Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove Astec 63DV, Install HKC 1070 Hybrid

Options
  • 08-01-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I've had lots of problems with my Astec and getting parts is now an issue.
    Looking at getting rid and installing a reliable alarm and that has spare parts. ! House is pre-wired.

Any recommendations:

HKC 1070?
    Downstairs
    4 Inertia. 2 Contacts (patio/front)
    PIR in hall

Upstairs:
    Remove Inertias, install 5 window contacts only
    Install Wireless PIR in landing

SAB, Dummy box, Internal Siren, Panic

Options:
    GSM Dialler

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The 1070 is an excellent panel. I would recommend inertias and contacts on all accessible windows and doors.

Everything else you gave listed is spot on.

You can also connect the 1070 to your broadband and control via app. HKC charge €5 per month for this service but having installed all the rest, the HKC app is by far the best.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A good panel as a stand alone system. However, as I said in my PM if your looking for apps or remote access your going to need an installer to set it up & your going to be tied into annual fees & paying for every app you download.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    A good panel as a stand alone system. However, as I said in my PM if your looking for apps or remote access your going to need an installer to set it up & your going to be tied into annual fees & paying for every app you download.

A stand alone system?
    You dont need to be an installer to set up the app or to install this system?
    Remote access can also be done with a GSM.
    I have downloaded the app for android and installed it on anyone's phone that has an android.
    Anyone with an Android who wants this please fell free to send me a p.m for a the app.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Proper IP access with free apps & free remote access.
    Why would he want to pay SIM charges etc and pay for a GSM when a proper IP connection will do it all.
    Every other system offers this why can't HKC?

Let's not start lads.

• Advertisement

Let's not start lads.

Was just about to post the same.

I agree. let the poster use their own common sense to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Is the HKC monthly rental for the SIM card on the GSM unit, so the SIM never has to be topped up.
    Am I correct, the SIM is just for notifications when the alarm is activated.?

With the comment on inertia and contacts, opposed to just contacts upstairs. My thinking is the PIR in the landing should help the second layer of protection. If the window is been opened, the contact will trigger.

It is for everything . It covers the GSM , but you can not have remote control via the app without it. HKC have no option for free alerts and remote access via the app without a subscription.
    Contacts only on upstairs windows would be normal practice as long as they are not accessible by a flat roof or extension, elevation etc.

batman2000 wrote: »
    Is the HKC monthly rental for the SIM card on the GSM unit, so the SIM never has to be topped up.
    Am I correct, the SIM is just for notifications when the alarm is activated.?

With the comment on inertia and contacts, opposed to just contacts upstairs. My thinking is the PIR in the landing should help the second layer of protection. If the window is been opened, the contact will trigger.

GSM-Q and GSM-SC are to different products.
    GSM-Q does not come with a sim. You use your own ready to go sim card for alarm activations plus remote access to the panel for arm/disarming etc. You have to keep the ready to go sim active. It can also be used to control the outputs to control electrical devices.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    GSM-Q and GSM-SC are to different products.
    GSM-Q does not come with a sim. You use your own ready to go sim card for alarm activations plus remote access to the panel for arm/disarming etc. You have to keep the ready to go sim active. It can also be used to control the outputs to control electrical devices.

If someone is willing to pay for a standard gsm and maintain a RTG sim they would be far better off subscribing to the securecom service.

€5 per month and it negates the need to pay for a sim or landline as securecom will send a text alert via their servers and they'd have the use of their app which is by far the best one out there.

If someone is willing to pay for a standard gsm and maintain a RTG sim they would be far better off subscribing to the securecom service.

€5 per month and it negates the need to pay for a sim or landline as securecom will send a text alert via their servers and they'd have the use of their app which is by far the best one out there.

Agreed.

I was just clearing up the confusion regarding the different types of GSM available.

their app which is by far the best one out there.

What are you basing that on?
    The stats & reviews on the play store & the app store tell a different story.

What are you basing that on?
    The stats & reviews on the play store & the app store tell a different story.

My own opinion. Having installed some Risco, many Siemens, some GSD (Don't get me started) and lots of HKC.

Opinion is good.
    But I would advise anyone looking for a more balanced view to look over the reviews on the play store and the app store.Those opinions & the number of downloads give a very good indication of any app.

Opinion is good.
    But I would advise anyone looking for a more balanced view to look over the reviews on the play store and the app store.Those opinions & the number of downloads give a very good indication of any app.

Have you had the chance to have a look at the HKC app?

I have . My opinion is its very plain & basic. It certainly doesn't justify its price tag when you compare it to what Siemens & Risco have for free.

My own opinion. Having installed some Risco, many Siemens, some GSD (Don't get me started) and lots of HKC.

What's with GSD.?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

the risco has a crap battery life no wired bell option the quality of the pictures is like a nokia fone from 10 years ago and the build quality is not great either anything risco make is mostly in the bin that wisdom was a joke and they are still using the same sensors for there new system so my opinion is the same as others HKC is by a mile the best there is out there but hay what do I know

The Risco LightSYS does allow for a wireless /Wired bells. They also have some nice newer sensor and contacts.
    I am getting 3 years + on battery life. I'm pretty happy with that. Its around average.
    http://www.riscogroup.com/products/product/25
    I agree the older ones arn't as nice.

• Advertisement

Can the Risco system be installed for domestic dwelling as well as commercial.?

Yes, ofcourse.

stuartkee wrote: »
    the risco has a crap battery life

Keypad battery life is dire too.

On the alternate systems, such as GSD, Siemens, Risco.
    The panels and keypads are made by Siemens, GSD.
    What about the other devices, such as SABB, Intertia, Contacts, PIR.?

Can other manufactures be installed onto for example Siemens..? Can you mix between these and HKC?

For wireless devices these would be tied to each manufacturer. For wired you can use any global devices.
    On the sim charges etc. I see Vodafone now have a prepay sim designed for alarms where no regular top up would be required. A much cheaper option. I have something similar with O2 from years ago. I think I have €20 credit still working from 3 years ago.

batman2000 wrote: »
    On the alternate systems, such as GSD, Siemens, Risco.
    The panels and keypads are made by Siemens, GSD.
    What about the other devices, such as SABB, Intertia, Contacts, PIR.?

Can other manufactures be installed onto for example Siemens..? Can you mix between these and HKC?

Siemens don't manufacture wire free inertia's so you would need a separate receiver installed to use 3rd party wire free devices.

Advertisement