Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifth year work placement?

Options
  • 08-01-2015 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm a 5th yr student from Galway and I was wondering if there is work placement in fields of science or engineering, and if there are what places are they? Kinda in a hurry thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

What sort of format is your placement in? Block of placement? Once a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Carlzzzz

J o e wrote: »
    What sort of format is your placement in? Block of placement? Once a week?
    It's a 3-day duration work experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Carlzzzz wrote: »
    Hi I'm a 5th yr student from Galway and I was wondering if there is work placement in fields of science or engineering, and if there are what places are they? Kinda in a hurry thx

Maybe ask your school about helping you find a placement.
    Family and your parents friends would be where I'd start asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

You could try the labs in the University. try emailing or calling a department you are interested in working in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

You could try the labs in the University. try emailing or calling a department you are interested in working in

Agreed. 3 days isn't much but you might be able to shadow PhDs while they work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement