Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol guess what Dave will be asking!!!! Tempted to ask him if the merit lists will be exhausted and why wasn't C1's :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crash1984

Help! I have been following this thread but never posted. I am just finishing my vetting forms but I got a fixed penalty notice 10 years ago when I lived in Scotland. Apparently it takes 40 days to get a Subject Access Request. I sent this away a week ago, still no reply. How much detail do they need? I'm running out of time and want to post the forms tomorrow. Any help would be much appreciated!

First things first, welcome to the boardie family!!! Secondly, settle!!!!!!! I had an issue in C1 with vetting and I emailed them later when I had all the details and still passed so if you don't have all the info now I wouldn't worry.

I'd say fill in as much detail as you possibly can and then go to the continuation pages and just say what you've sent off for, the time frame theyve given you and say youll forward the information as soon as you have it. It will show you're not hiding anything if you don't include it, you're being as proactive as you can and you're sticking to your deadlines.

Now, breathe lol.

Thanks a million Mop a top. I have been stressing about it for a couple of days now, I'll just fill in what I can then. Want to get them posted off so that's another thing done and dusted. Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly. Now just to knuckle down to the online learning and wait for the fitness and medical dates!

No problem, that's what we're all here for, next time no stressing just post the question!! Is this your first campaign?

• Advertisement

Yeh it is my 1st, had pretty much given up hope, so it's great to have made some progress. Still a way to go though, still may come to nothing.

Can not stress enough the importance of anaerobic exercise!!!!! High intensity training over short burst.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

So Chief Constable has said there are to be 252 recruits from this campaign - surely we are extremely close to that number which if that is true, frustrates me as to why they are progressing more of us?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Bustermoon wrote: »
    So Chief Constable has said there are to be 252 recruits from this campaign - surely we are extremely close to that number which if that is true, frustrates me as to why they are progressing more of us?!

Just seen that, I dunno what to think of that, as of December 2015 it says in the strength of stats that currently there is 187 student officers in Garnerville, with the guys that got the call 3 weeks ago starting in Jan if that's a squad of 51 say then that would leave 14 spaces left??? :/ and they've just progressed us who are doing our medicals in couple of weeks and another batch being progressed now through online learning. Knock wood but I assume they are planning more than what he has said, maybe he was just quoting a figure??

See this recruitment process, it's gonna finish me off lol, the emotional rollercoaster it drags you through is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Well... that's all the motivation for tonight's online learning session gone

• Advertisement

I can't see that being the final figure dude, why would they put as all through the final stages? The most expensive stages too! I truly truly hope not! To be this close!

I can't see that being the final figure dude, why would they put as all through the final stages? The most expensive stages too! I truly truly hope not! To be this close!

I think the final figure wil be more than that (hoping more like!) I knew you would be the man for stats and they just don't add up in any shape or form. I would anticipate this additional funding announced a few weeks ago will bump up the numbers to well over 252 and we'll all be laughing about it on the other side of GV!

I hope so lads

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Well here's a spanner in the works...

My FOI states from 15th October that there is 137 in GV or given a start date and funding granted for a further 153. Which brings the total to 280. ...

I think the final figure wil be more than that (hoping more like!) I knew you would be the man for stats and they just don't add up in any shape or form. I would anticipate this additional funding announced a few weeks ago will bump up the numbers to well over 252 and we'll all be laughing about it on the other side of GV!

I sincerely hope so dude, the original figure for this campaign was 378! The same as 1, I dunno if they will take on that amount I hope they do plus more, all we can do is just do what they put in front of us, and hope the hard work pays off. Their total number of full time officers is significantly lower now, more than I thought so numbers is still going down.

I sincerely hope so dude, the original figure for this campaign was 378! The same as 1, I dunno if they will take on that amount I hope they do plus more, all we can do is just do what they put in front of us, and hope the hard work pays off. Their total number of full time officers is significantly lower now, more than I thought so numbers is still going down.

Maybe there are still 252 to go in ... 50
    In jan and then 4 more squads of 50?

Flip me this is all over the show lol, I'm hoping he's just quoting a number lower to throw a curve ball lol. They seem to try and play down the numbers, I say this to reassure myself.

Flip me this is all over the show lol, I'm hoping he's just quoting a number lower to throw a curve ball lol. They seem to try and play down the numbers, I say this to reassure myself.

Think I'll keep focused on what I can do ie online learning and training for pca ... And studying for IST later this week, the joys! The boys at hq can work out the numbers!!

Think I'll keep focused on what I can do ie online learning and training for pca ... And studying for IST later this week, the joys! The boys at hq can work out the numbers!!

Amen brother lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5031

The CC is probably just quoting the 'official' recruitment number for this latest campaign. If he wanted to increase that with the additional funding there probably is a process that would have to be approved of which has not been completed yet.

• Advertisement

Totally baffled now?! So whats the point progressing the most recent group (myself included) through online and vetting if there wasnt spaces for us?? Doesn't make sense. Why not just progress Highburys lot through the medical if they're only taking Jan squad and another?

Did he mean another 252? Would they carry over the merit list? I hate this!!!!! Gggrrrrrrrr!!!! Never know whether I'm coming or going. Stuff that, I'm going to the biscuit tin instead of the workout lol, at this rate I'll get nowhere near a PCA again :-/

On a side note, anyone in my group, just got vetting and online recently, received a PCA date?

Nothing yet Mop :(

Sure by the sounds of the numbers well not need it anyway!!!! Mwhahahahaaaaa!!!!! Another biscuit anyone lmao!! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Did somebody say biscuits?

What do you think Shield? Has the CC got his numbers wrong or am I heading for a McDs now too lol

Mop a top wrote: »
    What do you think Shield? Has the CC got his numbers wrong or am I heading for a McDs now too lol

Make mine a large Big Mac meal and throw in a chocolate milkshake too at this rate!! (No pca date yet either!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

DaveNi is spot on. If funding has only been allocated for 3 more intakes of 51 (to make up the 280 number - allowing for no-shows, leavers, dismissals, etc.), then aside from January's intake, there are only 3 more to go. I think these will be drawn from both C1 and C2 merit pools. It just makes financial sense.

Bring me back a cheeseburger?
    Mop a top wrote: »
    What do you think Shield?

Cheeseburger it is then.

If they closed the merit list for C1 how can they take from it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Shield wrote: »
    DaveNi is spot on. If funding has only been allocated for 3 more intakes of 51 (to make up the 280 number - allowing for no-shows, leavers, dismissals, etc.), then aside from January's intake, there are only 3 more to go. I think these will be drawn from both C1 and C2 merit pools. It just makes financial sense.

Bring me back a cheeseburger?

I mean that funding has only been allocated for 280 from campaign 14050 altogether.... Not just from now on.

Surely they won't go back to campaign 13090 merit list?

Advertisement