Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Shot +18 off 14 in Naas in Captains Prize(stroke) last Saturday, a tale of 2 9's, +12 for front, +6 for the back. Was all over the place to start, but pulled it together on the back, although a triple really killed the chance of a nice back 9. Scraped into the second round tomorrow thankfully.

Hoping to knock a few shots off the handicap by year end, I feel I am well capable of it.

Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Played tullamore scratch cup (27 holes) off 11 today. +10 after 18 with a quadruple bogie and 3 doubles :) happy enough with my game at that stage. Then proceded to shoot +12 for last 9....very disappointed leaving the course but sooner or later something has to click!!! Have to just keep powering on :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Got my arse kicked on heavily sanded greens and newly topped up bunkers in Lahinch Old Thursday, fried egg lies from just wandering into a bunker and the sand like flour...then shot my lowest ever round on Lahinch Castle in the afternoon, a 78 on a par 69, go figure

e1846e.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Had my second 40 points in a week, that should get me an ESR if I'm not mistaken, hoping that'll get me down to 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

Having done nothing all year Co leading (leading on count back) druids heath captains after round 1. 69 nett off whites. No idea where that round came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,146 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

37 points, 83 strokes around St.Anne's.
    Good enough for 5th overall. Yet again a tale of 2 very different 9's. Put my first tee OOB but rescued a point. Rest of the front 9 was littered with at least one poor shot per hole. Turned with 14 points.

3 putted the 10th for a bogey but went home in level par from there, the only real flaw was another 3 putt shocker. Played some great stuff on the back 9 for 23 points.

Need to get myself off to a better start and I should see a few more cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

78 gross for a 72 nett. Played really well the whole day and I was +4 for 17 holes. Then from the middle of the 18th fairway, duff pulled my second shot into a bush and walked off with a 6. Cost me a prize in our presidents prize.

One real stat I'm delighted with though. 18 out of 18 on putts from inside 8 feet since switching to cackhanded. Horseshoed out on another 6 putts from 8-15 feet. Season's almost over and finally my game is starting to look up.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭moycullen14

12 GIR, 41 putts, 34 points. That's all. I hate this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Some better golf after a bit of a lull (which I'll blame on weekend boozing ;))

81 strokes, 39 points off 12 around Castlewarden in the Sunday singles.

12 pars (which I think is a record in a single round for me)
    3 Bogeys
    3 Doubles

2 of the 3 doubles were scratches too, as they were on the index 17 & 18 :confused:

The third double was due to a very bad "take your medicine" shot. Was blocked off from going at the green by a tree. Had an angle to punch out under the tree to leave about 100 yards in. Overhit to knock out through the fairway & under another tree. It was probably a good double in the end!

33% FIR
    50% GIR
    33 putts

Even though that putting number is not great, I actually putted really well. Made every putt inside 6 feet except one, which resulted in my only 3 putt on the day.

40 points won the comp, which is frustrating, having scratched the two easist holes on the course (on paper). A step back in the right direction. Was much more sensible with my club selection & with the targets I was taking. Instead of trying to muscle up I was taking the extra club & making a good contact, and generally speaking took on the middle of the green rather than agressively taking on tucked pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Open singles yesterday in my club. I had 29 points after 14 holes off 20 handicap. Was playing very well by my standards. My playing partners left after the 14th hole to watch the hurling match, so could not play on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Open singles yesterday in my club. I had 29 points after 14 holes off 20 handicap. Was playing very well by my standards. My playing partners left after the 14th hole to watch the hurling match, so could not play on.

That was fairly lousy of them. Pity they didn't say before the round that they were leaving early and you could have played with someone else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I don't want to talk about my last round only i have one birdie and 2 pars!! It was that bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

charlieIRL wrote: »
    That was fairly lousy of them. Pity they didn't say before the round that they were leaving early and you could have played with someone else.
    We had spoke about it before hand, as we had a couple of lads from the same hurling club playing in the match. I was not too bothered at the time, as I was only writing down my score and not adding up points. It was only when I went and added up the points and thought there was a good score left out there.

Ah hopefully next week.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,887 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Em that was strange.

10 over after 8 - level for rest.

Hit my first shank of the year on 1 - was worth waiting for. Everything I did sort of went wrong - have been working on only short game and was expecting a big round.

3 birds on back and some of my best golf of the year.

To be honest not sure how to put together a good round - seems to be very random.

Not sure if this is more to do with unrealistic expectations or trying to hard.

At least there seems to be a good 9 in me all the time - but sadly golf is a game of 18 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Eric the Eagle

7 Fairways, 1 GIR (A par 3!), 27 putts, 39 points.

12 Pars, 11 of them up and downs! Crazy game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

27 points off 10

Had 2 Birdies and 5 Pars

Unfortunately I also Had 5 scratches:mad:

I know there is a 10hcapper in there somewhere just need to eradicate the stupid errors

Well that was fun .

1 over, best ever round in competition - felt a good one was coming , didn't think it would be with a 1 (hole in one).

Had shown a bit of form over 9 holes, but not 18 for a month or so.

I've just been practicing short game , but was not the full story today - Hit 12 greens and made a few putts. Short putts still not great - but got 2 birds and hit the flag and lipped out to miss 2 others - the hole in one was a total bonus.

Was 8 iron (156 yds) - let the wind drift it into pin - called it, got outrageous side spin from 8 feet - in straight from side.

Great laugh.

As they say - a hole in one is a distraction - so did well to come home in 20 points also. Did tighten up on back and start pulling it down 17 and 18 - a slight downer I didn't get a par round.

I guess it goes to show how hard it is to get a par round

So will be lowest ever handicap - I think for the 4 th time this year.

Anyway - What next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Well that was fun .

1 over, best ever round in competition - felt a good one was coming , didn't think it would be with a 1 (hole in one).

I've just been practicing short game , but was not the full story today - Hit 12 greens and made a few putts. Short putts still not great - but got 2 birds and hit the flag and lipped out to miss 2 others - the hole in one was a total bonus.

Was 8 iron (156 yds) - let the wind drift it into pin - called it, got outrageous side spin from 8 feet - in straight from side.

Great laugh.

As they say - a hole in one is a distraction - so did well to come home in 20 points also. Did tighten up on back and start pulling it down 17 and 18 - a slight downer I didn't get a par round.

Anyway - What next ?

Ace, well done

Yes is a strange one Dealerz - not sure If I'm happiest , with lowest score, lowest handicap or Ace , great compliant to have such confusion (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,146 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was there with him for the ace, great to see. Serious golf Fix.

I'm off to work on my side spin now.

32 points for me, a run of 4 bad holes on the front 9 costing me. Finished strongly again with 19, that's my worst back 9 in a month (20,21,23,19).
    Good to know that I can score well on it but I really need to give myself a chance on the front. A combination of being the tougher 9 and a mental thing at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Well that was fun .

Great laugh.

Anyway - What next ?

Congrats FDP, from your form in carton I knew it would only be a matter of time till you had a really low one. Breaking 80 must feel like a lifetime ago. Keep it going now

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Yes is a strange one Dealerz - not sure If I'm happiest , with lowest score, lowest handicap or Ace , great compliant to have such confusion (lol)

It's great you got the ace, as you have been really begrudging of the rest of us in the holeinoneclub 😜

That is harsh Dealerz (lol)

Yes Ben , has been a change in my game - thanks man.

Don't know what keep it going is now - always hit a wall after a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Played a comp in my home course today, happy enough with game bar 2 hole (10+18).

Birdies: 3
    Pars: 6
    Bogies: 6
    Doubles: 1
    Triples: 2 (10+18 :p both cause of lost ball)
    Putts: 33
    FIR: 11/14
    GIR: 11/18

Game in decent shape over all. Had 38pts so may get a small cut. If I hadn't lost those 2 balls I would have came in with +5 going by score with second ball. Anyway that's golf, onwards and upwards.

Fair play Shauna anyone who has played with you knew there would be no hanging around. Some ball striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Played a team competition in Ballykisteen today. Shot 37 or 38 points on my own card. Hopefully I can keep the form going next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Final of club matchplay this morning, forecast wasn't great but turned out to be perfect conditions, playing a guy of 12 as well, so a straight match. Greens had been hollow tiled and the forecasted heavy rain never came so they were in very poor shape.
    1st
    He leaves his second short of the green while I'm on in two with a 20 ft putt, he can't get up and down but I make sure of my 2 putt.
    1up
    2nd
    Short par 3 and we both land about 15 ft left of pin with an uphill putt. I just miss my birdie putt and he leave his outside gimme range, he misses his.
    2up
    3rd
    Short par 4, were both on fairway and I'm to hit first, complete pull and lands in the trees left of green. He's on the green with only a 10fter, I chip mine pass the pin and can't get up and down. He 2 putts for the win.
    1up
    4th
    Both good drives but his approach lands in the bunker, I'm about 15 ft for birdie. He plays a great sand shot out to 4 ft. I shave the hole and unbelievably he misses his putt.
    2up
    5th
    I'm on the fairway but he slices well right, has to hit out sideways. My second lands on green and he hits a bad 3rd and 4th, concedes hole.
    3up
    6th
    Long par 3, I hit a 4 wood well left, he's on the fringe short. Get up to my ball and it's buried, duff the chip, second chip lands about 8ft from hole. He chips his second about 5ft by. I hole mine, he misses his,I'm very fortunate to get a half.
    3up
    7th
    Par 5 and we both have about 130yards for our 3rds, I putt mine to 10ft but he duffs his well short but plays a great chip to 6ft. I miss my birdie putt and he holes his par putt, a good half.
    3up
    8th
    Par 3 up the hill, I hit mine straight into the bunker left, he's left but long, so safe. Another good chip from him, I'm up against the face and can't get it out on my first attempt, or my second or my third!! Concede.
    2up
    9th
    Long par 4 he's in rough only a couple of yards off green for his third, I'm a good 40 yards short for my third, I hit a crap chip to the back of the green, he hits a decent chip but doesn't get up and down, thankfully I two putt for a half.
    2up
    10th
    Slight dogleg left par 4, I drive left and he goes right, I hit first and complete duck hook into worse trouble, he hits out sideways and I have to do the same but for one more shot. Similar shots then and he wins. I should have known he was going to play out sideways and played a smarter second, although I was blocked from the green, I wasn't in major trouble, rookie mistake.
    1up
    11th
    I'm in the middle of the fairway and he's hitting out sideways, I'm on the green in two and he's struggling, hole conceded.
    2up
    12th
    he says on the tee he's 3under for this hole in his last two rounds, Eagle and birdie, maybe mind games but he wasn't that type of player. Two good drives and I've a gap wedge, he's probably a knock down wedge. I thin mine a bit but stayed on back of green, his shot bounces 6 inches short of the pin, one hop hits the flag and in the hole, Eagle!! Not much you can do about that.
    1up
    13th
    Both of us in the rough and I don't catch all of mine, lands in the green side bunker short. He's on front fringe. Deja vu, can't get out of the bunker on my first attempt, or my second. He two putts for another win.
    Level
    14th
    Par 3 with huge bunkers either side of green so they were on my mind, he's on the green maybe 20ft from hole. I played a club less to try and make the front without the danger of the bunkers, hit it perfect and lands pin high with a 6fter for bird. He misses his putt and I knew the line of mine, but it didn't break like I though it would, gutted to miss that.
    Even
    15th
    Par 4 and he's in the trees right, I'm on right side of fairway, he's able to get it up to about 30 yards short, I put mine pin high but with a severe downhill right to left putt, he hits a poor chip and two putts from me was enough.
    1up
    16th
    Very long par 4, I'm in the middle of the fairway and he's in the left rough, he hits out well and I take a huge divot with a 4 wood, still OK about 100 yards short of green, was never going to reach anyway. He lands his third high of the green which is where you don't want to be, I of course do the exact same and we both have the same chip, we both go by the hole by about 10ft which was to be expected.
    He holes a great putt and I miss mine.
    Even
    17th
    Par 3 and a bad hole for me lately, he lands on the green but the very front and a good 30ft putt coming, I hit mine right on line but 10ft short of pin. Another great putt by him, shaves the hole. I'm really needing this putt, but can't make it.
    Even
    18th
    Two good drives and I'm first to hit, land right at 190 yards, a bad distance for me, 5 iron won't get there and hybrid is likely to go through green and pin is at back. So play the 5 iron safer shot but a terrible pull after swinging too hard and I'm on the edge of trees pin high right.
    He lands on very front of green but has a big slope before it levels off before pin.
    I've trees behind me for my chip, I just miss my fringe target for first bounce and it runs 25ft past pin. He putts his 12ft by pin which I can't believe. 2 putts each and we'll go to 19th. I leave mine short but settle for 2 putts. What does he do, holes his putt!!
    Better man won, he played the better shots when they were needed and a nice guy that made the round enjoyable. Glad to get to the final, but disappointed I couldn't do it when needed

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭lenihankevin

33points in horrendous weather this morning in presidents prize..delighted after a few poor rounds in last few weeks..evening for drying out and walker cup I think!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

2 birdies
    9 pars
    7 bogeys
    1 double bogey

+6 (39 points)

I went out with the main aim of no double bogeys or three putts but I double bogeyed and three putted the 16th which ruined my card! Shame as it was the only blot on a decent scorecard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,892 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

35 points today in first ever qualifying comp.

Played well for the most part, two poor drives cost me two scratches and also had 3 one pointers. Plenty of room for improvement. Driving has improved and my chipping is best it's ever been. There was a kid in our group off 4 who went around 1 over, was great watching him, learned loads.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement