Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

I was gonna say the same thing? I got an email but dunno what to make of it.

I've just logged in and it seems to be opened. The course title is there and you can get into the different modules. Gona be a busy couple of weeks studying!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Callzo

Do we need to learn all the stuff on alcohol and substance misuse or is it just so we are aware of it.
    Not the clearest. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

There is a lot isn't there, kinda mental haha, I'm just gonna go through it all thoroughly and learn it off, I enjoy reading this stuff in my free time anyway anything involving police I love reading about lol, so this is a win win, pretty excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Currently out in the streets for last 3hrs thanks to area being evacuated due to bomb alerts at events holding PSNI recruitment events.

A firm reminder of what we all face by applying!

Currently out in the streets for last 3hrs thanks to area being evacuated due to bomb alerts at events holding PSNI recruitment events.

A firm reminder of what we all face by applying!

Damn, not good mate, It's mental that it's happened all throughout the province, at each venue!

• Advertisement

Hi Folks, has anybody who got online learning there had a chance to look at it since it went live today? All I can say is Flip me! there is a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Hi Folks, has anybody who got online learning there had a chance to look at it since it went live today? All I can say is Flip me! there is a lot!

The timing schedule in the instructions says 20hours worth...haven't actually started anything yet though. Seems like interesting stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Where does it say the date it needs to be completed by or am I being mental??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

WannabePC wrote: »
    Where does it say the date it needs to be completed by or am I being mental??

I haven't logged in yet because I've been on 12 hour shifts since I've got it and the vetting so I'd like to know the same thing :-/ Is there a time limit that means you can only see it for 20 hours or is that just a recommended time but we can take as long as we want within a set amount of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Sheepsy wrote: »
    I haven't logged in yet because I've been on 12 hour shifts since I've got it and the vetting so I'd like to know the same thing :-/ Is there a time limit that means you can only see it for 20 hours or is that just a recommended time but we can take as long as we want within a set amount of days?

It's open for 4 weeks should have given details on logon email to you all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Oh sorry I didn't mean to panic you. Lol no that's just the time they've said it should roughly take to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Just work through it, an hour or 2 after work each evening will be more than enough, while there is a lot of information it is for the most part pretty straightforward note down revision points to make it more digestible, Key words that sort of thing.

Also would do no harm to use the print function and save as PDF files I currently have a while folder dedicated to this info and dip in every so often to remind me what I had been reading

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

If you think it's bad now then wait until you're in GV. It's a whole lot harder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jordan1010

Hi guys at the same stage as yous just got my online learning and vetting forms. I completely my forms and bined the instructions thinking I was finished but realised I'm meant to send passport photos as well is that right? Can anyone clarify what else needs to be included with the 3 questionnaires?

From what I remember you need to include copies of any supporting documents and a passport photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jordan1010

IvanT1984 wrote: »
    From what I remember you need to include copies of any supporting documents and a passport photo

What would supporting documents be? Do you remember if the photo needs signed?

Jordan1010 wrote: »
    What would supporting documents be? Do you remember if the photo needs signed?

No supporting documents, one passport photo with vetting forms completed

My supporting documents were for my dads nationality as he was born in the ROI and divorce papers to prove no contact with 1 parent since 2002 as I had no current contact details

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

So calls have went out for another Intake, what number is that now , 4?

Anyone any idea about AC scores for that intake or is it all over the place with PCA resist etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

DaveNi wrote:
    So calls have went out for another Intake, what number is that now , 4?

Have calls gone out today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mallbo26

StingrayGC wrote: »
    Have calls gone out today?

Yes stingray, some calls went out Friday and some more today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Does anyone else that's doing the online learning at the minute have the definition of courtesy going round in your head over and over again or is it just me? Putting my head away haha

• Registered Users Posts: 29 blui2

Deemed medically fit for 14050 campaign! 😀
    Just waiting on vetting coming back. Has been 7 weeks now and starting to worry as I have a few financial issues (not bankruptcy) that make my financial checks a bit iffy! Hopefully can progress to the Waiting Room soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

blui2 wrote: »
    Deemed medically fit for 14050 campaign! 😀
    Just waiting on vetting coming back. Has been 7 weeks now and starting to worry as I have a few financial issues (not bankruptcy) that make my financial checks a bit iffy! Hopefully can progress to the Waiting Room soon.

Hopefully it's not too long for you !

Mine took roughly 3-4 months to go through so keep your chin up, you'll get the call

Just thought I would post results from my FOI.

The scores who received progression letters recently are scored between 65.25 and 68.

There are 596 candidates with a score of 65 and greater, although this includes those already in GV.

As of 16th October 137 have been appointed and a further 153 have been granted funding. .

Also asked when merit list closed and as expected the polite answer of 'not telling you'
    This may not be useful to any of us, but thought it was good for everyone to know exact numbers.

So January, February and March intakes of 51 each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭hellomoto1234

*nerves kick in again*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Breaking bad

Good luck everyone ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

DaveNi wrote: »
    Just thought I would post results from my FOI.

The scores who received progression letters recently are scored between 65.25 and 68.

There are 596 candidates with a score of 65 and greater, although this includes those already in GV.

As of 16th October 137 have been appointed and a further 153 have been granted funding. .

Also asked when merit list closed and as expected the polite answer of 'not telling you'
    This may not be useful to any of us, but thought it was good for everyone to know exact numbers.

Im assuming that the 596 also includes those who've failed stages after the AC. Still an awful lot of folk for the spaces available :-/ or am I thinking wrong. Well at least anyone on here who scored less than 65.25 can definitely scrap C2 and concentrate on C3. Thanks Dave, good work :)

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    Im assuming that the 596 also includes those who've failed stages after the AC. Still an awful lot of folk for the spaces available :-/ or am I thinking wrong. Well at least anyone on here who scored less than 65.25 can definitely scrap C2 and concentrate on C3. Thanks Dave, good work :)

Yes that includes those who have failed AC.

Wish I had have asked more questions, but don't think I could wait another 30 days !!!

Advertisement