Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

Bigfish22 wrote: »
    Tomorrow?? I didn't expect it to be that quick, will have to keep an eye out thanks.

If you've only sent off your vetting forms it'll take somewhere between 4 weeks to 6 months depending on your circumstances, family members and how many addresses you out down. You don't receive any confirmation that your vetting has cleared from the PSNI. You have to call and ask, or email vetting and ask if its cleared. I wouldn't bother for at least 5 to 6 weeks and even that would be considered extremely fast. If you have family in the job, that'll look good and maybe speed things along a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

If offers were guaranteed to g.v upon successful completion of the medical I wouldn't even be bothering to request a change or anything. In fact I'd be quite glad at not having to go through the horrors of the assessment centre again quite frankly.

However, as nothing is guaranteed, then ideally, I would like to do both and not miss either....

They are taking their time replying though

I concur. My ac is a few days before my medical. I'm going to have to go through that all again. Although the first time I thought it was an interview... had my answers prepared and everything.

Hope you get the date changed. Better to have two irons in the fire so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

Bigfish22 wrote: »
    Tomorrow?? I didn't expect it to be that quick, will have to keep an eye out thanks.

No no I'm sorry I completely misread that last night I thought you sent vetting an email to check on the status

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

PCbobby wrote: »
    I concur. My ac is a few days before my medical. I'm going to have to go through that all again. Although the first time I thought it was an interview... had my answers prepared and everything.

Hope you get the date changed. Better to have two irons in the fire so to speak.

Yes hopefully they reply to me in the next day or two or ill have to email again. Definitely want to at least have the opportunity to fail the assessment centre :p rather than skip it completely.

Although I would have at least liked to have a passed medical behind me before doing it. If even just for the added confidence/less pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bigfish22

Ryan561 wrote: »
    No no I'm sorry I completely misread that last night I thought you sent vetting an email to check on the status

If only it was that quick! Thanks. So you could send them an email after 4-6 weeks of posting the forms? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Alright folks, I personally waited until my medical was pretty much done and had my pass a week or so before I made contact enquiring about vetting. I can understand the anxiety of the wait, believe me.

However, once the medical is done and passed that's the last part of the recruitment process. With the amount of movement that is happening, providing everybody passes the remaining stages of the recruitment process then I would imagine they anticipate to take on as many as they can.

Attrition still seems to be relatively high even with the pca resit, if you've got a progression letter, awaiting pca, awaiting medical or awaiting a call, all a pretty sweet place to be :)

Alright folks, I personally waited until my medical was pretty much done and had my pass a week or so before I made contact enquiring about vetting. I can understand the anxiety of the wait, believe me.

However, once the medical is done and passed that's the last part of the recruitment process. With the amount of movement that is happening, providing everybody passes the remaining stages of the recruitment process then I would imagine they anticipate to take on as many as they can.

Attrition still seems to be relatively high even with the pca resit, if you've got a progression letter, awaiting pca, awaiting medical or awaiting a call, all a pretty sweet place to be :)

can I have this in writing please.... :)

I am still holding off on booking a summer holiday just on the off chance I manage to pass my medical and then get a call for G.V

can I have this in writing please.... :)

I am still holding off on booking a summer holiday just on the off chance I manage to pass my medical and then get a call for G.V

I wish I could haha, unfortunately I can't, but if your at the medical stage then you have a really high percentage you'll get a call eventually, costs too much to process people at those stages to not do so, anything can happen unfortunately, but at the same time a lot of people are leaving each month through natural wastage.

just an update (specifically for anyone who might in future find themselves in the same position). Originally had medical date confirmed on the same date as my assessment centre.

Emailed OHWRecruitment (address on the medical letter) and after a few working days they responded and agreed to reschedule my medical date.

Unfortunately it is a couple of weeks later (which is really annoying) but I guess its the best I could have hoped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

I wish I could haha, unfortunately I can't, but if your at the medical stage then you have a really high percentage you'll get a call eventually, costs too much to process people at those stages to not do so, anything can happen unfortunately, but at the same time a lot of people are leaving each month through natural wastage.

Have you heard anything about ending 1405 in April?

• Advertisement

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Have you heard anything about ending 1405 in April?

I haven't mate, I always heard May was the last intake, and with progression letters being sent out within the last couple of weeks that makes me think this could be right, but that's just what I have heard. May was the last intake for campaign 1 too so maybe that's the trend? I dunno for sure though.

I have this each morning....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Don't talk about end dates, just started my online learning! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Emailed OHWRecruitment (address on the medical letter) and after a few working days they responded and agreed to reschedule my medical date.

Unfortunately it is a couple of weeks later (which is really annoying) but I guess its the best I could have hoped for.

At least it's still being moved so its good news!!!! Still in this campaign and you will have the back up for C3 if needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Medical done and dusted yesterday... Shouldn't be a problem...

Have my AC for campaign 3 pretty soon and in 2 minds wether or not to go....

Mop a top wrote: »
    At least it's still being moved so its good news!!!! Still in this campaign and you will have the back up for C3 if needed :)

This is very true. However, I was paranoid about the supposed cut off for the 1405 campaign already and so having my medical moved back two weeks doesn't help with that.

Also, I'd have (ideally liked to be going into the assessment centre safe in the knowledge I had passed my medical and there was therefore a chance I was getting a call soon. Just to take the pressure off me.

I'd perform better that way too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Ghost15

DaveNi wrote: »

I would still do it tbh..
    I'm still for doing my AC for C3 and I'm hoping to be lucky enough to get a call next week!
    Just do it to be on the safe side! No harm in it.

If it was me, I'd wait and see for medical results. If you get a pass before your assessment centre then just go do it, safe in the knowledge the pressure is off to an extent.

Obviously if you got a call before the assessment centre date then there would be no need to go to it. Although I'd probably still go for a laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Just seen the financial checks have been done by vetting, from experience do any boardies know if this is a good sign of the vetting coming to a close?

Thinking of changing name to I am very very hopeful!!!:)

Just seen the financial checks have been done by vetting, from experience do any boardies know if this is a good sign of the vetting coming to a close?

By the time I had drummed up the good idea of signing up for a free credit report to check if it had been looked at by vetting, I emailed same day and was told it had passed. So timeframe wise I am not sure but in general I'd take it as a good sign that your vetting is at least progressing :)

If I'm not in G.V in a few months I'll be joining you on Mars......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

I THINK someone said that is one of the last vetting checks so you could be very close! Have you done your medical or is it before the calls are due next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Floral15

Bustermoon wrote: »
    I THINK someone said that is one of the last vetting checks so you could be very close! Have you done your medical or is it before the calls are due next week?

I rang vetting a while back and tried to get them to shed light on timescales etc and the girl told me they couldn't say much but the credit checks are usually one of the last things they do, however a few ppl on here have had credit checks done a good while ago and are still waiting on vetting..... I had a credit check done last week, with medical done in December, feeling optimistic and at least it shows they are working on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Life_On_Mars

Bustermoon wrote: »

All done last year, just 'sweating on vetting' for a few months.

Why cant they just offer us all into G.V now??

Sure everybody in the psni wants out. Just let me innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn............ :)

double post (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

DaveNi wrote:

You would be crazy not to go, anything could happen in this process so don't keep all your eggs in one basket!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭StingrayGC

Bustermoon wrote:

My credit check was done 6 months ago and the vetting is still ongoing, each case is very different there I don't think there is any rule of thumb regarding time frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

StingrayGC wrote: »
    My credit check was done 6 months ago and the vetting is still ongoing, each case is very different there I don't think there is any rule of thumb regarding time frames.

Very true Stingray - I don't think there is anything normal, typical or predictable about this process in the slightest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

AC done again for a third time... Only 6 out of 10 showed up and 1 person walked out...

Good fun doing it again, hopefully for the last time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

AC done again for a third time... Only 6 out of 10 showed up and 1 person walked out...

Good fun doing it again, hopefully for the last time!!

Good job you went or I'd hunt you down and kick your ass!!!!!! Better safe than sorry.

Advertisement