Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Bigfish22 wrote: »
    4 weeks goonerdee. What stage are you at? Pca passed?

Waiting to do pca, its more than four weeks away and they are being a pain. They like to leave you panicking to the last minute. 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Bigfish22

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Waiting to do pca, its more than four weeks away and they are being a pain. They like to leave you panicking to the last minute. 😮

Good luck for your pca goonerdee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Good luck for your pca goonerdee.

Thank you.

Hi guys, have my medical this week, how long does it take to be contacted with the result and if successful when should I get 'the call' ? Also does anyone know when the last batch of calls went out?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Hi guys, have my medical this week, how long does it take to be contacted with the result and if successful when should I get 'the call' ? Also does anyone know when the last batch of calls went out?? Thanks

you should, receive a letter saying you meet the standards required for the psni within 2-3 working days of your medical.

So for example you do your medical on the Monday, then (going by everyone on here) you'll have the letter by the end of the week.

SMT (Hair follicle test) takes a week or so but you don't hear back from it (unless you're coked up).

This latest set of calls a lot of us had predicted to be this week but they went out last week. I have no idea if more would go out this week or not.

If you pass medical and SMT, no reason why you wouldn't be receiving a call sort of this time next month. But then nobody knows how many calls are left in the 1405 campaign..... :confused:

• Advertisement

you should, receive a letter saying you meet the standards required for the psni within 2-3 working days of your medical.

So for example you do your medical on the Monday, then (going by everyone on here) you'll have the letter by the end of the week.

SMT (Hair follicle test) takes a week or so but you don't hear back from it (unless you're coked up).

This latest set of calls a lot of us had predicted to be this week but they went out last week. I have no idea if more would go out this week or not.

If you pass medical and SMT, no reason why you wouldn't be receiving a call sort of this time next month. But then nobody knows how many calls are left in the 1405 campaign..... :confused:

That's great thanks for the info.

What stage are you at?

Calls went out last week?? I hope they put a few more squads through. It would be silly to waste money on recruitment and then close 1405 campaign when people are in the final stages. Here's hoping. Was there a cut off/closing date for this campaign?

That's great thanks for the info.

What stage are you at?

Calls went out last week?? I hope they put a few more squads through. It would be silly to waste money on recruitment and then close 1405 campaign when people are in the final stages. Here's hoping. Was there a cut off/closing date for this campaign?

I was one of those lucky ones who received a call last week :)

I agree. why put people through the stages to then just suddenly cut 1405 off. But I guess they do as they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JROB

How much time is given between the induction weekend and starting at GV?

JROB wrote: »
    How much time is given between the induction weekend and starting at GV?

around a month, give or take.... ;)

I was one of those lucky ones who received a call last week :)

I agree. why put people through the stages to then just suddenly cut 1405 off. But I guess they do as they please.

Congrats and all the best.

I know, fingers crossed! I may change my username to iamveryhopefulx2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭networksearch1

If my medical next week
    Fingers crossed there is another intake and we get the call next month!

I just had my medical yesterday afternoon and got my letter today! Very speedy!

good job and congrats (I hope).

SMT still (apparently) takes a week or so. But you shouldn't have any worries with that now should you...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I got a letter yesterday "further to previous correspondence,I can confirm your application is now being processed through the remaining stages of the selection process. Please be aware the online learning will now run parallel with vetting, medical, PCA and SMT.....although your application is being processed there is now gaurentee that you will be made an offer of training prior to the closing date of this campaign."

I'd say I'm in the very bottom of the pile although does give a little glimmer of hope after all this time!

Psni26 wrote: »
    I got a letter yesterday "further to previous correspondence,I can confirm your application is now being processed through the remaining stages of the selection process. Please be aware the online learning will now run parallel with vetting, medical, PCA and SMT.....although your application is being processed there is now gaurentee that you will be made an offer of training prior to the closing date of this campaign."

I'd say I'm in the very bottom of the pile although does give a little glimmer of hope after all this time!

Well done, you should be receiving vetting forms soon and also online learning.

Just to confirm are you in 1405 campaign or latest campaign?

Medical was a pass thankfully, should be fine with my hair test also! :)

Got my pass letter today also, very fast. As long as vetting is cleared and smt passes, just a matter of waiting on the phone call now for a few of us :)

Yea 1405, I'm pretty low on the scale and the letter does say that it's not gaurenteed that I could be processed before the closing date of the campaign so I don't want to get my hopes up too much you know but I can't help be a little excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Yea 1405, I'm pretty low on the scale and the letter does say that it's not gaurenteed that I could be processed before the closing date of the campaign so I don't want to get my hopes up too much you know but I can't help be a little excited!

I'd say that you have a good chance considering its so late in the year and they have decided to progress you now.

I'm pretty sure it's approaching the same time they sent out the Dear John's last year so can only be seen as a good sign, perhaps they do want to exhaust this year's merit list before progressing C3.

Aw I really hope so you know!! I thought a few others on here would have mentioned it but haven't seen anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Aw I really hope so you know!! I thought a few others on here would have mentioned it but haven't seen anything!

I'm not in C2 but to me it wouldn't make sense to send out letters informing candidates that they will be progressed through the next stages if they didn't plan on carrying on C2 for a bit longer.
    It would be different if you were already going through them and they closed the campaign, but if they are running some stages alongside each other, to me, it suggests they may be trying to get them completed quickly.

Yea that's true thanks for the positivity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 JROB

That's good news to hear! Means those of us who are waiting for the call might be in with a good chance. :)

Yea definitely as I haven't done anything since the assessment centre which was a year and a half ago!

very very late but as said, this can only be a good sign for yourself and also any others still waiting on 1405.

I got the same "can't be guaranteed you will receive an offer" on my letter months ago.

That's why even after passing everything I was still pessimistic on my chances of a call.

Anyway huge congrats! :D

Well you should be grand if I'm only getting the letter now, :) I thought there would have been a few more people on here that got it but haven't heard anything. When you got the letter did it takes a while for things to start moving? Really doesn't make sense money wise aswell to put people through all these loops to say nahh were closing the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

Psni26 wrote:
    Well you should be grand if I'm only getting the letter now, I thought there would have been a few more people on here that got it but haven't heard anything. When you got the letter did it takes a while for things to start moving? Really doesn't make sense money wise aswell to put people through all these loops to say nahh were closing the campaign.

Those of us that got that letter at the end of September, we got a pca date and vetting forms within a week. Also, access to your online learning will come shortly too. :)

Congrats buddy :D

Those of us that got that letter at the end of September, we got a pca date and vetting forms within a week. Also, access to your online learning will come shortly too. :)

Congrats buddy :D

better memory than me. I just remember being in a state of panic for about 6 straight months :)

edit: which has now turned into a state of fear. lol

Ok that makes me excited! Thank you!

From what I remember, there's six weeks to complete online learning. And mine closed early december, which means it opened approx three weeks after the letter.

I'm no sayings its gonna be the same for you, but they may just speed things up. It's a handy time frame though. 

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BigTasty

Im also on this campaign and things have been moving very fast since my application re-opened. Ive done my medical this week and received the letter saying I passed. I was wondering if anyone who has previously got in recently would know when I would be likely to start (If all is well and if I get offered a position of course), or is it just a guessing game at the moment? I am planning to go to the Euro's in France in June, so Im hoping it doesnt clash with it or I will have to part with hundreds of £££

• Advertisement

It seems like a few people on here are in the same boat.
    I'm due to start GV in may. Our induction weekend is soon, after getting the call last week.

If you are in the lineup for the next intake, and there is no reason why you shouldn't be, calls would go out in approx 4 weeks from today. Induction approx 2-3 weeks after that and GV start possibly four weeks after that. I'm sorry I can't be more specific with dates, but it's a public forum and you know the score.

It's up to you, but personally, I wouldn't cancel just yet.

Advertisement