Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Nothing chum. I'm thinking if others got theirs end of last week then we should be end of this week...?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Let's hope so, but you would wonder at the weeks delay when the PCAs were only a day apart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Mum stopes into mine at lunch, no post either

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Squishe92

Hi all. Back again!

So I received some post last week to say my application was now progressing through the stages where they're running vetting/online learning/pca in parallel.

I then received my vetting forms. Today I've received my online learning things.

I've got a few questions:

1. I got a job in England in 2015, moved over here, but I still keep everything at my address in NI. I didn't change the address on my psni application, purely because I thought it was a goner after doing my assessment centre in 2014 and everything going silent. Last week, my mother opened the letters and was shocked to see what they entailed because she didn't know i had applied. My mum says she will forward these over to me here in England and I'll change the addresses over once i get them, but could someone tell me the contents of the vetting letter/forms and the letter that came a day or 2 prior to this stating that the application is now being processed, just in case anything had gone "walkies" from the envelopes from a concerning mother who's worried about her little boy... who's no longer a little boy ha.

2. I'm currently earning £26kpa. In 2017 this will increase to £32k, and 2019 an increase again to £39k. I've looked at the pay scales of new officers and I know I'll be taking a bit of a cut. Can someone shed any light on over time and how this reflects in the pay packet, if available at all? This would be really helpful.

3. What are the chances of promotion, up to possibly moving into the detective side of things one day?

Apologies if these have already been answered, but like I said, I've been out of touch with this for a little while.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

Squishe92 wrote: »
    Hi all. Back again!

So I received some post last week to say my application was now progressing through the stages where they're running vetting/online learning/pca in parallel.

I then received my vetting forms. Today I've received my online learning things.

1. I got a job in England in 2015, moved over here, but I still keep everything at my address in NI. I didn't change the address on my psni application, purely because I thought it was a goner after doing my assessment centre in 2014 and everything going silent. Last week, my mother opened the letters and was shocked to see what they entailed because she didn't know i had applied. My mum says she will forward these over to me here in England and I'll change the addresses over once i get them, but could someone tell me the contents of the vetting letter/forms and the letter that came a day or 2 prior to this stating that the application is now being processed, just in case anything had gone "walkies" from the envelopes from a concerning mother who's worried about her little boy... who's no longer a little boy ha.

2. I'm currently earning £26kpa. In 2017 this will increase to £32k, and 2019 an increase again to £39k. I've looked at the pay scales of new officers and I know I'll be taking a bit of a cut. Can someone shed any light on over time and how this reflects in the pay packet, if available at all? This would be really helpful.

3. What are the chances of promotion, up to possibly moving into the detective side of things one day?

Apologies if these have already been answered, but like I said, I've been out of touch with this for a little while.

Cheers!

No. 2 - plenty of overtime to be had, don't worry about that. It's generous too

No. 3 - plenty of scope to be promoted if you're keen and work hard enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Squishe92 wrote: »
    Hi all. Back again!

Cheers!

There's also a transitional allowance that gets pet on top of the salary which brings it up to close to £22,500 starting off in training. I took a pay cut of around £5000.

Overtime is dependable on where you're stationed. I have a family friend who's recently been moved stations due to the budget fun and he's went from very regular overtime to pretty much jack all. I'm not suggesting that money is the motivator for your application but I wouldn't count on anything more than your basic plus the allowance, but that's just me and my opinion.

Any one score over 65AC and NOT got a medical invite. Just testing a theory, no actual scores needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

WannabePC wrote: »
    There's also a transitional allowance that gets pet on top of the salary which brings it up to close to £22,500 starting off in training. I took a pay cut of around £5000.

What is this transitional allowance you speak of? Is it for anyone who gets into the psni and takes a pay cut or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

What is this transitional allowance you speak of? Is it for anyone who gets into the psni and takes a pay cut or something?

It's a payment which reflects the danger of the job, I believe it's around £3000, although not sure if it is paid in one payment or spread out throughout the year.

• Advertisement

DaveNi wrote: »
    It's a payment which reflects the danger of the job, I believe it's around £3000, although not sure if it is paid in one payment or spread out throughout the year.

LOL. the dangers associated with the job should be self evident within the name of the organisation itself. I'd rather that put more people off so I could get in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

LOL. the dangers associated with the job should be self evident within the name of the organisation itself. I'd rather that put more people off so I could get in :D

Haha very true. Although I believe across the water they receive payments such as 'firearm' constable allowance and different payments relating to on call etc. Whereas this payment is paid to all constables. Correct me if I am wrong anyone....

Any luck with the postman today folks?

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Any luck with the postman today folks?

nope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeOneJuliet

DaveNi wrote: »
    Haha very true. Although I believe across the water they receive payments such as 'firearm' constable allowance and different payments relating to on call etc. Whereas this payment is paid to all constables. Correct me if I am wrong anyone....

It's paid monthly and iirc is no taxable. But yes it's essentially danger money. British Army also get it if they are stationed here

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Just take the positive from the fact that it's easier to attend and pass the medical before the cut off date rather than the vetting process which can have no end!:confused:

Just take the positive from the fact that it's easier to attend and pass the medical before the cut off date rather than the vetting process which can have no end!:confused:

not at this rate its not. 2 weeks at end of this week and still no letter. I had hoped I'd have had a date and got through medical and all within 3 weeks of pca.

Makes you think there's little chance of making said cut off date. which is when? end March?

not at this rate its not. 2 weeks at end of this week and still no letter. I had hoped I'd have had a date and got through medical and all within 3 weeks of pca.

Makes you think there's little chance of making said cut off date. which is when? end March?
    I think I heard April but does that mean the end of April or the start? We are cutting it fine here

I think I heard April but does that mean the end of April or the start? We are cutting it fine here

we certainly are. I don't know if start or end of April but given you have absolutely zero certainty of getting called into garneville in the first bunch of calls that go out once you have everything passed. then it doesn't inspire much confidence in the way of your chances of getting a call if you are still waiting here with a medical or vetting still to pass.

I believe unless they extend it I may start concentrating on my assessment centre next month and just mentally ditch 1405....

we certainly are. I don't know if start or end of April but given you have absolutely zero certainty of getting called into garneville in the first bunch of calls that go out once you have everything passed. then it doesn't inspire much confidence in the way of your chances of getting a call if you are still waiting here with a medical or vetting still to pass.

I believe unless they extend it I may start concentrating on my assessment centre next month and just mentally ditch 1405....
    I'm thinking the same mate

• Advertisement

I'm thinking the same mate

its a bugger :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

It's for every officer in the PSNI including student officers and is paid monthly along with your salary. It's essentially danger money and the amount paid gets reviewed every 5 years or so.

WannabePC wrote: »
    It's for every officer in the PSNI including student officers and is paid monthly along with your salary. It's essentially danger money and the amount paid gets reviewed every 5 years or so.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Auvol

What about the people that only received vetting forms last week. Must indicate that 1405 is going to continue for a while yet?

Auvol wrote: »
    What about the people that only received vetting forms last week. Must indicate that 1405 is going to continue for a while yet?

You never know sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Sort of wondering, why send out vetting forms if they aren't even going to consider sending us further. Thought it is nice getting all this stuff and practicing it in the hope that 1509 is my year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Auvol

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Sort of wondering, why send out vetting forms if they aren't even going to consider sending us further. Thought it is nice getting all this stuff and practicing it in the hope that 1509 is my year.

Yeah it seems hard to believe those such as myself who have just received forms will ever get in but they aren't doing it for nothing however unlikely it may be. So I'd take it as a very good sign for those just waiting on a medical.

Auvol wrote: »
    Yeah it seems hard to believe those such as myself who have just received forms will ever get in but they aren't doing it for nothing however unlikely it may be. So I'd take it as a very good sign for those just waiting on a medical.

fingers crossed for both our stages. :P

conventional wisdom would suggest that they wouldn't be sending out vetting forms if the chances of those further on in the 1405 campaign getting in is slim to none to begin with. Then again, they did run a completely new recruitment campaign roughly around the same time that they only just started sending out letters to candidates in the 1405 campaign to say there was enough money to go ahead.

who is in charge of all this?

medical date letter arrived today folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yum yum. fingers crossed I actually pass it now. :0

check your post I am sure others are getting too......

edit: wtf, its the same date as my already rescheduled assessment centre for the next recruitment campaign!!! how did they miss that??

• Advertisement

medical date letter arrived today folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yum yum. fingers crossed I actually pass it now. :0

check your post I am sure others are getting too......

How far away is it? :) roughly speaking now

Advertisement