Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Hitting Competition

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

ComfortKid wrote: »
    That should of been 81 not 51

Ha I was just going to say you should go pro if you did it in 51, still 81 is fairly hot too, nice darts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Received dartboard for xmas after yapping about it so much and watching the World Champ religiously so have been playing about 5-6 weeks now

207 darts to get around clock doubles, its not a good or bad start its just a start in my eyes! Having real problems so far with the lower portion of the board ( 8 and 16 included!!) which i'm baffled at because I'm tall but not a giant.. 18 and 10 oddly enough were hit with just two darts each to make things even weirder..

Oh and it took 16 throws to even get started off on the 1!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Iron Hide wrote:
    Received dartboard for xmas after yapping about it so much and watching the World Champ religiously so have been playing about 5-6 weeks now

If you're only playing a few weeks dont bother with doubles. Learn to throw straight first. 20s Bulls and 19s. Get your grouping right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Iron Hide wrote: »

207 darts to get around clock doubles, its not a good or bad start its just a start in my eyes! Having real problems so far with the lower portion of the board ( 8 and 16 included!!) which i'm baffled at because I'm tall but not a giant.. 18 and 10 oddly enough were hit with just two darts each to make things even weirder..

Oh and it took 16 throws to even get started off on the 1!

That's a very good start for only a few weeks' play. I'm tall too and my only advice for the lower doubles is to float the dart as opposed to throwing it downwards.

As for comfortkid, looks as if we've got a new dominant force. That's really damn good! Serious effort.

Well I just bottled it big style there, I took 86 darts which is a PB for me, however I took 17 darts to hit tops my favourite double! It just would not go in, I kept blocking myself etc etc....Should really have been low to middle 70's there! Apart from that I was throwing very well, barely got held up on any double.

• Advertisement

Jesus,unlucky! Great darts! Such a frustrating game isn't it. I find I could hit a 180 or 140 then follow it usually with 11 or 7 :-/

Well I just bottled it big style there, I took 86 darts which is a PB for me, however I took 17 darts to hit tops my favourite double! It just would not go in, I kept blocking myself etc etc....Should really have been low to middle 70's there! Apart from that I was throwing very well, barely got held up on any double.

Jesus,unlucky! Great darts! Pity tops let you down.Serious pressure felt id say ha. I did it in 81 but everything just seemed to fly in even even when I'd felt id thrown it wrong. Such a frustrating game!

Jesus,unlucky! Great darts! Such a frustrating game isn't it. I find I could hit a 180 or 140 then follow it usually with 11 or 7 :-/

Yeah I'd be the same, seems hard to follow a good score with another for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Good username....NOT! :D

Thats great throwing, I'd love to brreak the ton on this

Devastator wrote: »
    Good username....NOT! :D

Thats great throwing, I'd love to brreak the ton on this

Ta very much!

How near breaking the ton are you at the moment? Do you practice much? I go through phases of playing lots then nothing for a few weeks, it's handy for me that I have a board in my room, some people have been complaining of having to play in their cold sheds!

• Advertisement

Ta very much!

How near breaking the ton are you at the moment? Do you practice much? I go through phases of playing lots then nothing for a few weeks, it's handy for me that I have a board in my room, some people have been complaining of having to play in their cold sheds!

No cold shed or garage for me, I like to think of my place as a bachelor pad which in truth means I'm single & live alone :D Good news I have a board up in the kitchen and can watch all the darts I want without getting nagged to turn big brother(or any other BS program) on lol

My 1 & only full attempt is 126. I've started a few other times but quit or stopped counting because it was pitiful and frustrating. I don't practice per se, I'll throw for 5 minutes when I'm making dinner,doing the dishes or waiting for the kettle to boil. In the past I used to play again pc on no1 darts & was getting better but with things going on in life(or in my head) I find it hard to actually stop & just play for a bit. For over the last year I've had a fridge freezer in front of the board(not covering but upto bottom of cabinet) and currently have a load of paint pots & decorating stuff making it an obstacle to get the darts back :D

Devastator wrote: »
    No cold shed or garage for me, I like to think of my place as a bachelor pad which in truth means I'm single & live alone :D Good news I have a board up in the kitchen and can watch all the darts I want without getting nagged to turn big brother(or any other BS program) on lol

My 1 & only full attempt is 126. I've started a few other times but quit or stopped counting because it was pitiful and frustrating. I don't practice per se, I'll throw for 5 minutes when I'm making dinner,doing the dishes or waiting for the kettle to boil. In the past I used to play again pc on no1 darts & was getting better but with things going on in life(or in my head) I find it hard to actually stop & just play for a bit. For over the last year I've had a fridge freezer in front of the board(not covering but upto bottom of cabinet) and currently have a load of paint pots & decorating stuff making it an obstacle to get the darts back :D

Well if you have done it in 126 then you're not far off breaking 100,so a bit of practice would soon have you there! it is a very frustrating game alright, my main issue is I can't find a grip or action that's repetitive, from one day to the next it always feels different! But still, I do love just chucking a few darts whenever I get bored, it's a good hobby! I don't usually go after doubles too much until I saw this thread recently, my normal task is to play 301 and the aim is to do it in 15 darts or less, some days it's easy (done it in 8 today) others I can go ages without doing it, either by hitting loads of 41. 45, 26 scores or else not being able to hit doubles.

Anyway get rid of all that stuff that's in the way of the board and get cracking that ton! Good Luck.

Well if you have done it in 126 then you're not far off breaking 100,so a bit of practice would soon have you there! it is a very frustrating game alright, my main issue is I can't find a grip or action that's repetitive, from one day to the next it always feels different! But still, I do love just chucking a few darts whenever I get bored, it's a good hobby! I don't usually go after doubles too much until I saw this thread recently, my normal task is to play 301 and the aim is to do it in 15 darts or less, some days it's easy (done it in 8 today) others I can go ages without doing it, either by hitting loads of 41. 45, 26 scores or else not being able to hit doubles.

Anyway get rid of all that stuff that's in the way of the board and get cracking that ton! Good Luck.

Cheers

The paint,etc is strategically placed there so I dont get distracted for the odd 5,10,30 mins by the board though and keep at my decorating :D Plan is to rent out the house in about month's time and move away so really cant afford any distractions lol

301 in 8 darts thats serious man. Hardly double in?

301 in 8 darts thats serious man. Hardly double in?

Nope straight in, in fairness it was sort of a freak occurrence, I'm not trying to claim that's my norm by any means, It was way above what I normally play like! I could just as easily play for 30 mins and fail to hit a 15 darter!

I did a 301 in 8 darts before, definitely a freak occurrence for me, normally struggle to do it in less than 20! Finished on the bull and all!

I need to start playing up in college, don't think there's a team or anything though.

Thats very good though,7 darts to get to a double.Do you play in the pub leagues? Dont play much 301 but I finished 501 in 17 darts last week,checked out 148 :-) Don't know how I managed it. I seem to practice great on my own, soon as I go to play some one im back to 41,26,45 ect

Thats very good though,7 darts to get to a double.Do you play in the pub leagues? Dont play much 301 but I finished 501 in 17 darts last week,checked out 148 :-) Don't know how I managed it. I seem to practice great on my own, soon as I go to play some one im back to 41,26,45 ect

Maybe it was an 18 darter dude? You couldn't finish 148 and hit a 17 darter, it would have to be 12,15,18 etc....

Personally, No, I dont play any pub leagues, thet don't appeal to me, AFAIK you might play 1 leg against someone and 1 leg of doubles, anything can happen in 1 leg and it'd be hard to play well, too short a format for my liking, the best I do is play my brother or a mate, but normally up to 10 legs! that's proper darts!

Ha you're right,thought twas 17. Must ask the brother how many it was. Definitely finished on 148 anyway :-)
    Ya the league I play in now is best of 3 legs. Waste of time really. Haven't got time to settle and the games over,especially the away games but if we were to play best of 10 or whatever we would still be there the next morning with standard were at ha

There's a good site called ProDarter.com. If you have a webcam you can set it up and play people. Just key in your score and it chalks it for you. Few pros use it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mykillokneel

Also play 301 but only allow 12, 9 is my best 140,100,25, missed double 18 hit double 9. Have to do 101 in 6 and 201 in 9 first.

Was on double 18 after 72 yesterday in round the clock until phone rang never went back.

Did round the clock singles in 22.
    I think consistency is the hardest thing everyone struggle on from reading posts its why is so frustrating.

Did round the clock singles in 22.
    I think consistency is the hardest thing everyone struggle on from reading posts its why is so frustrating.

Did that in 21 before, 1-19 in 19 darts and then took 2 at the 20!

I don't think it's much help for your game though because it's too big a target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mykillokneel

robman60 wrote: »
    Did that in 21 before, 1-19 in 19 darts and then took 2 at the 20!

I don't think it's much help for your game though because it's too big a target.

Agree, never counted before or won't again just tried to see. Funny how you miss the one target you aim at most :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Gave this another go tonight. Did it twice in the last couple of weeks and got 137 and 150. Tonight I got 60, don't know how. Changed my style of throw to a quicker style and literally nearly everything was flying in. I'm a terrible dart player who's never even got a 180, definite freak occurrence but I'll definitely take it

Advertisement