Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

38 points today and comp scratch is 38, destined to never get a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

secured a win today - gross 74 (+3)
    cut to 4.4
    delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

+9 gross around Birr yesterday in Mr. Captains prize to the ladies. Happy with the score but it could have been an awful lot better. +5 with 5 to play and i found it so hard to keep lowest round possible out of my head esp when on the greens.

Started the day with 2 pars then had a shocking double on the 4th after being just short of green in two-chip through green, duffed chip, chip and putt. 2 more pars and a 3putt bogie, par, 3 putt bogie and par again to finish front 9 in +4.

Back 9 went: bogie, 4 putt bogie, par, birdie- best shot i hit all day blind shot over huge hill from 160meters and stuck it to 3ft with 5 iron, back to 5 over through 13 and i definately got ahead of myself with 2 par 3's, a birdiable par 4 and 5 and another easy enough par 4 to come!! Typically after thinking i could come in shooting sub 80 i topped drive on 14th and scrambeled a bogie, shanked tee shot on 15th scrambeled another bogie, 3 putted 17 for a bogie and 3 putted last for a par.

Birdie 1
    Pars 8
    Bogies 8
    Doubles 1
    putts: 14 front 22 back = 36

I always blame my putter for loosing me shots but if i was being honest my approaches prob wearnt leaving me near enough to make the putts but yesterday was a different story!! 14 putts out was the best i've ever putted and obviously my head got in my way coming home along with an awful putting stroke as i pushed everything right! - If i was missing 2 footers cause I was in with a shout of lowest round ever and winning a club major all i can say is Shane Lowry has balls of steel to play the way he did on back 9 yesterday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭paulos53

37 points in Cobh on Saturday. Might have been better but for a mud ball on the 16th. Typical Irish summer :rolleyes:

A strong wind lowered the CSS to 35 points which was enough to cut my handicap to 10

3 Birdies
    4 Pars
    9 Bogeys
    2 Doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I had an interesting game yesterday. 32 points to scrape into the buffer, 12 points for the front 9, 9 points for the following 6 holes and 11 for the final 3 holes. I couldn't hit the ball out of my way for the first 15. I think I gave up and stopped trying to force it and went 4 pointer, 4 pointer, 3 pointer to finish, including a putt lipping out on the last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

First game for a month yesterday and happy enough. August monthly medal so it was strokes. 86 less 12 for a nett 74. Unfortunately CSS was 71 so I missed the buffer by 1 shot. Real sickener as I expected that CSS (normal). Had a putt for par on the last but it spun out after catching the edge of the hole.

Amazingly consistent round, both nines had +7.

1 birdie
    5 Pars
    9 Bogies
    3 doubles

If it was stableford then it would have been a scratch free round. Got to be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Played Open Singles last Thursday & after more or less running from the car to the tee box made a balls of the first 3 holes & came away with no points. The 4th hole was looking poor also when I was hitting the 3rd from under the trees but punched it out to 10 foot and made a good putt. Things improved from here & I crossed with 12 points which all things considered I was fairly happy with.

Back 9 started solid enough despite not showing on the card with 3 bogeys after being in decent positions but not taking advantage, another day it could have been 3 pars. Managed to get on the par 5 in 2 and a two putt for birdie gave the score card a bit of respectability again. Parred the next 3 for 7 points and a bogey followed by another par on the last for +3 back 9 and 21 points.

33 points overall so happy enough with that after the shocking start. Really need to cut out the tun of bad holes that are killing me but the back 9 should give me a bit of confidence hopefully!

Quarter final of club matchplay this evening, played my most constance round ever, was level par for the front 9 (first time ever). Was 6 up at that stage and he pulled it back to 4 up over the next two holes. Steadied the ship and I was able to close it out on the 14th.
    3 over for those 14 holes, now if I could only do it in a qualifying competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

38 points off 16 in West Waterford weekly open. Not sure whether I should be happy or whether I should cry myself to sleep. Made the turn with 23 points. Can't even say I went defensive. Just missed a couple of shortish putts to leave me with pars drying up and a couple of 1 pointers and scratched the index 1 after my only botched drive of the day. Then started chasing a bit leading to another 1 pointer. Just kinda went away on me.
    I'll take the positives I guess. I went out in 39 strokes thats surely the first step of doing it over 18 holes. And I'm on a new low of 14.9. Just a few shots away from my goal of 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

+2 gross at Macreddin off 3, 37 points.

1st time around Macreddin for me and found it very enjoyable, thanks in no small part to the beautiful weather. Perfect conditions probably the reason for a half respectable number, although considering it was my first time around the course and I was employing my brother's irons, I suppose I shouldnt be too hard on myself!

Didnt really get myself out of position, which was important. 4 bogeys, but was never in danger of making anything worse (except for the index 18 6th hole after a slash off the tee). Only 4 or 5 drivers off the tee, and none of them were great, but hit a couple of good 3 woods into decent spots. Iron play was average; lovely shots into 3 and 17 afforded birdies but 17 excepted, the par 3s were unkind. Couldnt get anything else close, and found myself lagging long putts a lot of the time. Finished on a positive note though with the birdie on 17 and a well played 18th hole, despite a 9 footer for a birdie 3 going a begging.

Course itself is very pleasant and Id be delighted to go back. One thing that was disappointing however was the complete necessity of a buggy. I had one booked having read a few reviews of the place but was half hoping they might have been sensationalist. They really werent, to the extent that I would be curious if anyone would be able to walk the course carefree; not from a fitness standpoint, but rather from knowing that you will inevitably be holding people up if you choose to do without because it would leave you in a substantial minority!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

@Benice - walked it before, or rather walked first 9 as no buggies available and then ran into clubhouse to get one for the front 9 - it's more aking to hiking than golfing when you don't have a buggy!

Cracking course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Played New Forest today in open competition, great course in excellent condition. What a strange inconsistent round.

2 birdies
    7 pars
    3 bogies
    6 scratches
    For 31 points (10 on front, 21 on back)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Played New Forest today in open competition, great course in excellent condition. What a strange inconsistent round.

2 birdies
    7 pars
    3 bogies
    6 scratches
    For 31 points (10 on front, 21 on back)

Oh, you'll scratch no problem in NF, first green is lethal and 4, 6, 10 and 12 can kill you, had 34 off the blues on Thursday which is my best round there by a mile.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

What could have been today! Standing on 15th tee box and was 7 over. Then I went treble, bogey, treble and double :o

First round in nearly 2 weeks so lots of positives!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Had 33 points today. After 23 on the front 9. I haven't a clue what happened on the back. I didn't play one shot from the fairway on the back 9. It was an absolute disaster. On Wednesday I scored 17 on the front and 20 on the back. Why can't I put something together in one round?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Played a matchplay in the old course at headfort on Saturday. Lovely course. Looks like a great club.

Big improvement on the last few weeks. Played some lovely golf. Won 3 and 1 for a finish. Was giving away 9 shots. Not easy. No scratches, didn't lose a ball. Happy with that.

Was 4 up after 12, was thinking that it was all over, cue him going birdie par to bring it back to 2 up with 4 to play. Started getting tetchy, poor drive followed on 16, thankfully hit an unbelievable shot over trees to 10 feet of the pin. 2 putted for par. He tapped in for a six... Or a 5 as he told me, most definitely a 6. I didn't say anything. He had a shot there also so it was halved. Thankfully went down an parred the 17th, he got caught in bunker and that was it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

He tapped in for a six... Or a 5 as he told me, most definitely a 6. I didn't say anything. He had a shot there also so it was halved. Thankfully went down an parred the 17th, he got caught in bunker and that was it.

I wouldn't have let anyone away with that, especially after him winning the last two holes.
    Great win, we'll done.

Played usual Sunday comp this morning, 36 points of 12.
    Played well but one of those rounds where I couldn't get going. Blanked the easiest par 4 with only 83 yards left for my second.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Hadn't played a qualifying round for 6 weeks with life getting in the way. Was very happy with 35pts with a scratch, will be in the buffer

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

First time posting in this thread but playing my local society yesterday in Woodstock. Had 43 points off 28 handicap to win.
    The first time I have ever won a singles competition.
    Played a classice the day before in Dundrum and our team finished 4th and we won green fees for the Heritage. I also had nearest the pin.
    Happy happy out, but as I know only too well, I could go out the next day and score 20 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

34pts yesterday in Grange Castle, hadn't swung a club in a about 10 days and it really showed on the the front 9, 15pts out, with some very poor golf and decision making leaving me with 2 blanks on the 2 par 5 which are probably the easiest holes on the front 9. I played much better golf on the back 9, with only one brain fart on the 13th after a perfect drive leaving me only about 130yrds out, I ended up walking away with a 6! Anyways I've 2 rounds off the new 9 handicap and have managed to avoid any .1's, so I'm happy enough. :D

round in game golf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Had my joint best round ever today in the Lady President's Prize to the Men in Ballykisteen today. 81 gross, 9 over par for 44 points and the win (my 2nd ever in the club).

10 pars,
    7 bogies,
    1 double.

Possibly the most pleasing thing is that I finished with 4 pars when the pressure was on. Got cut 2.4 shots so down to my lowest ever handicap of 14.1 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

ballyk wrote: »
    Had my joint best round ever today in the Lady President's Prize to the Men in Ballykisteen today. 81 gross, 9 over par for 44 points and the win (my 2nd ever in the club).

10 pars,
    7 bogies,
    1 double.

Possibly the most pleasing thing is that I finished with 4 pars when the pressure was on. Got cut 2.4 shots so down to my lowest ever handicap of 14.1 now!

Congrats great score

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Congrats great score

Thanks Ben. Wonders will never cease!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

+4, 75 for 37 pts in Roganstown on Saturday. A round of what could have been. 2 double bogies and 3 x 3 putts were the difference between a good round and possibily a great round.

Always next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Senna wrote: »
    I wouldn't have let anyone away with that, especially after him winning the last two holes.
    Great win, we'll done.

Yeah, I should have said something. Was a little in shock as he's a nice guy. Starting doubting myself. Was only when walking down the next fairway that I was fully sure he took 6 shots instead of 5. Still was confident of winning but would have been a sickener if he came back to win. Also it's a work thing, don't want to be creating enemies.

Anyway Headfort is a lovely track. If I was living over that way I'd be a member there for sure.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

78 gross , 66 net in the captains prize qualifer ... Playing off 12, got cut to 11... That score was with 2 doubles and a rake of birdie putts missed.... very content with that outing

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

93 this morning at Enniscorthy for 37pts and that included a 10 on the par 5 4th!!!

First time breaking 100 so abolutely thrilled to get that monkey off my back.

5 pars
    10 bogies
    2 trebles ( 1 for a point)
    1 10(ten)!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Had a win with 40 points off 15 this weekend. Started with a double but had 8 pars and 2 bogies on the next 10 holes. Lamar High Meatloaf my nemesis hole (13) and had a scratch out of nowhere on 16 due to a lapse in concentration, but they were the only mess ups. Finished with two 3 pointers to make up for 16 and recorded my first ever outright win and a new low of 13.7. CSS was 73, too.

Felt very good especially when I had almost the same 3 over front 9 a couple of days earlier on an away course only to give half of it back on the way in. Not this time. Only for the very uncharacteristic scratch on 16 which I par more than half the time I was a whisker away from breaking 80.

Reached my handicap goal for this year so I suppose upward goal revision: breaking 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

shot an 86 (par 71) in sillogue this morning.

6 pars and only one double bogey. no scratches

My best game of golf by a considerable margin.

21 points front 9. 22 points back 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭lenihankevin

Hitting a slump in form at the mo...had a 98 off 17 in the captains prize yesterday..had so many tap in doubles...New baby not helping to sharpen up my game!

Advertisement