Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Thanks for the help. That gives me a much better idea of what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Probably asking an impossible question to answer,

Anyone any idea how many are currently waiting for calls with everything passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

So far the potentials are:
    Ghost
    Floral
    Sheepsy
    Life on Mars
    I am hopeful
    Fish

That was posted a while ago.. so probably more people to add to the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Ghost15 wrote: »
    So far the potentials are:
    Ghost
    Floral
    Sheepsy
    Life on Mars
    I am hopeful
    Fish

That was posted a while ago.. so probably more people to add to the list!

What scores are you guys sitting on and have you completed everything? PM me your score.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mac91

If things work out I'm potentially on that list, for now I'm in the purgatory of vetting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Mac91 wrote: »
    If things work out I'm potentially on that list, for now I'm in the purgatory of vetting.

Hoping you fish and myself all get vetting cleared real Soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Vetting cleared just waiting on medical next month :o

Ryan561 wrote: »

If it's after the 12th of February or soon before that date, you'll unfortunately miss out on the next intake in March.

WannabePC wrote: »
    If it's after the 12th of February or soon before that date, you'll unfortunately miss out on the next intake in March.

Ohhh yea, naw I am definitely missing February, aiming for March

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bigfish22

Hi folks,

Fingers crossed for calls going out to guys with everything passed.

I got my progression letter towards the end of last week, then got my vetting a few days later after that, I've that completed and sent back, I also have my online learning now. Just looking a rough guide as to when I should expect to receive a date for my pca?

Cheers

• Advertisement

What scores are you guys sitting on and have you completed everything? PM me your score.

Just got my medical to do. Everything else passed. Hopefully be in the same position as you all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Bigfish22 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Fingers crossed for calls going out to guys with everything passed.

I got my progression letter towards the end of last week, then got my vetting a few days later after that, I've that completed and sent back, I also have my online learning now. Just looking a rough guide as to when I should expect to receive a date for my pca?

Cheers
    should receive the date for pca within a couple of weeks from your online learning starting. At least I did anyway.

Go to the familiarisation bit if you can. Invaluable if you are a nonsensical worrier like me :)

anybody else have their medical same day as assessment centre...... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

After weeks of trying I have finally got logged in Again! 😡 so only my medical to go (too chicken to check if my vetting has cleared but due to multiple addresses during uni I'm not expecting it to have cleared!) My date is before the feb calls are due to go out but I don't think it's far enough before to be considered for Feb, unless they are really struggling for a full squad. The major thing I have learnt is predicting or second guessing what may happen is usually completely wrong in this game!

Bustermoon wrote: »
    After weeks of trying I have finally got logged in Again! 😡 so only my medical to go (too chicken to check if my vetting has cleared but due to multiple addresses during uni I'm not expecting it to have cleared!) My date is before the feb calls are due to go out but I don't think it's far enough before to be considered for Feb, unless they are really struggling for a full squad. The major thing I have learnt is predicting or second guessing what may happen is usually completely wrong in this game!

When is your medical roughly?
    Calls are supposed to be due next Thursday/Friday....

DaveNi wrote: »
    When is your medical roughly?
    Calls are supposed to be due next Thursday/Friday....

There wouldn't be a full week between my medical and the calls going out so I don't think it would be processed in time? I would have enough time to get my letter at home but that's it!

Bustermoon wrote: »
    There wouldn't be a full week between my medical and the calls going out so I don't think it would be processed in time? I would have enough time to get my letter at home but that's it!

Trust me, never say never

DaveNi wrote: »
    Trust me, never say never

Thanks DaveNi, there's always a chance of something or nothing!!!!!! After nearly 18 months of waiting anything is possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

Happy to report that my vetting has now cleared. Roll on the medical late February.

Are all you guys at the vetting/medical stage still preparing for Campaign 3 AC?

Happy to report that my vetting has now cleared. Roll on the medical late February.

Are all you guys at the vetting/medical stage still preparing for Campaign 3 AC?

I am still awaiting a reply from the OHWRecruitment to see if I can have my medical date changed otherwise I'll be missing my assessment centre..... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

I am still awaiting a reply from the OHWRecruitment to see if I can have my medical date changed otherwise I'll be missing my assessment centre..... :confused:

I feel for you buddy, hopefully you will get the date changed soon. On the positive side you are in a great position with everything done but the medical and SMT. We have all waited a very long time to be at this stage of the competition.

I feel for you buddy, hopefully you will get the date changed soon. On the positive side you are in a great position with everything done but the medical and SMT. We have all waited a very long time to be at this stage of the competition.

If offers were guaranteed to g.v upon successful completion of the medical I wouldn't even be bothering to request a change or anything. In fact I'd be quite glad at not having to go through the horrors of the assessment centre again quite frankly.

However, as nothing is guaranteed, then ideally, I would like to do both and not miss either....

They are taking their time replying though

Ive just sent my vetting, do you get a letter or email to say its been cleared and roughly how long does this take? Thanks

should receive the date for pca within a couple of weeks from your online learning starting. At least I did anyway.

Go to the familiarisation bit if you can. Invaluable if you are a nonsensical worrier like me :)

Ok thats great thank you. I may get to the treadmill then :/

So I should get a letter with pca date and also a familiarisation date also? Thanks

Ok thats great thank you. I may get to the treadmill then :/

So I should get a letter with pca date and also a familiarisation date also? Thanks

The PCA isn't difficult if you have a bit of fitness about you. Just work hard on the day and push yourself knowing that if you fail, you're as good as gone having to wait 3 months for a resit if your lucky. Sub 3 minutes is very achievable and if you're really fit, you could do it in 2:30 or less.

You get a date for both sessions. I'd highly recommend the familiarisation too as you'll get to see what's expected and what the route is though the course. You'll also get to try every obstacle and the push pull. You can't run a full lap of the course in order though, so don't try too or you'll be asked to leave.

There was roughly a 3 week gap between each stage for me including "the call".

Ive just sent my vetting, do you get a letter or email to say its been cleared and roughly how long does this take? Thanks

It'll be an email and it really didn't take long at all, you should have a reply by tomorrow! Good luck

The PCA isn't difficult if you have a bit of fitness about you. Just work hard on the day and push yourself knowing that if you fail, you're as good as gone having to wait 3 months for a resit if your lucky. Sub 3 minutes is very achievable and if you're really fit, you could do it in 2:30 or less.

You get a date for both sessions. I'd highly recommend the familiarisation too as you'll get to see what's expected and what the route is though the course. You'll also get to try every obstacle and the push pull. You can't run a full lap of the course in order though, so don't try too or you'll be asked to leave.

I second that, I would also say not to read the thread on here for the PCA it completely blew my confidence. Got in and done it and it wasn't as nearly as bad as expected

Ok thank you for the advice.

I would consider myself to be fairly fit and over the past few years have done mostly weights but just cardio occasionally, so I will increase running etc more over the next few weeks. No harm in being prepared I suppose. I was going to say 3 minutes isnt a long time but at a high pace it can be.

Ok I'll try my best to get to the familiarisation also cheers.

It'll be an email and it really didn't take long at all, you should have a reply by tomorrow! Good luck

Tomorrow?? I didn't expect it to be that quick, will have to keep an eye out thanks.

• Advertisement

If offers were guaranteed to g.v upon successful completion of the medical I wouldn't even be bothering to request a change or anything. In fact I'd be quite glad at not having to go through the horrors of the assessment centre again quite frankly.

However, as nothing is guaranteed, then ideally, I would like to do both and not miss either....

They are taking their time replying though

I concur. My ac is a few days before my medical. I'm going to have to go through that all again. Although the first time I thought it was an interview... had my answers prepared and everything.

Hope you get the date changed. Better to have two irons in the fire so to speak.

Advertisement