Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

28 points off 12

ughh horrible round. Topped first two drives, pulling shots into trees. 4 putted one green. Missed putts from inside 5 feet all day long. Lost 3 balls on holes where the targets were massive. Really frustrating, going to have to reassess my competition strategy starting with cutting down on the friday night pints when there is a saturday morning competition :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

85 off 15 for a nett 70 for -1 in Intermediate Scratch, Cut 0.6 as a result to 14.2

Could have been so much better was +6 after 12 but went to +10 after 13 thanks to a 7 on a par 3 without losing a ball. Following hole drove into the water for a bogey 5 to +11 and finished it off with another 7 on the par 4 18th for +14 in total. Feet are in tatters after taking repeated shots from both barrels on the back nine yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I though my putting was bad in the curragh on Saturday!! Well yesterday in portumna was a whole lot worse.

Was +17 off 12 for the round with 3- 4putts and 6-3putts 5-2putts and 4-1putts

Tee to green I played very well hit 10/18 green (usually I hit about 4-5) and 11/14 fairways. Swing felt great.

So disheartening when putter doesn't work cause I knew I was playing well enough to have a decent score but couldn't read a line, get pace, hit it where I wanted to all day with short stick!! Looks like I'll be on putting green for a few hours tonight :p realisticly I lost at least 9 shots with putter if not 12 (rounding all bad holes to 2 putts 3x2=6 + 6x1=6) :( should have done a Shane on it and broke it after a 3 and 4 putt on 3rd and 4th hole and used wedge for rest of round, couldn't have done much worse anyway.

7 pars
    7 bogies
    2 doubles
    2 pulling hair out (both 4 putts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Played in second round of club matchplay this evening, back and forth for the first few holes but before I knew it I was 4 down on the 13th tee. One long putt dropped and suddenly I found my game, was level par for the final 6 holes and won it on the 18th, delighted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Senna wrote: »
    Played in second round of club matchplay this evening, back and forth for the first few holes but before I knew it I was 4 down on the 13th tee. One long putt dropped and suddenly I found my game, was level par for the final 6 holes and won it on the 18th, delighted.

Some comeback, your man must have been gutted, match play is a funny old game

• Advertisement

35 points in The Island off 14.

Was my fourth round if the year so I'm delighted with that. My ball striking was all over the shop but my short game was in really good shape, had one three putt which was disappointing but you always get the odd one.

So definitely going in the right direction. Also by some miracle played the whole round with the same ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 quinch

Tuesday - back 9 - 22 points.

Thursday full 18 - 18 points.

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Was getting a bit frustrated in the last few weeks mainly because I knew my game was in good shape but just not scoring. Well it finally came good again. Two nines of 41 for 82 off 13 for a nett 69 in our scratch cup today. Overall delighted with the round

But it could and should have been so much better. Was only +1 for the back 9 standing on 17 but hit a bad drive. Almost salvaged a par but putt just lipped
    out. Then made a poor double at the last. Got a bit of white line fever and let the concentration drop.

Barring a ridiculous CSS that will be a cut for me and I'll be back to 12. Happy days :-)

Edit- results now up. Came 4th in the intermediate cup and cut 0.5. Now off 12.0, officially my lowest ever handicap, only by 0.1 but that's OK by me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

41 pts, -2 69 gross off 3 around lucan gc today.

Delighted. Have felt a decent score has been coming for a while now and only disappointment was that I didnt save it for the medal next week! Never really in trouble off the tee, that was key in retrospect; it helps that I was absolutely blessed on 9 where a big pull hook saw me out on the 10th fairway, from where I managed to make an embarrassing birdie 3 to see me turn in -2. Similar story on 13, where I hoiked a 3 wood to another adjacent fairway and walked off with a par 4. Those two holes excepted though, I drove it pretty well. Only 2 bogies, with a 3 putt on 8 and a misclub on 14 where I nailed a 7 iron over the back of the green after a great drive, so the real encouragement, as always, comes from the fact that it could have been substantially better. Short putts for birdie on 4 and 12 and 16 went by the wayside but thrilled to break 70 for the 1st time in quite a while and really looking forward to next few rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Played the 9 hole course at Sutton Golf Club this evening. First time playing out there and a really enjoyable experience. It's a tight course, a couple of tee shots are actually hit over the previous green but it was a lovely course. Every hole is interesting, you have to think about shots.

Probably one of the reasons I enjoyed it was it was the first time I've played well in ages. Been so poor lately it's not even funny but started to feel I was getting back on form the last couple of rounds without hitting a good score. Took 19 points off the 9 holes today and that included a scratch at the last after my first tee shot went for a swim. Hopefully I can build on that and kick on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

94 in Corballis on Saturday. Incredibly hung over and playing with someone else's clubs (I don't live back home anyhome).
    Happy enough with it though, first time playing a links course in over a year.

2 x7 and 1x 8 on the card the first 7 and 8 coming in the first 4 holes. The second 7 from a bunker. Birdied the par 5 including a 20 foot putt that some lads at the clubhouse were watching and applauded. Awkward enough if it missed as I had my hand in the air from about 5 feet out!

Lovely course for 24 quid though, we played to the wrong hole on the 13th, the one after the uphill par 3 that follows the par 5. Few criss crossy holes but the course was relatively quiet which was strange givent the great weather so we weren't affected by it.

35 points around esker hills yesterday with a scratch on the first. Lovely sunny day although a small bit windy but enjoyable all the same. Calves are sore this morning though. Some course to give your legs a work out!!

Reasonable happy with how I played. Was very good off the tee, decent iron play but not as good as the were last couple of weeks, good wedge game par maybe 4 shots and putter improved as game went on but still left a lot of putts out there.

Birdie: 1
    Par: 7
    Bogie: 7
    Doubles: 2
    Worse: 1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Played Moate twice over the weekend. On Saturday I had 31pts in an open stableford competition and while my scoring wasn't great I played alright and actually had 4 birdies which is a bit of a rarity (and achievement) for me! Struggled getting basic pars though.

Then on Sunday I was playing in the Presidents Prize final and while I was steady enough I didn't do anything exciting. Really have to get my pitching wedge working, I left 5 or 6 easy shots behind with poor shots from close to the green. It's gone from being one of my better clubs to my absolute worst. Dropped from qualifying position of 14th to 24th overall with a nett score of 76 for combined 147. Overall winner had 138.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

No score. Walked in after 15 holes in thunder, lightning, hail and everything else. Unlucky I guess cos after this episode which lasted about half an hour it was a lovely day for the rest of it.

razorblunt wrote: »
    94 in Corballis on Saturday. Incredibly hung over and playing with someone else's clubs (I don't live back home anyhome).
    Happy enough with it though, first time playing a links course in over a year.

2 x7 and 1x 8 on the card the first 7 and 8 coming in the first 4 holes. The second 7 from a bunker. Birdied the par 5 including a 20 foot putt that some lads at the clubhouse were watching and applauded. Awkward enough if it missed as I had my hand in the air from about 5 feet out!

Lovely course for 24 quid though, we played to the wrong hole on the 13th, the one after the uphill par 3 that follows the par 5. Few criss crossy holes but the course was relatively quiet which was strange givent the great weather so we weren't affected by it.

Easily done in Corballis. The first time I played there we teed up on the 1st and hit into the 12th green, that par 5. Only realised our mistake after finishing the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Easily done in Corballis. The first time I played there we teed up on the 1st and hit into the 12th green, that par 5. Only realised our mistake after finishing the hole.

I hear you, luckily some lads were playing to that par 5 so we ruled it out!
    Doesn't help that the map is tiny on the scorecard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

4 ball match play today won on 23rd hole played super golf I the wind and rain

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Another half decent score today despite leaving my own putter at home!

86 gross off 15 for a nett 71 - if CSS is 73 I'll be down to 14 but I doubt it will be.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

First round off 14 and had 34 points...just in the buffer! 44 points won!

I had way too many 3 putts but I have been putting well so hope it's a once off!

Practice 9 holes shot 39
    Bogeyed 1st and Double bogeyed the last. Had 0% FIR but hit 6 GIR. my putter was also on fire with 4 one putts.

just need to translate this into tournament play

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Don't know what I am going to go to have a consistent round, I Lamar High Meatloaf holes I never Lamar High Meatloaf before but I parred a few I've rarely parred before. I can score well on the low indexes and Lamar High Meatloaf the index 14, 15 & 16!!!

Driving wasn't great, mid irons ok, chipping a lot better and went back to my original putter with new grip, still had a few 3 putts (one on the 9th was from a few feet - Harrington eat your hear out!!)

5 Pars
    7 Bogies
    5 Doubles
    1 scratch on my nemesis hole!! Every time i tee up on the 2nd I say to myself, today is the day I get a par here. Never happens!!
    33 Putts :(

Frustrating game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Don't know what I am going to go to have a consistent round, I Lamar High Meatloaf holes I never Lamar High Meatloaf before but I parred a few I've rarely parred before. I can score well on the low indexes and Lamar High Meatloaf the index 14, 15 & 16!!!

Driving wasn't great, mid irons ok, chipping a lot better and went back to my original putter with new grip, still had a few 3 putts (one on the 9th was from a few feet - Harrington eat your hear out!!)

5 Pars
    7 Bogies
    5 Doubles
    1 scratch on my nemesis hole!! Every time i tee up on the 2nd I say to myself, today is the day I get a par here. Never happens!!
    33 Putts :(

Frustrating game!!

Played with CharlieIRL last night. After a steady but unspectacular start, 2 pars and 5 bogies, scratched the 8th, only bogied 9, 10, 11 and scratched 12 for 4 points in 5 holes. Game over.

Finished with only 27 points. Worst score of 2015. Saying that at the end, I was tired, hungry with no real motivation. Could easily have broken 30 points.

Another 34 points this evening in tough conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭longfellow deeds

after about 14/15 years of regular golf, 1 or 2 rounds a week, I stopped playing completely 3 1/2 years ago, didn't step onto a golf course in all that time, handicap was 11 at the time.
    I played my first round last friday week in Shannon,
    6+2, o/b, 6+2, 5+2, 7+3, 6+1 ,5+1 ,6+1 ,o/b,
    o/b, 4+1, 4par, 4+1, 5+1, 4par, 4par, 3par, 4birdie.
    I could barely remember how to hold the club for the first few holes but it started coming back to me on the back nine, a bit like riding a bike...

Got 35 points in Silloge on Wednesday. Finally feeling a bit like my old game is returning. Definitely the most solid 18 holes I've had in a while. Did take three 3 putts in a row on the back nine which is disappointing but I'm getting there slowly but surely!

The Island, 33pts, 14 handicap.

I had 2 points after four holes. That is TWO points after four damn holes. So the round was shot to bits after that. Got solid 2 pointers from there to the 9th, then actually played really well on the back 9... apart from the 15th which again I scratched. So 21 points on the back nine with a scratch, is somewhat encouraging. My driving is what got me in trouble for all my scratched holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Had my best round of the year so far today in grange castle, 8 over gross off 14 for 42pts. Short game was good today, only one blip missing a short on the 11th, my driving was a bit wayward, I think I only actually held one fairway with the driver but was never bad enough to get me into trouble :) hopefully I'll get cut to 12 which will be the lowest I've been!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Had a steady day even with a treble and double on the card!

Started with three pars then a double, another two pars then a treble followed with a par and birdie to have a front 9 of +4. Funnily enough no bogeys on the front 9.

Back nine started with two annoying bogeys, par, three putt bogey, three more pars with a bogey, par finish for a back 9 of +4. Ended up +8 with a fair few opportunities missed. I had 33 putts which is a hell of a lot.

1 birdie
    11 pars
    4 bogeys
    1 double
    1 treble

80 - 9 = 71

All in all happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

89 shots off 17 in the monthly medal in Ballykisteen today for 36 points from the blue tees. Started badly with two doubles and scratched the 223 yard par 3 sixth. Played much better on the back 9 with 21 points. Happy enough with the round as it's the first time this year I've played to my handicap in Ballykisteen.

Edit: Finished 7th overall. CSS was 73 so I got a cut of 0.3, my first one this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

dwd wrote: »
    Had my best round of the year so far today in grange castle, 8 over gross off 14 for 42pts. Short game was good today, only one blip missing a short on the 11th, my driving was a bit wayward, I think I only actually held one fairway with the driver but was never bad enough to get me into trouble :) hopefully I'll get cut to 12 which will be the lowest I've been!

Was that is the Captains Plate which is on today at Grange Castle? Must be in with great chance of winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

You had a better day than me! :(

18983219094_b2622be13a_z.jpgGCscore by burgomeister08, on Flickr

First 11 holes: Plus-22 (!!!!!!!)
    Last 7 holes: Plus-1

I f*cking hate golf...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Macker1 wrote: »
    Was that is the Captains Plate which is on today at Grange Castle? Must be in with great chance of winning.

Yep, I was away last weekend on holidays so couldn't play in the captains qualifying, hopefully I'll be in with a chance, was tricky enough with the wind and I say the greens are running as fast I've ever played them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Yep, I was away last weekend on holidays so couldn't play in the captains qualifying, hopefully I'll be in with a chance, was tricky enough with the wind and I say the greens are running as fast I've ever played them.

Playing in the Captains Day tomorrow. Hopefully the weather conditions will be a little kinder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Been off this forum for a while..... too much work and not enough golf ☺
    Played in Captains prize in Ballinastoe (nr Roundwood) today.
    90 gross for nett 70 (level) off 20 - Drove the ball well but chipping and pitching let me down... not committing to the shots and leaving a lot short.
    Very windy so made a long course even longer.
    Happy with my recent consistency... I feel a cut coming soon.... Hopefully 😉

+9 off 12 today in Birr for 39pts in one of our golfer of the year comps.

Played really solid golf tee to green 86% Fairways hit and 67% green.
    Went back to old putter today just to see if it would make a difference- It didnt still had 40 putts !!!
    Hit 43 shots with 8 clubs and 40 with the putter!! So frustrating!!!!!
    To think that if I made the 3putts into 2 putts I'd have played to +3 is unthinkable.
    I've said it for a while now that I had to golf to be a low handicapper if i could get putter working and today proved that.
    Also I played the par 3's in +5 so thats the other thing that needs to improve.

Started off with a par, then had 3putt double/bogie for next 3 holes. Had a little word with myself on the 5th tee and went on to have 5 pars a bogie (3putt) on index 1 and 3 more pars.
    Wind picked up and started raining went bogie, double (3putt), bogie, latter two both par 3's and finished solid with par, par, birdie.

Playing the heritage tomorrow, looking forward to seeing if good form continues.

Birdie: 1
    Par: 10
    Bogie: 5
    Double: 2

Although the post doesnt sound like it i'm actually delighted with the round, first time breaking handicap all summer after alot of hard work and a small cut should see me lose a shot to be playing off my lowest ever handicap :) Warming up nicely for killen, carton and fota - watch out lads, i can see my name on the seve ob trophy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

shaunac93 wrote: »
    +9 off 12 today in Birr for 39pts in one of our golfer of the year comps.

Hit 43 shots with 8 clubs and 40 with the putter!! So frustrating!!!!!
    To think that if I made the 3putts into 2 putts I'd have played to +3 is unthinkable.

Nice shooting, Shame about the the putting, I was once that soldier too a good number of years ago. Decided to spend almost a year on putting practice and dropped from 17 to 12 in 6 months.

Do you get to practice much?

J

Do you get to practice much?

On average I spend about an hour to hour and a half on putting green every week and every thing falls. Go out and play a few and everything lips out..so annoying

The Island, shot 92 in the medal today, off 14.

I had two quadruple bogies on the front nine which is awful obviously. My whole front nine was a total mess. Played much better on the back, out on 51 and home in 41. Would have been 32 points if it was stableford.

I was nailing the ball on the range before the round but could not hit the ball on the course. Anyone else experience this and what can you do about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I was nailing the ball on the range before the round but could not hit the ball on the course. Anyone else experience this and what can you do about it?

Skip the range :)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

12 over off 12 so a nett 72 in the July Medal at the Blessed Lakes, so played to my handicap, conditions were quiet tough with the wind and off the blues the lakes is an animal so pleased over all. Our comps are always a 2 day affair and with the calm conditions today the winner will deffo come from today's competitors, could be a 3 shot difference in the SS between Sat and Sun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

28 pts off 18 in Palmerstown yesterday. Terrible off the tee.

30 pts today in Hollystown. 4 pars and 3 scratches.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

33pts off 15 today in Moate. Got off to a great start with 3 pars in a row and was doing fine. Double bogey on 6th par 7th then another double followed by a 5 for 1pt on 9th left me with 19 at the turn. Struggled then until 15th before finishing par, bogey, par. Leaving a lot of shorts behind when close up to the green, pitching wedge is stone cold.

So the good form did indeed continue  gross +5 off 12 for 42points but only a casual round. Myself and another girl played matchplay for the round with no gimmes  Shes of 8 but we played it off scratch cause we have semi final of junior cup there next weekend so got to play the course and practise matchplay.

Great day all round, nice weather, no rain, good company, free round and most importantly good golf.

Putter still not on fire but improving slightly 37 putts today i think.

Eagles: 1
    Birdies: 1
    Pars: 8
    Bogies: 8

managed to keep the doubles and worse off the card by just playing solid golf and good course management. Boy I love matchplay, really gets me to play simple rather than going for spectacular shots (more often than not they are quiet the opposite). Only big shot i went for was on par 5 10th hit a great drive down the middle to leave myself 165yards into wind with bunkers surrounding front of green, was going to layup and just though "sure here YOLO" hit the best 4hybrid of my life to stich it to the pin for tap in eagle.

Heres hoping I play as well next sunday when it counts. A week on the putting green and hitting 5iron (for some reason i cant hit it anywhere bar push right) should have me in good form for nect weekend.

One thing that really confused me today was that i was fading the ball. Anyone who has played with me knows my good shot is a nice high baby draw or straight!! dont feel like i'm swinging any different or setting up different but what the hell as long as the ball gets from a-b who cares 

Edit: forgot to mention it's only the second ever time I broke 80 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

37 points off 17. 2 birdies in the first 3 holes 20 points front 9 and 17 on the back. Could and should have been a lot beter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Played in my clubs captains day the weekend for the first time after been a member for 4 years, wish I didn't bother! 111 strokes! was going great 1 over till the 5th were it all fell apart had a 12!!! and didn't even lose my ball :mad:

topped my drive into the long stuff, dropped out, rescue to the butt of a tree, chipped out, rescue down left side of fairway, blocked out by trees, 8i but bailed out to right of green,(water on left) then hit a get chip to centre of green but ran off into hazard 2 swings later, one a fresh air had to drop out, should of from the start as trying to play out of the hazard was just stupid but my head was fried! then a pitch and a putt but my head was completely gone.

My worse score ever is 115, and am at a total lose to how bad I have gone from the great stuff I was playing in April/May. My brain is fried with Golf and I don't think I ever get my HC down or ever be any good. Actually thinking of giving it up least for a while.

Sad times :(:(:(

absolute turgid rubbish - 27 points in the Grange Castle Plate playing off 12
    scratched the first hole - topped drive, second shot into bunker and disaster from there
    steadied the ship with 5 pars in 6 holes but then fell apart again. Bogied 10, 11 and then 12 I hit one of my best shots in the summer to reach the par 5 in two, from the back fringe my chip came out fat and I was 30 yards down the fairway - greens absolutely lightenning on saturday. That was the end of my round, bogied, double bogied and scratched my way home.
    Finished with a birdie putt on 18 lipping out, missed the 2 foot par putt and made bogey

back to the drawing board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Scored 32 points off 10 in a society outing in Skerries

Very happy as it the first time breaking 30 with my hcap also encouraging that I had 3 putts from 15+ feet that lipped out on me.

Had 8 1pointers

But only 1 scratch

Also had a nice birdie

Plenty of positives to take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭BOB81

Nett 72 off 15 in the monthly medal, 8 on the last (par 5) which in the end was the difference between winning it (a bogey would have done it!) and not. Thought I might have snuck a small cut in as the standard scratch is often 73/74 in strokeplay events but it wasn't to be. First time playing to (or near) my handicap this year so some positives to take from it, better iron play and no lost balls off the tee for a change.

had 37 putts though including 4 3-putts which has been my nemesis of late, switched to left hand low putting grip recently which is helping on my short putts but am finding the long-range ones difficult to get the pace right on. Playing the next round of the singles matchplay later this week so hopefully can shoot a decent round again...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Played open Thursday in moate last night, for the first time in a few years. It was like going on a date with an ex girlfriend!!

Started off absolutely diabolical with a sh@nk n on my approach to the first and off the tee on the second par 3 :( Bogie on the 3rd followed by leaving my tee shot about a foot short on the tough par 3 4th resulting in my ball rolling back into the bunker. Over the green with the next and landed 2inches from the timber OOB so scratch - didn't score on first 2 par 3's.
    Steadied the ship after a double on the next (Index 1) to play the 10 holes in 4 over, silly double on the 16th which was avoidable followed by a bogie and par to finish. Driving started off a bit erratic but second and approach shots were to the middle of greens and putter behaved mostly at last.
    Am happy with the score even though it could have been much better.

1 Birdie
    5 Pars
    7 Bogies
    3 Doubles
    2 Scratches

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Started off absolutely diabolical with a sh@nk n on my approach to the first and off the tee on the second par 3 :(

I had a big problem with this after getting back into golf this year, hit the odd one on the course but so many on the practice ground (which is probably the place for them tbf). So demoralising when you hit one. Haven't had one in the last two rounds so hopefully they're gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement