Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Aw well three months extra training I will be like an Olympic athlete lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

panini wrote: »
    they really know how to keep you on your toes!

Too right, just wait until you guys get to the final stages and go through the grueling wait during those stages!

~20m was given for the remainder of this financial year and same for next year. Even with the 20m for this current financial year, they are having to still make savings for 2014/15 hence why campaign one is being decided on a squad-by-squad basis. I'd be awful surprised if the process isn't running smoothly by the start of the new financial year, but we'll find out for sure after the NIPB meeting next week.

Chin up everyone. Most of us involved in both campaign one and two have been dealt blow after blow via the media and correspondence from psni, but just hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Rezone

Anyone here at all that got vetting forms receive the letter today? im still at work and haven't been able to check my post, are they not recruiting anyone or does the initial 100 still stand??

Rezone wrote: »
    Anyone here at all that got vetting forms receive the letter today? im still at work and haven't been able to check my post, are they not recruiting anyone or does the initial 100 still stand??

No letter other than the 'your application is now being processed through the remaining stages' letter last week.

Would anyone who received the letter today mind typing it up here word-for-word? Completely understandable if no one fancies doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Gutted for you guys truly i am i can see the passion from all those that have been posting...i was made redundant recently and have put my life in hold for this...hopefully i can get into that 100 but it doesnt give me no satisfaction to see so many possibly miss out....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

I wonder how many people got vetting forms then. If they haven't received the delay letter and are being accelerated through the final stages for the first 100 jobs then have they allowed for people failing vetting, PCA, medical etc and still have 100 recruits from the A*s/high As??

Rezone wrote: »

No i think those that got vetting forms are still going through the process..the only letter i received was whether my circumstances have changed which they have...havent replied as of yet but will this week...

Catdog33 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people got vetting forms then. If they haven't received the delay letter and are being accelerated through the final stages for the first 100 jobs then have they allowed for people failing vetting, PCA, medical etc and still have 100 recruits from the A*s/high As??

No idea catdog...they must have a large pool to compensate for the acquired attrition...i still think that those that received letters are just postponing your applications to a later date just have to remain very patient...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Here's my take on it, some points I agree with, others I don't.

Just to clarify I haven't received a letter for the 2014 campaign but given the scores that some have I reckon mine's in the post lol.

My opinion is that the vetting forms went out to possibly 200 people with the highest AC score, so that they'll have 100 after PCA and medical fails. They'll recruit these 100 from 2014 campaign and leave huge rest of us with until the new financial year 2015. I reckon they'll start sending out vetting forms and progressing people through the final stages once they've clarified how much they're allowed for recruitment and training.

However I disagree that the 100 from 2014 will be fast tracked especially since there's people still on the merit list, like myself and several others, from 2013 campaign who are retaking PCA's. I personally think the 378 will be recruited from the 2013 campaign before the 100 of 2014 are offered a place at hotel GV

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

If you can take an educated guess at numbers going into GV, 9 intakes of what 40 (42 give or take a few drop outs for average) that goes to 360. Now unless they are going to take another intake of one class (14?) then I would imagine 1309 campaign is done, form what I can gather reading these forums...? I would say anyone else still in waiting with that campaign is done, sadly. Just my educated guess however.

I would also say around 150 got vetting forms, hard to believe that 150 scored 75/6+ with the assessment center? You can also make an educated guess that 750(ish) passed this years AC as that was the number who passed last years. Meaning a good lump of them would have to score in the upper top bracket? Of course there is no actual way of knowing (at least none that I know of) the actual numbers. I think these letters go out to let people know there will be no movement until April, I would be fairly confident that recruitment will continue after they find out just how much money they have. I would hope so anyway, we need a strong police force to foster whatever this peace process is.

I got vetting forms last week and have no received anything, surely its only a day or two before PCA dates go out?

• Advertisement

Just from numbers published and from crude calculations, I'd say campaign one isn't done yet.

From the strength stats each month, most squads seemed to average numbers in the mid 30s. Squad two, just for example, had 32 student officers. So, there should be enough for another 30-42. It's more whether it's signed off given the savings that still having to be made before the end of 2014/15.

As Mop a Top said, there are PCAs still ongoing for campaign one, so they'll complete those first. It could be another month or two for the PCAs (varied from one-two month notice for the PCA dates in campaign one). Campaign two won't be going anywhere until campaign one is fully concluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

so realistically what time scale do we think we are looking at? july/august before intakes start to occur?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

countrycop wrote: »
    so realistically what time scale do we think we are looking at? july/august before intakes start to occur?

I really think it won't be impacting that greatly, I believe May and June is when the folks who got vetting there will start and then I reckon the rest will follow, so July for the next squad and so on. Next week should reveal more info at the policing board meeting, I hope so anyway.

When you think about vetting forms could be sent out April, possibly to everyone remaining, or at least the next batch. So you would have April, May, June to get the ball rolling for the next squad. I believe that would be enough time to get the remaining phases done for the next squad, and by that time the following squads would then start being processed, if that makes sense? lol, it would be ample time to process everyone remaining as originally planned, I'm looking at it as extra time for prep for the physical, and not even the physical but to be ready for the training as I heard the first few weeks are hell, physically and then the remaining time it's up to your self to keep fit. By the way folks this is only me mulling things over in the old head, but plausible lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Sorry having a bad day today hense silly down in the dumps comment. Not happy to get the letters out, im hoping for all our sakes theyll use the merit list before 2015 is out..

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    If you can take an educated guess at numbers going into GV, 9 intakes of what 40 (42 give or take a few drop outs for average) that goes to 360. Now unless they are going to take another intake of one class (14?) then I would imagine 1309 campaign is done, form what I can gather reading these forums...? I would say anyone else still in waiting with that campaign is done, sadly. Just my educated guess however.

I would also say around 150 got vetting forms, hard to believe that 150 scored 75/6+ with the assessment center? You can also make an educated guess that 750(ish) passed this years AC as that was the number who passed last years. Meaning a good lump of them would have to score in the upper top bracket? Of course there is no actual way of knowing (at least none that I know of) the actual numbers. I think these letters go out to let people know there will be no movement until April, I would be fairly confident that recruitment will continue after they find out just how much money they have. I would hope so anyway, we need a strong police force to foster whatever this peace process is.

I got vetting forms last week and have no received anything, surely its only a day or two before PCA dates go out?

As others have ready said, the are still PCA's being carried out for the 1309 campaign, this hints that there is still the possibility of at least one more squad being appointed from 1309. Others have also said that according to HR there is no set end date for campaign 1. Everything is up for speculation until official correspondence is issued to both groups, for better or worse.

Personally I believe cautious optimism should be employed by everyone as from experience, what we think should be happening and what actually happens with regards to this process are two completely different things.

countrycop wrote: »

I scored an A last time, my vetting at the start of march, PCA was start April, medical mid May and guys with my scores and on my time scale were all in intake 4. Think it was September start but can't remember. Obviously there were people who scores A*'s and higher A's than me who would have had their vetting before mine but it gives you an idea of timescales. Everything was running pretty much to 5 week gaps for long enough. Not sure how this one will progress though

I have my PCA redo coming up and I haven't heard anything official from either campaign. However when I was at the PCA last month I was told by "J" that the PCA's would continue on a regular basis until the 1309 campaign had expired. Not sure if that's the 378 passed out of GV or starting GV.

Chins up my lovely folk, it will happen....eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bill6001

Ac score 75.5 got the "application not being processed" letter. We are just going to have to show some patience and stop guessing dates, numbers etc lol

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/psni-command-structure-to-be-remodelled-30946396.html

I'm gonna say this may have played a part in why they may have said we're not processing you at the minute, major remodel happening within the PSNI...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/psni-command-structure-to-be-remodelled-30946396.html

I'm gonna say this may have played a part in why they may have said we're not processing you at the minute, major remodel happening within the PSNI...

Thanks for posting this mate I hadn't seen it,interesting stuff..

Oh and for what it's worth I also reckon anyone who received one of these letters should remain optimistic...sounds like there are going to be delays but I doubt everything is going to grind to complete halt

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Strange why they said 908 people passed... why pass more officers for less places than last year? Unless they're planning on extending this list for the next campaign too?

Did you happen to get a breakdown or scores or anything about the FOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭WannabePC

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Strange why they said 908 people passed... why pass more officers for less places than last year? Unless they're planning on extending this list for the next campaign too?

Did you happen to get a breakdown or scores or anything about the FOI?

I think the pass mark of 60% just stayed the same as last year and there was a higher success rate probably because of people having passed the AC from 1309 and having an insight into the new process etc. That number should drop with people from 1309 getting into GV and still being on the list for 1405 too.

Just to clarify, I didn't put in the FOI request. A guy I know that I knew who had applied for the PSNI in the past was asking me did I apply etc and then we got talking about numbers and the FOI's online too.

They're pretty quick with the replies. I think it only took just over 2 weeks for a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Thought this might interest some - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31009084

Most relevant to us:-

"Ulster Unionist Tom Elliott asked whether any part of the policing budget was ring-fenced.

The minister said the police received "£28.5m specifically from the Treasury for security funding".

Mr Ford and department of justice officials then briefed the committee on proposals to change the arrangements for appointing members to the policing board.

He said the nine independent members of the board were appointed to the board for four years, and this had led to a considerable loss of experience and skills at the end of this period.

The minister was proposing a staggered appointments system, which would make for "a more gradual and phased approach".

Mr Ford said he also believed the rates of remuneration for policing board members were "very significantly in excess of those of any public body across Northern Ireland" and that this was "unsustainable" in the current financial climate.

He proposed that the remuneration for ordinary members be reduced from £19,400 to £12,000 pa."

Hopefully this comes to pass and frees up some funds.

Wonder if the 407 includes all us suckers waiting to redo the PCA since technically we've passed all stages lol

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Any more letters today?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

It wouldn't appear so at the minute fish. heres hoping this time next week we have an idea where we stand after the board meeting.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the post will be delayed possibly because of the weather? Mines usually here by now and phoned home as I'm in work, and post hasn't arrived mind you where I'm at its like Lapland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Is everyone getting these letters or only those who have vetting forms?

I must say thankfully I have been distracted by applying for another job, however this is still a kick in the teeth.

Has anyone put a detailed post of the letter on yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Is everyone getting these letters or only those who have vetting forms?

I must say thankfully I have been distracted by applying for another job, however this is still a kick in the teeth.

Has anyone put a detailed post of the letter on yet?

Those who received Vetting have a letter saying they are being progressed. Anyone who did not receive vetting forms have a letter saying not being progressed until financial situation changes. From the sounds of it a fair few with no letter as well. Possibly just the group who were next to receive vetting forms got the letter so far?

Advertisement