Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job in Dublin - Bus help

Options
  • 08-01-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi, starting a new job in Dublin next week. Living in Stillorgan (Beaufield Park) and working at Fitzwilliam Street. Anyone know the quickest way of getting there by bus? Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Walk out to the Stillorgan Road, get the 46a or 145 bus. Get off once you go over the canal and walk down Fitzwilliam place to Fitzwilliam Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Cheers. I take it none of the stops on Lower Kilmacud Road would be of any use for getting to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Urethra Franklin

mufc1993 wrote: »
    Cheers. I take it none of the stops on Lower Kilmacud Road would be of any use for getting to work?

75 is an orbital to Dún Laoighre and while the 47 does go to town, it's very slow and infrequent. The 46a/145 (and, further up, the 39a) corridor is the most regularly served corridor into town.

Edit: 75 and 47 being on the Kilmacud Road, 46a/145 on the Dual Carraigeway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Try this site:
    www.hittheroad.ie
    I have found it useful for working out routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Or www.a-b.ie which will include leap card fare information. Also check with your employer if they operate the www.taxsaver.ie scheme, it will likely save you a lot of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The 11 goes from Kilmacud Rd, but afaik it's much the same distance as walking to N11, and 46a &145 are much more frequent

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dubpeter

mufc1993 wrote: »
    Hi, starting a new job in Dublin next week. Living in Stillorgan (Beaufield Park) and working at Fitzwilliam Street. Anyone know the quickest way of getting there by bus? Cheers.

@mufc do you mind me asking how long you were waiting after your application. I applied some weeks ago and have heard nothing as of yet, just got a mail saying they be in touch in early 2015.
    Also is it interview, medical, aptitude test and driving assessment or .... Thank you

Advertisement