Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Played poor on Saturday, got .1 back. Out to 13.1

Had a friendly game yesterday, reasonable enough, maybe 33 points, but it was a friendly game.
    Get an email from how did i do to tell me my new handicap is 13.0:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭bobster453

36 pts off 15 in Callan yesterday, plus 2 birdies in the 2s comp.
    17pts front, 19pts back, too many doubles and a scratch
    Was looking for somewhere to play this Sat and got text from Callan to say I qualified for the final so thats that sorted
    Must have won actually..with 36pts..as only 1 qualifier each week
    Mind you, all the good players must have already qualified as it was the last one, but still,nice to achieve something at last.
    Although I have to say playing with the lads and lassies on the Boards Golf Society this year has helped the game immeasurably, usually from seeing all they are doing right and I am doing wrong :)
    But even that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

37 points off 14 in our Friday Open today with things going very hot and sometimes pretty cold.
    Was a bit hungover after last nights footie.
    Started with a par and 3 consecutive birdies thinking I was still drunk or something, 3 under after 4. :eek: But things went quickly back to normal and worse with a silly scratch on 7 but still a front nine with 21 points. Started the back nine with two doubles and another birdie and again made an unforced error from the middle of the fairway late in the round for another scratch.

Wasn't feeling the best today but I take from it that I'm beginning to hit my new irons really well, they might make a difference for me. Driving was again really good, too, and putting was back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Last 3 round were 31pts 31pts and 32pts, not too far away from a good score or so I keep telling myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

41 points this morning first round ever with no scratches 7 pars, 5 bogies + 6 doubles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Fell out of bed this morning sore head,what followed was what I deserved 26pts 4 blanks 3 1 pointers game in tatters 14.6 it is haha. Chap in our group had a hole in one on the 3rd at tramore delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

34 points this morning, birdied the 12 and in good shape, then had 3 putts on the next 5 greens in a row.

Just to add insult to injury, I got 0.1 back so I'm back up to 12 hcp. I lasted one round as an 11 hcp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

33 points off 14 with 4! scratches in Sunday stableford. I'm just not an early morning man.
    3 lapses in concentration - two worm burners off the tee and a babied bunker shot - and one case of poor decision-making, probably born out of frustration over the missed opportunity. Thats just way too many errors in a single round of golf.

I try to see the positives which is if you can score a buffer zone with 4 scratches there must be another big score in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played 15 holes yesterday, my first game for almost a month, and didn't play too bad... was +9 for 15 and then our group decided to come in. Was even happier to come in, was wrecked after about 9 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

36 points off 14 in Naas, 21 on the front and 15 on the back. Very frustrating overall, a solid back 9 would have seen a decent cut. 2 stupid(arent they all!) doubles on the front, 6 pars and a birdie. Last week was 21pts + 16pts, so maybe I am thinking too far ahead of myself. Thinking 40+pts on the 10th hole can't be a good frame of mind!

Only 2 pts from final 3 holes, similar story to last week.

The Good: Putting decent, driving was accurate enough but the bads ones are costing me doubles, my scrambling isnt good.

The Bad: Not scoring on the par 3's at all. Not sure if its a mental thing or what, irons from the fairway are ok.

Might play the back 9 this week for practice.

• Advertisement

35 points on Saturday. 2 Scratches, 3 1pointers. The 2 scratches and 2 of the 1 pointers all came from 1 bad shot on each hole that I couldn't recover from. The last one pointer came as a result of a stupid bad decision on 17 and the worst thing about it was I knew it wasn't the right decision even before I hit the ball!

36 would have got me a cut :( Can't remember the last time I got a cut at my home course, probably 3 years ago at least :(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭joxer1988

After a tough first few months in golf, I felt like I knew what I was doing. Often when I thought I was getting somewhere, one part of my game would collapse and I'd be getting scores in the 20s...

Then after a few weeks in the 20-35 mark I put it all together and scored 43 points off 28. :) 92 strokes for a new personal best and a 3 shot cut. :D Delighted is an understatement. Feels like a season of good work has paid off.

As has been advised here, I cleaned up my short game big time... But it also helped that my drives weren't all going in the trees..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

36 pts on Saturday at home playing really poor golf, had a strong fade/ slice with drive which is very unusual for me, really inconsistent irons but great scrambling....2 scratches.

2 birdies
    6 pars
    8 bogies
    2 doubles (water and ob drives)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

37 points on Sunday somewhat turning a corner. Had got .1 on Saturday giving me my full compliment of 2 shots for the year back to 8.7 Have been having lessons and it hadn't clicked.

2 Birdies
    10 Pars
    3 bogies
    3 double bogies

Am not hitting my irons as well as I ever have. Putting is a bit hit and miss on sanded greens but did hole 3 nice ones on the b9 while a short putt took a mind of its own with a bobble. Even with the above I had 6 second shots where I had no direct shot. Driving has been the slowest to come round but towards the end of the round I started hitting it long and straight. I feel i had been aiming a bit left and pulling it.

Near the end of the counting season and down to 8.5 not where I wanted to be but hope to winter well and take improvements into next year.

34pts in faithlegg today. Greens pretty rough after been sanded so happy enough. 21pt bck 9 with a blank on index 1 hole 17. Wild off the tee but found it hacked it out into a bunker made a balls of that 2 shots to get out then 2 putted.. 34pts 2 blanks & 4 one pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Finally found some form.

40 points at Greenore last Tuesday off 19 for the win. 11 bogies, 5 pars and two doubles. Thought I'd blown it when I Lamar High Meatloaf the last. Was good enough for a 1.5 cut and 19 never to be revisited :p

41 points at Ardee last Thursday off 18 for back to back wins :D 9 bogies, 7 pars and two doubles. Finished strong this time with two pars following a lost ball on 16. Should be good for a further 1.2 reduction.

Very satisfying to have back to back rounds without a scratch and the handicap is finally beginning to tumble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Finally found some form.

40 points at Greenore last Tuesday off 19 for the win. 11 bogies, 5 pars and two doubles. Thought I'd blown it when I Lamar High Meatloaf the last. Was good enough for a 1.5 cut and 19 never to be revisited :p

41 points at Ardee last Thursday off 18 for back to back wins :D 9 bogies, 7 pars and two doubles. Finished strong this time with two pars following a lost ball on 16. Should be good for a further 1.2 reduction.

Very satisfying to have back to back rounds without a scratch and the handicap is finally beginning to tumble :)

You'll likely get a further 1 shot reduction via an ESR 3.7 shots in 2 rounds nice. Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Have been struggling to break 30 points in competition however had my best over round today in a casual round.

2 Birdies
    8 Pars
    5 bogies
    1 double
    2 scratches

36 points off 10 and thrilled

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭joxer1988

joxer1988 wrote: »
    After a tough first few months in golf, I felt like I knew what I was doing. Often when I thought I was getting somewhere, one part of my game would collapse and I'd be getting scores in the 20s...

Then after a few weeks in the 20-35 mark I put it all together and scored 43 points off 28. :) 92 strokes for a new personal best and a 3 shot cut. :D Delighted is an understatement. Feels like a season of good work has paid off.

As has been advised here, I cleaned up my short game big time... But it also helped that my drives weren't all going in the trees..!

Followed that up with 93 strokes - 39 points off 25. So I've lost another shot. Delighted to be finishing strongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭BOB81

Nett 75 off 15 in our presidents prize last weekend which given my recent scoring (5 consecutive 0.1s!) wasn't actually too bad, happy to finish in the buffer for a change! Wasn't a million miles off a prize either, nett 74 won the class 2 prize and I had a double on the 18th but just happy to feel like I could hit the ball properly again after a very frustrating couple of months. Recent lesson very much paid off, hit the ball well off the tee and in general happy to with ball striking (1 shank aside!), albeit that's working off very low expectations. Had a nice chip in birdie on our par 3 17th hole as well to get something out of the day...

• Advertisement

36pts today in tramore left a good score out there 1 blank on the 100yrd 15th par3 had a db & at least 3 silly 1 pointers. Course full of sand it's that time of year again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Played the K club today smurfit course 31pts. Happy enough considering I don't know the course, plus we all played the wrong fairway on the 3rd like ejits. The lake meant we couldn't get our balls back.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WheresMyPar

Played casual round Dunmurry 39 points,
    Scratched 9th and 10th
    Double on 14 par 5 bladed my 3rd shot from 60 yards
    Eagle on 17 made green in 2 and got the putt

Played the K club today smurfit course 31pts. Happy enough considering I don't know the course, plus we all played the wrong fairway on the 3rd like ejits. The lake meant we couldn't get our balls back.

Haha. I can see how that could be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Finding it tough this year after the jump down from 17 to 12 previous year. At 12.9 now.

Last round was solid with 36pts and left a bit out there. Ended up with hitting buffer so no .1 thank god.

Wasnt a brillant round but pitching in for eagle from 80yds on short Par 4 helped with the score.

Just one point i want to add as i know there will be a few others in the same boat. I played alot of competitive sports all my life and its been passed on to Golf which is a good thing.

However i feel i put far too much pressure on myself worrying about trying to get cut and not get a .1 that somedays i wouldnt play cos game isnt in great shape at one time or another. Im only playing 2 yrs properly and for the rest of the year and now on im going to try enjoy playing and try not worry about the handicap. For anyone in the same position or taking up the game, remember 1st why you started, it was to have fun and get out with few of the buddies. This isnt intended as a life lesson just something to think about when the golf isnt 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Macker1

Gross 80

41 pts today in the Saturday comp.

Driving very well and hit some decent irons. Putter was hot and sank a good few putts that made the difference.

Not enough to win but finished 4th and more importantly got a cut of .9 so back down to 11.6

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Played casual round Dunmurry 39 points,
    Scratched 9th and 10th
    Double on 14 par 5 bladed my 3rd shot from 60 yards
    Eagle on 17 made green in 2 and got the putt
    What's your handicap?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

32 points off 15 in Killeen Castle today with 4 scratches. 3 scratches on the front 9 saw me turn on 13 points but had a strong back 9 of 19 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

32 points in my new course, first time out. Lots to learn about links golf (the Island), and made some very silly decisions with short irons in my hand and moved the ball as I practising a putt. d'oh!

Kid in a candy shop though, what a course....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I won my category a couple of weeks ago in Moate with 39pts (off 15) and was really steady the whole way round.

Yesterday off 14 I managed 29pts which was better than it first appears as I had a disastrous front 9 (10pts) and only made it into double figures with a par on the 9th. Then I scored 19pts on the back 9 during which I had pars on 10,12,13,14,15 & 16. Go figure!

Advertisement