Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

Just received the letter also.

I'm sitting around the 76% mark

It's a bit of a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

I'm around 74-76% mark! This is devastating!! I thought they received funding?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

I'm dreading the postie now...
    So much for the extra £20million allowing them to continue with recruitment!

Unless they won't receive the funding until the new financial year, and therefore can't process applications further until then.

the411 wrote: »
    Unless they won't receive the funding until the new financial year, and therefore can't process applications further until then.

Good point 411! I'm guessing then they may just be letting us know that there will be no movement until April time, rather than leaving us in the dark!

• Advertisement

Then why send out vetting forms ? so you think that no more vetting forms will be sent until April ? I don't see why they can't just process people and hold off giving them an offer instead of doing nothing for months

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

This is so disheartening guys :( not what I wanted to hear. It seems like everything is getting in the way of my dream job :(

Just got mine :-(
    So I'm wondering are those who got vetting forms being included in the funding for campaign 1??? Maybe they didn't have enough from campaign one to fill the numbers up or something??

QueenP wrote: »
    This is so disheartening guys :( not what I wanted to hear. It seems like everything is getting in the way of my dream job :(

Tell me about it P I was in campaign 1 and failed PCA in aug 2014 by 2 seconds! Then I was made redundant at the end of sept so I have been really counting on this moving quicker than the first campaign. Totally gutted...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I think those who got vetting forms are within the 100 to be processed the PSNI? So they have taken say 100 or 150 and are starting to process them as the funding is there? The other people on the merit list have recieved a letter saying if the funding becomes available then they will be processed also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

That's really strange, did those who scored over 80 get them?

I can't imagine they wouldn't have enough for campaign 1 as I am waiting and i know a good few others are.

It could be just to cover themselves for any delays as there was next to no correspondence the entire time I was in the delay group of campaign 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Bit out of the blue! Be interesting to see if folks with vetting forms already get this letter too (hope not!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Tell me about it P I was in campaign 1 and failed PCA in aug 2014 by 2 seconds! Then I was made redundant at the end of sept so I have been really counting on this moving quicker than the first campaign. Totally gutted...

I failed it by 1 second more a couple of months before u!! It took until getting my ac results from this campaign to put a smile back on my face again! Now it's gone :(

Do they not realise that the greatest most enthusiastic police officers that will ever grace the force are patiently waiting on this forum for their big break lol? I wanna be a policewoman and I wanna be one now :(

I know were you are coming from CatDog.

I failed my PCA in March by 4 seconds. I could really kick myself now.

I thought recruitment was to continue as planned following this budget announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

Haven't gotten home to read the letter yet but already feel like i've been kicked in the face, this is majorly disappointing. Although considering the way money works it isn't too hard to believe that the 20mil is for the new financial year, maybe thats just my blind optimism haha.

'An extra £22m has been allocated to the PSNI after the Northern Ireland Executive found an additional £150m for its final 2015-16 budget.'

2015-16 budget, this may just be a scarier version of last campaigns delay email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Just checked the boards after I haven't been on in a few days, gutted to see these letters coming out, my mail has been and gone and nothing from the PSNI but I have a lower merit score than some of you's who have received a letter so I'm assuming I'll get mine tomorrow, this is a kick in the teeth I dunno what the craic is with it, unless like everyone is saying it's like last year but all the reports have said recruitment can continue as originally planned due to the 20 mil extra, at this moment in time that looks to be false, what does the letter say guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Haven’t received a letter yet but I’ve got a lower score than those who have so assuming I’m getting one too. Really disappointed. Hopefully it’s got something to do with the budget and the financial year starting in April and it will be ok. There always seems to be something to disappoint us in this campaign. One step forward two back comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Derob

Hi newbie posting been lurking for a while since completing first two processes on this campaign, I'm probably in same boat as you all scored 69% on AC. Do think you are all jumping to conclusions too quickly, if confirmation was sent to say that recruitment was continuing then I would say this is just a letter to say 'please bear with us until we get through the processes' if the money is available and they need officers they will recruit just be patient, if it's your dream job it will happen if it's meant too 😌

Highbury and fish are you waiting to hear from campaign one still? I thought everyone remaining campaign 2 that didn't getting vetting forms will be getting the same letter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

countrycop wrote: »
    Highbury and fish are you waiting to hear from campaign one still? I thought everyone remaining campaign 2 that didn't getting vetting forms will be getting the same letter

No, this is the first time I've ever applied.

Really hope we get some sort of light shed on this thing when the Policing Board meets.

I applied last campaign but didn't get this far, scored high 60's this time, I would say maybe anyone below 70 will get the letter tomorrow. I have spoken to someone in the job and they said anything like staplers or pens ordered are not allowed until April in the new financial year, hopefully this means that we are effectively delayed like the folks in the last campaign, next week the policing board meeting is to happen so hopefully something will be discussed then. I think this is HR keeping us in the loop as such, I firmly believe we're still good, just may mean nothing will continue until April when the new budget is in place. Knock wood!

Derob wrote: »
    Hi newbie posting been lurking for a while since completing first two processes on this campaign, I'm probably in same boat as you all scored 69% on AC. Do think you are all jumping to conclusions too quickly, if confirmation was sent to say that recruitment was continuing then I would say this is just a letter to say 'please bear with us until we get through the processes' if the money is available and they need officers they will recruit just be patient, if it's your dream job it will happen if it's meant too 😌

I think your right, I reckon it's just a letter that is keeping us in the loop, but I can understand it can be distressing waking up in the morn and getting a letter like that out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

I got letter also, mid 70s score. Don't know exact wording, not seen it had family open it but I'm not happy, it doesn't sound good. Think they'll only take the very best from this recruitment and maybe my score didn't cut it...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

.S. wrote: »
    I got letter also, mid 70s score. Don't know exact wording, not seen it had family open it but I'm not happy, it doesn't sound good. Think they'll only take the very best from this recruitment and maybe my score didn't cut it...

Don't lose hope, there is plenty of time for things to change.
    I have been waiting about a year and a half and they were still taking people in a week or two ago.

I haven't seen the letters and don't know the exact wording, but from what has been posted here at least they haven't completely ruled out further recruitment from campaign 2.

I'm telling you folks and I wouldn't say it as I know how emotionally invested people are for this career opportunity as I'm the same, continue training and try not to let this get you down, I firmly believe come the new financial year this will continue as originally planned. I am not letting this get me down, it has been well publicised that recruitment will continue as originally planned for 2015/2016 with this extra cash. Keep training and keep the heads up, that's all we can do.

I'm telling you folks and I wouldn't say it as I know how emotionally invested people are for this career opportunity as I'm the same, continue training and try not to let this get you down, I firmly believe come the new financial year this will continue as originally planned. I am not letting this get me down, it has been well publicised that recruitment will continue as originally planned for 2015/2016 with this extra cash. Keep training and keep the heads up, that's all we can do.

I very much agree, i'll not reach for the crisps & chocolate just yet haha
    I was in the last campaign also, failed at AC but was part of the delayed results crowd, this process is long and drawn out but its not over until they tell you unlucky but not this time, which (as of writing) they havent done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭panini

First time poster here, I received the letter this morning and although it's disappointing I wouldn't let it get us too down. It just says our applications are not being processed at this time, I'm still fairly confident it'll continue in the new financial year, as they said that recruitment would continue as planned.

I've never applied to the police before but they really know how to keep you on your toes!

• Advertisement

Still a three month wait at best.

Advertisement