posting in this thread? I seem to have been forgotten about if that is the case lol

No no mate, some of us on here including myself only recently got letters saying we are being processed through the remaining stages, we only got access to our online learning today. So your still good, I'd dare say you will be getting a call sometime very soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Yeah it doesn't seem to be live as of yet, it does look pretty comprehensive. Got myself a new jotter pad with a brand spanking new bic, I'm gonna be noting it up like there was no tomorrow haha.

Printing is definately an option, however as Mop says it's an awful lot of paper, what I did was print each page to POF, so I have it all saved on my PC, happy reading :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

Definitely make a point of learning your online material as this is tested once you are in GV, I would print if I were you but be selective. A lot of the material will have summarys and the knowledge quizzes will help

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Ruffle wrote: »
    Definitely make a point of learning your online material as this is tested once you are in GV, I would print if I were you but be selective. A lot of the material will have summarys and the knowledge quizzes will help

Does it take long to do? Like did you have a strategy for it? An hour a night for a couple of weeks or what? Can't wait to actually learn something that Will be interesting haha

I only printed it off so I could read through it while waiting on kids and I'm not the best at sitting in front of a screen for hours. I'm better at learning if it's in paper and I can read through it and highlight it as I go. Personal preference I guess. It didn't take too long but just be careful that all sections are ticked off. I thought it was completed but when I went in to check it, it hasn't pulled a score from one test across so I had to close it all down and go back on a do it again which fixed the problem. Good luck guys. You'll want the job more when you see it and one of my friends is in a picture!!! Was so surprised to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

QueenP wrote: »
    Does it take long to do? Like did you have a strategy for it? An hour a night for a couple of weeks or what? Can't wait to actually learn something that Will be interesting haha

It doesn't take too long to do, I just did what I could whenever I could. It's just important to remember that you are doing this now and it could be a while before you get a start date and you need to know this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Ruffle wrote: »
    It doesn't take too long to do, I just did what I could whenever I could. It's just important to remember that you are doing this now and it could be a while before you get a start date and you need to know this stuff

Yea we haven't even got vetting or PCA stuff yet so we could be in for a long wait lol last time I didn't even get a sniff at the online learning so this is exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 elliotness

Maybe ive missed a bit somewhere but are people getting non progression letters? are these the guys who still have the pca and medical to do??

also when are the next batch of calls due my phones in for fixing, gotta get a brock to stick the sim card into lol

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

elliotness wrote: »
    Maybe ive missed a bit somewhere but are people getting non progression letters? are these the guys who still have the pca and medical to do??

also when are the next batch of calls due my phones in for fixing, gotta get a brock to stick the sim card into lol

Mornin Elliott

The non-progression letters were sent to people who were (roughly) 60-66 who have yet to start the next phase (vetting, online learning etc). I say yet cos there's still a possibility they could get moved on.

Following the 5 week rule calls should hopefully be happening next week mate!

Took the plunge to ring 101 and ask about vetting and was told it's still ongoing.

Anyone know how long it takes ? Feel helpless

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭captain truth

It varies I'm afraid. For example, mine took less than 6 weeks, whereas some seem to take up to 6 months. When did you send it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Yea as Truth says it varies for everyone mate. Mine took nearly 6 months before it was cleared. Everyone is different. Just hang in there and it'll all come good.

I did my PCA/medical back in May and patience is not my strong suit by any stretch lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

Think it varies bud! Mine took about three months or just shortly over that!

Never fear! It will pass! You just need a whole lot of patience when you're sitting in the waiting room :-)

Think I sent it in July from what I can remember. Was hoping it was all done for this round of calls next week but guy was I will miss that run.

Thanks for the replies and boost of confidence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Did anyone receive a letter or anything today? Or anything about the online learning?

Ghost15 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive a letter or anything today? Or anything about the online learning?

Nothing about online learning mate, but got vetting forms in the mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Nothing about online learning mate, but got vetting forms in the mail!

Received the forms today myself! Everything seems to be so quick after waiting so long!

Ghost15 wrote: »
    Received the forms today myself! Everything seems to be so quick after waiting so long!

I was saying the same thing to my parents lol, nothing from January then boom everything at once haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

I was saying the same thing to my parents lol, nothing from January then boom everything at once haha.

Online learning arrived once vetting forms posted back from what I remember, might feel it's going quick lol! Then it slooooowwwwwwsssssss up an your in the waiting room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Callzo

I don't know where to begin on the vetting forms. Going to start them Saturday morning. Do we just fill out all of the SC/CTC or only the declaration pages?

The forms are a lot more comprehensive than the MET.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Is the online learning now open?

• Advertisement

fish2690 wrote: »
    Is the online learning now open?

I was gonna say the same thing? I got an email but dunno what to make of it.

Advertisement