Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

PCbobby wrote: »
    Do you have the link?

Sorry I can't post links but it is on the general PSNI Facebook page. Says to protect current policing numbers they will be closing stations and it may lead to delayed response times... Was posted over 3 posts earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭PCbobby

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Sorry I can't post links but it is on the general PSNI Facebook page. Says to protect current policing numbers they will be closing stations and it may lead to delayed response times... Was posted over 3 posts earlier today.

Whoops sorry. Thanks I'll check that out.

Do you have the link?

For those that can't find it these are the three posts ...

#PSNI’s budget is now confirmed as £646m, this includes a budget reduction of £26.2m.#KeepingPeopleSafe

To protect police & staff numbers & achieve balanced budget for 201/17, will require a cut of 10% to non-staff budgets. #KeepingPeopleSafe

Impact of cuts – closure of at least 12 police stations & cuts in opening hours, reduced patrolling & delays in attendance times

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Really though it says they are going to close another 12 stations... That doesn't look good for recruitment does it?

no. it does not.

but then it sounds as though they are pushing this latest recruitment drive like mad.....

Don't know if this is the right place but I heard a prison officer has been taken to hospital after a car bomb in Belfast. It's on the BBC website if anyone is interested.

This comes the day after announcements about the budget being cut...

• Advertisement

Don't know if this is the right place but I heard a prison officer has been taken to hospital after a car bomb in Belfast. It's on the BBC website if anyone is interested.

This comes the day after announcements about the budget being cut...

Just goes to show there is still a real danger out there. Hopefully the prison officer is okay?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Hope those phones start ringing in the waiting room this week folks!

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Hope those phones start ringing in the waiting room this week folks!

you mean calls?

are they not scheduled for a week or two away? (going by the 5 week precedent)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

you mean calls?

are they not scheduled for a week or two away? (going by the 5 week precedent)

I've totally last track to be honest because they seemed to be a bit out of the norm last time round and wonder will Easter make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bigfish22

Good luck to the guys in the waiting room over the next few weeks!

Have my pca in a couple of days, bricking it would be an understatement :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ryan561

I think it is next week the calls go out, would be good if it was this week tho :)

Bigfish22 wrote: »
    Good luck to the guys in the waiting room over the next few weeks!

Have my pca in a couple of days, bricking it would be an understatement :/

good luck. as long as your fitness level is ok then just take your time and make sure you don't get any penalties and you will be fine. :)

penalties from being clumsy I mean

Ryan561 wrote: »
    I think it is next week the calls go out, would be good if it was this week tho :)

I hope next week. my medical is this week and so (should I pass) I would know the result by calls next week. This would give me the chance to not be called (as seems to be the way on here) but potentially be called in the next (and potentially last?) set of calls for the 1405 campaign in April.....

good luck. as long as your fitness level is ok then just take your time and make sure you don't get any penalties and you will be fine. :)

penalties from being clumsy I mean

Cheers and thanks for the advice. :) I've been doing some training and went to the familiarisation too, still a bit nervous though. But hopefully I'll be joining the rest of you guys in the waiting room soon!

Bigfish22 wrote: »
    Cheers and thanks for the advice. :) I've been doing some training and went to the familiarisation too, still a bit nervous though. But hopefully I'll be joining the rest of you guys in the waiting room soon!

the familiarisation actually made me panic more as you get to try the obstacles (obviously not a full lap) and I really struggled on one as I have terrible balance.

so I was training away cardio wise and panicking that no matter how fit I was I'd get a penalty each lap.

I just took it at a steady pace each lap to ensure I didn't knock anything over and I was ok. hopefully you will be too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Calls went out 9/2. I'm guessing we're into the 5th week now. Maybe the end of this week, start of next ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Newbie1100

Mop a top wrote: »
    Calls went out 9/2. I'm guessing we're into the 5th week now. Maybe the end of this week, start of next ?

Are we pretty confident that if we are all in the waiting room with everything passed and vetting cleared that we should be getting a call for this intake? What if there are more people in the waiting room than there are places? Is that a likely occurance?

Based on the 5 week pattern between calls I thought the calls would be next week. Hopefully that is the case to allow me sufficient time after the medical.

I know we need to expect the unexpected and be prepared to be let down, but if the calls are next week all those in the waiting room should be ready to go. From what has been posted here before, you rarely get a full squad...

Newbie1100 wrote: »
    Are we pretty confident that if we are all in the waiting room with everything passed and vetting cleared that we should be getting a call for this intake? What if there are more people in the waiting room than there are places? Is that a likely occurance?

lol. if anyone had the answer to either of those they would be really well informed.

from what I have read on here, a lot of people don't get a call in the first set of calls after they have every stage passed. maybe someone can disprove/prove that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rustey Nail

Mop a top wrote: »

I just got the call - I'm in!!!

• Advertisement

I just got the call - I'm in!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

congrats mate!

sort of makes a mockery of the whole 5 week timeframe

the familiarisation actually made me panic more as you get to try the obstacles (obviously not a full lap) and I really struggled on one as I have terrible balance.

so I was training away cardio wise and panicking that no matter how fit I was I'd get a penalty each lap.

I just took it at a steady pace each lap to ensure I didn't knock anything over and I was ok. hopefully you will be too ;)

That's what I've been worrying about since! :/

Hopefully no penalties, fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Yea.... Turns out it's this week. I'm in!

Congratulations to all those who get in this week. I would like to join you but the timing of my medical means it's really unlikely.

Did you get your induction date?

Congratulations to all those who get in this week. I would like to join you but the timing of my medical means it's really unlikely.

Did you get your induction date?

Yes mate induction and start date

Ryan561 wrote: »
    Yes mate induction and start date

Nice one. Please don't leave us waiting room PCs to fend for ourselves. It's getting lonely...

Nice one. Please don't leave us waiting room PCs to fend for ourselves. It's getting lonely...

are we in the waiting room. I thought that was the stage when you passed the medical and just waiting for a call.....

are we in the waiting room. I thought that was the stage when you passed the medical and just waiting for a call.....

You speak the truth. I meant to say those of us... that being those passed medical (or about to pass?)

• Advertisement

You speak the truth. I meant to say those of us... that being those passed medical (or about to pass?)

PCiamveryhopeful......

:P

Advertisement