Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Psni26 wrote: »
    Around what AC score...

63-65

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

DaveNi wrote: »
    Got the letter!

Great news! Hopefully see you at a pca soon!

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Great news! Hopefully see you at a pca soon!

Hope so...

Does anyone know the actual closing date of this campaign ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Got the letter! Moral is never give up folks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Ffs I'm away today. Not home until tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Fingers crossed for you Mop!!! Like theyve never been before!!!!!!

Congratulations to rest of youse getting progression letters :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I never doubted for a minute more will be progressed :) haha really happy folks, Dave congrats bud, and Mop ;) hopefully you have a nice letter waiting there too :) buster congrats too, everybody who gets one congrats also, don't wanna miss out anyone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I'm low low 60's probably have to wait abit longer! But great news for yous all! :)

Fingers crossed mop! You deserve it more than anyone! Does anyone know roughly how long it'll take to get a letter about pca or online learning or vetting? Should I be expecting to hear before christmas or is that very optimistic?!

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Fingers crossed mop! You deserve it more than anyone! Does anyone know roughly how long it'll take to get a letter about pca or online learning or vetting? Should I be expecting to hear before christmas or is that very optimistic?!

I would imagine sometime next week you'll receive everything else mate, online learning etc and vetting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

DaveNi wrote:
    Does anyone know the actual closing date of this campaign ?

As far as I know the last intake for this campaign is May 2016.

StingrayGC wrote: »
    As far as I know the last intake for this campaign is May 2016.

Happy days...

What was the latest AC score who got the call on Monday?

DaveNi wrote: »
    Happy days...

What was the latest AC score who got the call on Monday?

I could be wrong mate, but I heard 68.5

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

I could be wrong mate, but I heard 68.5

I'd second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Aww shucks folks, you're making me well up here lol. Totally overwhelmed with my princess' success today I totally forgot. Just rang mum and she said the progression letter is there!!!! Right PCA, let's be having to I kick ass again :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Great news for everyone then folks! A new batch of guys getting progression letters and the likelihood of a good lot more people on the list getting in!

Thanks Highbury!! Hope everything is progressing well for you! All of a sudden everything just got very real!
    I would imagine sometime next week you'll receive everything else mate, online learning etc and vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Great news guys, keep the training up and get through your PCA, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Mop a top wrote:
    Aww shucks folks, you're making me well up here lol. Totally overwhelmed with my princess' success today I totally forgot. Just rang mum and she said the progression letter is there!!!! Right PCA, let's be having to I kick ass again

Delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bigfish22

Hello everyone

Been watching this forum for the past year or more and thought I may aswell signup and say hi.

Congrats on the latest guys getting progression letters. ðŸ‘

Anybody with a score of 61-63 get a letter?

Patience is a virtue 👀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Newbie1100

Hi All,

First time poster also and looking for some advice. I have just received my progression letter and was looking for some feedback on timescales. My issue is that I need laser eye to be able to pass the medical, I have been for the consultation and it's just a matter of me picking a date.

I am quietly confident in relation to the PCA, but how soon after that is the medical typically? I have been advised I should be able to see and back on my feet in around 4-5 days. Would I have time to get it done between the PCA and the medical or should I go get it done ASAP?

Also how long should I be waiting for a PCA date roughly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭IvanT1984

Newbie1100 wrote: »
    Hi All,

First time poster also and looking for some advice. I have just received my progression letter and was looking for some feedback on timescales. My issue is that I need laser eye to be able to pass the medical, I have been for the consultation and it's just a matter of me picking a date.

I am quietly confident in relation to the PCA, but how soon after that is the medical typically? I have been advised I should be able to see and back on my feet in around 4-5 days. Would I have time to get it done between the PCA and the medical or should I go get it done ASAP?

not at home at the minute to check my paperwork but if I remember correctly it was 2-3 weeks between pca and medical

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Hi All,

Provisionally book the laser eye as close to the PCA as possible. You can then get it done after PCA and medical a few weeks after, plenty of time to let the eyes heal.

There is a guy in our squad who had laser eye before joining and he passed the medical about two weeks after getting it, I think the healing process is pretty quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Newbie1100

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Provisionally book the laser eye as close to the PCA as possible. You can then get it done after PCA and medical a few weeks after, plenty of time to let the eyes heal.

There is a guy in our squad who had laser eye before joining and he passed the medical about two weeks after getting it, I think the healing process is pretty quick.

Many thanks for this Kevbo, I had thought that would be my best option.im getting the surgery regardless so it's just deciding on dates. Any idea how soon after the progression letter that the PCA is? Wondering will it be this side of Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 statusz

Many thanks for this Kevbo, I had thought that would be my best option.im getting the surgery regardless so it's just deciding on dates. Any idea how soon after the progression letter that the PCA is? Wondering will it be this side of Xmas?

You will be looking at a PCA date around mid January and your medical will be from 2 weeks to 4 weeks after that. Everything is based on your AC score so if your at the lower end of the range on your PCA date then you will be a longer wait to the medical because higher scores come first AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/put-psnis-160m-boost-more-10465253

Don't know if any of yous have seen this but more bobbies on the beat? Sounds promising to me :) maybe that's why the letters have went out :)

QueenP wrote: »
    http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/put-psnis-160m-boost-more-10465253

Don't know if any of yous have seen this but more bobbies on the beat? Sounds promising to me :) maybe that's why the letters have went out :)

Yeah they have been saying now that they need 700-800 new pc, just hopefully a lot of the £160m goes to recruitment.

I am hoping that with receiving the progression letter on Saturday that things start happening pretty quickly. Will be more than happy to be sitting in the waiting pile by the end of January.

I'm hoping they exhaust all of 1405 there is no real reason not to! This whole process makes no sense at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Psni26 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they exhaust all of 1405 there is no real reason not to! This whole process makes no sense at all.

It would be great if they did exhaust the merit list completely but I would say that would probably be unlikely.

There were 908 people on the list who successfully passed the AC in C2 and even after people pulling out etc and that the likelihood of failing the PCA has dramatically decreased with the removal of the push-pull, I would say a lot of folk won't get in from this campaign. I hate to be negative, this of course is just pure speculation and I hope I'm wrong but I would say they would probably only go down so far and use the higher scores from the next list being compiled over the next few months so a few hundred will likely miss out.

The C1 list had around 450 people passing all the stages and around 40 missed out (There's a FOI with exact numbers somewhere) The C2 is nearly double the size this year before going to the last stages but the rate of attrition will be significantly less.

In previous years with the Consensia Patnership running things and with the 50/50 still in place if you passed everything there was still a very good chance you would not get in at the end of it all so for a lot of people to be actually getting taken on with a low score in the 60's and barely passing the AC is now a wonderful thing! Previously the old style AC was marked out of 70 and you realistically needed to be in the 60's to have half a chance of getting into GV, especially for protestants. I had a high 50's score about 5 years ago and didn't make the cut past the AC and got a nice little Dear John.

Anywhoo, once again I hate to be negative and I hope I'm wrong for all our sakes!

• Advertisement

No I do think your right unfortunately! But sure we can all hope!

Advertisement