Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Apt timer wiring question

Options
  • 08-01-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

As the title says I an replacing my apt timer. The first PIC shows the current wiring to the apt timer.

The second is the timer is wish to put in its pkace. What would the wiring for this one.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Check instructions.
    If your replacing the wired APT in photo then your boiler is oviously not a volt free boiler, so you need to fit link.

I could tell you more, but I think you would be safer getting an eletrican if your in not sure.
    We don't want to get our wires crosed !

Is there a fuse switch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Tom44 wrote: »
    Check instructions.
    If your replacing the wired APT in photo then your boiler is oviously not a volt free boiler, so you need to fit link.

I could tell you more, but I think you would be safer getting an eletrican if your in not sure.
    We don't want to get our wires crosed !

Is there a fuse switch ?

You wouldnt know what way the boiler is connected. The link in many if not most, simply links the 230v L to the boiler firing mechanism via its safety devices. So a sw can be connected to the second link terminal to fire the boiler up.

Not a great practice of course, since some probably use low voltage for the control setup, and both terminals where the link goes should be used for a control loop or timer volt free contacts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

The timer I am replacing the apt with is a 15min increment timer as opposed to the 30min apt timer.

Wiring wise there cannot be that much to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Here's a photo of the wiring instructions for the new timer.

How woould the existing apt wiring go here?. The existing timer is on a switched fuse spur. So the timer can be isolated OK.

All help welcome

Thanks in advance.

The timer I am replacing the apt with is a 15min increment timer as opposed to the 30min apt timer.

Wiring wise there cannot be that much to it?

Simply follow the instructions.
    AND fit the link as I already have said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If you cannot follow simple instructions then get an electrician out before you do damage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If you cannot follow simple instructions then get an electrician out before you do damage

So typical of this forum. A truly great resource at times and at others, it really can make those people among us who are far from incompetent made to feel just that.

Why don't the sparks here just advise OP to isolate power supply, switch wire X from old time-switch to Terminal X on new switch, and so on. Surely this was not too much to ask?

I'm sure the confusion for him is simply the fact that the new switch has 4 terminals as opposed to it's predecessor which only has 3.

DODZY

It can't be put simpular than on the above + instructions on live in, live out and joined neutural, + fit link.

If OP can't follow that then it is recommended he gets somebody, were trying to help, thats all.

What do you expect/want ?

"Tragic death after Boards.ie advice"

Wrong call Dodzy.

Advertisement