Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

If my vetting clears soon then I could be part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

fish2690 wrote: »
    If my vetting clears soon then I could be part of it.

Things can move pretty quickly from PCA to medical to starting training, just that vetting, but fingers crossed for you and the rest pushing for March. Who knows how many more there will be before the plug is pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

So far the potentials are:
    Ghost
    Floral
    Sheepsy
    Life on Mars
    I am hopeful
    Fish

Roll on 5 weeks time is all I can say! We could all be in the same squad fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Ghost15 wrote: »
    So far the potentials are:
    Ghost
    Floral
    Sheepsy
    Life on Mars
    I am hopeful
    Fish

Roll on 5 weeks time is all I can say! We could all be in the same squad fingers crossed!

I must add, I am very hopeful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sheepsy

Things can move pretty quickly from PCA to medical to starting training, just that vetting, but fingers crossed for you and the rest pushing for March. Who knows how many more there will be before the plug is pulled.

There was a press release a few months back saying they would take squads from C2 up until May and then start taking from C3 from August or September. Everyone being currently processed has a good chance but as always there's no promise that goal posts won't get moved!

• Advertisement

I must add, I am very hopeful ;)

With a few pcas coming up and hopefully quick medicals March squad has potential to be full of boardies!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crash1984

How long did it take for them to reply regarding progress of the vetting? I'm not even sure I sent it to the right mailbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Usually under an hour anytime I had to contact them

crash1984 wrote: »
    How long did it take for them to reply regarding progress of the vetting? I'm not even sure I sent it to the right mailbox!

Just pm'd you there

Mop a top wrote: »
    Usually under an hour anytime I had to contact them
    Just found out I've cleared the vetting. Happy days!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Add your reply here.

Congratulations! Have you done everything and just waiting on the call?

Floral15 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

No got my PCA coming up very soon but no date for the medical as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Great news crash!!! Congratulations! Just being nosey, have you been vetted before for a previous campaign? Trying to work out why some clear quickly and others take forever!

Bustermoon wrote: »

Great news crash!!! Congratulations! Just being nosey, have you been vetted before for a previous campaign? Trying to work out why some clear quickly and others take forever!
    No never applied for any other campaign. I'm currently a civil servant so may have had basic checks done in the past but I'm not sure how detailed they would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Can't remember much from my PCA from campaign 1, but do we get a chance to have a trial lap before the assessment, as couldn't get down for familiarisation event.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mac91

You do get the opportunity to have a go around the course, but they did say they wouldn't let anyone complete a full circuit. You sort of get a mini familiarisation before your test so missing it wouldn't be a big deal.

Floral and everyone else waiting on vetting, don't panic, my details haven't changed since last time so I'm sure that's why mine was very quick. In C1 it took over 6 months to clear. I reckon there's a number of folk in C2 who've sent off vetting forms but didn't make it pass the PCA or medical last time so their vetting is unfortunately quicker than others. Chin up my lovely it will happen :)

PCA passed!!

Hopefully medical date early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

DaveNi wrote: »
    PCA passed!!

Good man! How did you find it?

PCA passed!!

congratulations man. as above how did you find it and would you be so kind as to shed any light on how the whole thing went?

how long you had to wait outside in the corridor, small familiarisation and someone on their first lap whilst you are on your last etc?

Also how tough was it not to get hit with penalties etc....

• Advertisement

Can't say too much about it as like every other part of the process,I did it last year so knew what to expect, but I found it ok, your body forgets how hard it is to breathe during the last lap.

Can't say too much about it as like every other part of the process,I did it last year so knew what to expect, but I found it ok, your body forgets how hard it is to breathe during the last lap.

Much training done in prep for it dave?

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Much training done in prep for it dave?

Yeah been training a good bit, if you don't train at all it could be a struggle .

Well done Dave :)

Mop a top wrote: »
    Well done Dave :)

Thank you! Just the medical to go :).

#brickingit :-/

Would any kind soul pm me the vetting email please :)

pca done at a solid consistent pace with no penalties. its doable :)

what are the chances (do people think on here better in the know than me) of getting into garneville should you pass the pca and medical at this stage? vetting and all cleared

what are the chances (do people think on here better in the know than me) of getting into garneville should you pass the pca and medical at this stage? vetting and all cleared

I think you've got a good chance tbh I'm hopeful for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

You should hopefully be in the next batch of calls! I've had everything passed before the last calls went out last week so I'm deff hoping I'll be in with a chance!

Advertisement