Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capped results

Options
  • 08-01-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

I heard that in DIT, your repeat results are capped at 40 percent which is fair enough but is it that the specific exam result is capped or is it that the entire module is capped at 40 percent. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

The exam results page says "For second and subsequent assessments of a module the maximum mark that can be awarded a candidate is the pass mark for that module, normally 40%, as per regulation 6.2.1 of the General Assessment Regulations."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Do you have to pass exams if your result combined with continuous assessment is going to be >40% overall ?
    Not that thats the case for me hopefully!, just wondering.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Supercell wrote: »
    Do you have to pass exams if your result combined with continuous assessment is going to be >40% overall ?

It may vary from school to school -not as far as I 'am aware you do not have to pass the exam - just >40% in the overall course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

In my course anyway your "written element" (WE) section has to be >35% to pass, even if your overall mark is over 40%. So even if you got 100% in labs, and got 30% in your exam for say an overall mark of 58 or something, you wont go through as you only got 30% in the WE.

The reason I'm saying WE instead of exam is that some modules combine the CA and Exam into one thing-the WE, and you only need to get 35% between them. Other modules though have a separate exam and CA, and you need to get at least 35% in each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Supercell wrote: »

Lecturer usually gives discretion on grade tolerances. Sometimes it's all added, sometimes it's an individual pass for each element that's required.

• Advertisement
Advertisement