Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm - Ringer not turning off after 15 minutes

Options
  • 08-01-2015 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

I have an Astec alarm that used to (I think) turn off both the internal and external ringers after 15 minutes or so. However it went off today at about 1:00 and when I came home just now both were still going off (sorry neighbours). The manual I have doesn't go into setting the timers or whatever so is there any way I can do this without calling out the engineer?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

do you have engineer access to the panel.
    Bell time is command 23 (0-99 minutes)
    Internal Bell Time is 25 (0-99 minutes)
    0= Continuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

KoolKid wrote: »
    do you have engineer access to the panel.
    Bell time is command 23 (0-99 minutes)
    Internal Bell Time is 25 (0-99 minutes)
    0= Continuous.

I have a vague recollection of him giving me a code. I could try a few options and see. But how do I access the engineers section of the panel? I presume it's fn followed by some number?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Enter the engineer code.
    00 will display on the top of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have a vague recollection of him giving me a code. I could try a few options and see. But how do I access the engineers section of the panel? I presume it's fn followed by some number?

If the system is set up for En then clear fn 0 then the user code.
    Clear then the code which you think is the engineer code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Thanks. Turns out I don't have the code. Is their a standard default I could try?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Your alarm rearms its self and if there's a fault that keeps trying to trigger the alarm it could potentially ring for about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks. Turns out I don't have the code. Is their a standard default I could try?

You need to turn off the mains going to the control panel.
    Open lid on panel, not keypad. Alarm will activate but just enter your user code on the keypad. Remove factory and battery link.
    Reconnect battery link. Go to keypad and enter 4711.
    If this turns off the alarm the system has being returned to factory settings. If not it is engineer locked and you would need an engineer to do this for you.
    Replace factory link and close up lid. Turn back on the mains.

Sent you the engineer manual by P.M.

Advertisement