Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say "Haha Highbury told you I was right!!" :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

Are we potentially saying that about 300 people won't be offered a place even if they pass vetting, PCA & medical? Or am I reading this incorrectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Ghost15 wrote: »
    Are we potentially saying that about 300 people won't be offered a place even if they pass vetting, PCA & medical? Or am I reading this incorrectly?

I'm just of the opinion they wouldn't of sent so many of the progression letters out if they're going to fund 300 candidates that won't be appointed because even after drop out numbers etc that number is too much of a financial waste. I'm taking that number as including those who have already been through GV etc. Hope so anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Is that confirmed that any score less that 65 can definitely forget about c2?

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Is that confirmed that any score less that 65 can definitely forget about c2?

Not been officially confirmed but a FOI request was put in (hope i read this right) asking for the lowest AC scores to be progressed to Vetting and the number of those candidates was quite substantial. My understanding of it is they'll have more than enough for C2' and I'm expecting another Dear John letter lol. I could be totally wrong but that's just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Mop a top wrote: »
    Not been officially confirmed but a FOI request was put in (hope i read this right) asking for the lowest AC scores to be progressed to Vetting and the number of those candidates was quite substantial. My understanding of it is they'll have more than enough for C2' and I'm expecting another Dear John letter lol. I could be totally wrong but that's just my opinion.

The lowest score to be invited to the next stages is 65.25. There are 596 people on a score of 65.25 and greater. This number already includes those who are in GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Hi guys wondering if any of you can share any info on this from experience. Anyone had their mobile number change during the process and who did you contact, just recruitment in general or would that also fall under a change for vetting?
    Im currently between PCA and medical.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Razer33 wrote: »
    Hi guys wondering if any of you can share any info on this from experience. Anyone had their mobile number change during the process and who did you contact, just recruitment in general or would that also fall under a change for vetting?
    Im currently between PCA and medical.

Thanks

Razer I've sent you a private message with what you need to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Alright folks, can I ask anybody who just did their online learning did they receive their email saying they passed? Got one earlier saying so myself I know there was a bit of confusion on it, so hopefully everybody got it sorted all I can say is I loved it lol, really enjoyed it, bring it on I say lol.

Queen P think your inbox is full by the way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Alright folks, can I ask anybody who just did their online learning did they receive their email saying they passed? Got one earlier saying so myself I know there was a bit of confusion on it, so hopefully everybody got it sorted all I can say is I loved it lol, really enjoyed it, bring it on I say lol.

Yes, I got mine today mate! Another stage down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

fish2690 wrote: »
    Yes, I got mine today mate! Another stage down.

Awesome mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Well, I suppose I will expect a dear John letter I suppose. The hope was sort of still there, but I actually don't mind now. I have succesfully passed the application and training stages of another branch of the emergency services elsewhere, I'll leave it at that, and it only took a third of the time I have been waiting on the 1405 campaign. I feel sad at giving up on the police as a career, I might keep it as a thought, but I am going on a new adventure and feel there are more opportunities, maybe not just the UK, to progress.

Good luck guys and gals. I'll drop in from time to time to see how you are all going with your applications. The Green Uniform might hopefully attract me some day again.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Empty now :)

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Well, I suppose I will expect a dear John letter I suppose. The hope was sort of still there, but I actually don't mind now. I have succesfully passed the application and training stages of another branch of the emergency services elsewhere, I'll leave it at that, and it only took a third of the time I have been waiting on the 1405 campaign. I feel sad at giving up on the police as a career, I might keep it as a thought, but I am going on a new adventure and feel there are more opportunities, maybe not just the UK, to progress.

Good luck guys and gals. I'll drop in from time to time to see how you are all going with your applications. The Green Uniform might hopefully attract me some day again.

It's not over until the fat lady sings but that's just my opinion, I may well be wrong, shocking I know but it can happen lol :P its a long old disheartening process at times, but it will be worth it in the end. I know you've got something else lines up but why don't you keep going with C3, you never know!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

It's not over until the fat lady sings but that's just my opinion, I may well be wrong, shocking I know but it can happen lol :P its a long old disheartening process at times, but it will be worth it in the end. I know you've got something else lines up but why don't you keep going with C3, you never know!!!

I will keep my options open if I can. It is still a job I would love to do, but I'm glad I had decided to look elsewhere too, the process is far too long I think, though it does give me time to try and organise the time off for the stages.

So calls have went out a week early this time around....

Congratulations to those who have got a place.

Have basically resigned to the fact that campaign 2 isn't going to happen for anyone who didn't get a progess letter,

Would love for the CC to have another Twitter session so that we can get some answers that we got last year.

IST has been completed for the 3rd year now... Feeling pretty confident about it and now time to dust up on the AC practice to ensure I am top of that pile in 2016....

No doubt I will be speaking to a lot of you on a 15090 forum soon....

DaveNi wrote: »
    So calls have went out a week early this time around....

Congratulations to those who have got a place.

Have basically resigned to the fact that campaign 2 isn't going to happen for anyone who didn't get a progess letter,

Would love for the CC to have another Twitter session so that we can get some answers that we got last year.

IST has been completed for the 3rd year now... Feeling pretty confident about it and now time to dust up on the AC practice to ensure I am top of that pile in 2016....

No doubt I will be speaking to a lot of you on a 15090 forum soon....

In the same boat, bit scunnering, surely we shouldn't give up until we are told?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

The PSNI is to receive an additional £160 million over the next 5 years after the agreement made at Stormont today. Hopefully a good chunk of that is used for recruitment!

WannabePC wrote: »
    The PSNI is to receive an additional £160 million over the next 5 years after the agreement made at Stormont today. Hopefully a good chunk of that is used for recruitment!

About bloody time!! The idiots on the hill have finally got their fingers out of their backsides and have put their differences aside to sort out our country!! A glimmer of hope for as us hopefuls :)

Would this make any difference to this campaign or just the newest one

• Advertisement

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Would this make any difference to this campaign or just the newest one

Could mean more funds could be released for the delay batch that got "the not right now" letter in September...suppose it depends how soon they get the money through. There was meant to be a squad every month until May '16.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BILLYSAUCE

Is there many people on here with a score of 65 and below still optimistic on getting through???? Just me?

BILLYSAUCE wrote: »
    Is there many people on here with a score of 65 and below still optimistic on getting through???? Just me?

Right here mate, no point in giving up!

BILLYSAUCE wrote: »

I'm in the same boat as you and personally I think with the recruitment budget they have for THIS 1405 campaign (C2) , the announments of taking squads up to May(I think) 2016 from C2, the FOI request saying there were some 500 potential recruits above the 65 AC mark and the 12 week resit of the PCA we're being extremely optimistic that we still have a chance.

Only my personal opinion but I've let it go and focused on C3, the numbers aren't getting cut as much as they had been in C1 with the change to the PCA, the scores for C2's AC were much higher too so they won't make it as far down the merit list. Its all down to numbers and how you interpret them I guess. I'm just airing on pessimistic side so I'm not disappointed, its up to you how you feel about it though

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BILLYSAUCE

Fair enough. Just seems pointless and a waste of money not to exhaust the current merit list. But nothing ever surprises me in this wee country of ours. I re-applied for C3 and had my IST today....but to be honest after coming so far on C2 I couldn't be bothered going through the whole process again. I'll take my chances and if its meant to be, I should hear word within the next few mths...at least a Dear John letter would be nice lol Good luck to those of you re-applying

No point throwing the towel in on C3 especially since you've done the IST!! It's only how I see figures stacking up but I could be wrong and that's just my opinion, it's not gospel!

They didn't exhaust C1 merit list, I was waiting on a call and got a dear john after all the hoops I jumped through. I honestly don't understand why they don't exhaust one list before starting on another, who knows, there's been some similarities and some differences to the 2 campaigns so they might yet prove me wrong.

I wouldn't go throwing the towel in yet, especially on C3

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Anyone else in the "not right now" group from c2 get a very encouraging letter in the post this morning - being progressed through?!

Post doesn't arrive until the afternoon.....

Fingers crossed!!!!

Got the letter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

Around what AC score...

Advertisement