Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social housing for single males?

• 08-01-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

What kind of social housing would a single male be entitled to? Would it be a shared house or what? I couldn't imagine single man getting a house.

I'm curious about this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ruxjit wrote: »
    What kind of social housing would a single male be entitled to? Would it be a shared house or what? I couldn't imagine single man getting a house.

I'm curious about this.

Probably not the forum for this most likely if your single and have no kids you would be housed on your needs if your are luckily enough to be offered anything it most likely would be a one bed flat or apartment ,

With kids and marriage or divorce would come different housing needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Gatling wrote: »
    Probably not the forum for this most likely if your single and have no kids you would be housed on your needs if your are luckily enough to be offered anything it most likely would be a one bed flat or apartment ,

With kids and marriage or divorce would come different housing needs

Single people on social housing lists anywhere in Ireland ate waiting 8 to 10 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You might be offered a one-bed apartment through Cluid/Respond/John of God's. A man who lives near me was offered a one-bed through John of God's after an 11-year wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

I'm not looking for one myself. But I know 2 lads that got 2 bed room apartments each. Relatively new and nice apartments in a really nice area.

I just couldn't believe how lucky they were. I can see why people who work and struggle get angry when they see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I've heard of this myself regarding giving two bedroom apartments to a single person. It seems that if the council cannot find a one bed apartment or duplex after a certain amount of time then they will usually put the single person into a two bedroom apartment or duplex.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement