Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves - The Red Robin Round

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and The Sound of Music. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Drop Dead Fred, which has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas but my sister and I often watch it

Oooh, I LOVE Drop Dead Fred! It was the first ever film I owned on video. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

For me it's got to be the original Superman movie. The only time of the year they show that movie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Today's question,

If you could replace one thing on the Christmas Dinner what would it be and what would you replace it with?

• Advertisement

I would take out the Brussels sprouts, I just don't like them and I always feel I have to eat one just because it's Christmas.

I can't think of anything I'd replace them with though, there's more than enough food I like! Maybe I'd just swap them for a nicer vegetable, like peas

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'd replace potatoes with stuffing. I'm not that gone on potatoes anyway and more stuffing is always good.

Or I'd replace them with an Easter egg for the lulz.

more stuffing is always good.
    Yes!! Couldn't agree more with this statement.

I think I'd remove sprouts- although I only eat about 2- but I'd definitely replace them with another type of stuffing. I think about 4 or 5 types are essential for a good Christmas dinner. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I tried to introduce fried sweet potatoe this year.. Got shot down before it even hit the dining table!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I tried to introduce fried sweet potatoe this year.. Got shot down before it even hit the dining table!

This year I'll gladly eat your sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    This year I'll gladly eat your sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes.

Parboil for few mins, then finish on the griddlepan with rosemary and thyme..

Yum fecking Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I don't eat sprouts at all, definitely more stuffing😃

SarahLil wrote: »
    I don't eat sprouts at all, definitely more stuffingðŸ˜႒

Same here. I feel obliged to eat sprouts despite not being a fan.

I tried them for the first time this year. They were nice. The ones I tried were from the freezer so I'd like to try fresh ones.

If sprouts were that nice, we'd eat them all year!! Not just one day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I must be the only one who enjoys sprouts!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

kitten_k wrote: »
    I must be the only one who enjoys sprouts!

Nope, I love them too. They're one of the best things in all of Christmas-land.

My Mum and sister both like sprouts, evidently they have no tastebuds

Well yesterday's question certainly sproutted up a debate :pac:

Today's question is, What is your favourite Christmas Decoration you have?

Mine are the warm led lights on the tree, I love the multi functions aspect, I love making the lights dance haha.

Well yesterday's question certainly sproutted up a debate :pac:

Mine are the warm led lights on the tree, I love the multi functions aspect, I love making the lights dance haha.
    a felt advent calendar with pockets for each date so you can put whatever in.. (normally chocolate Santa's).

I bought it for my wife (then new girlfriend) when she bought her first house. She came from a home where they didn't go in for special occasions.. So when she was at work, I decked out her house like Christmas puked all over it! She was like a child on Christmas morning going around excitidly inspecting everything one by one..

• Advertisement

We have some lovely decorations, and my favourite definitely isn't the nicest one we have, but we bought it in a Christmas shop in Carmel, California when we were on honeymoon so I love it.

232625.JPG

My Granny has always been very crafty and good at things like knitting and patchwork, and she brought me along to a craft fair in the RDS when I was a kid. While we were there she bought me a kit for making a reindeer Christmas decoration out of a polystyrene ball, sequins, pipe cleaners etc, and I was so excited about it that I made it almost as soon as I got home. It is one of the few homemade decorations that is allowed onto the ‘nice’ tree each year (all the rest are consigned to the small tree in the TV room, along with the tacky 90s decorations!). Granny has dementia now and doesn’t know who I am anymore.

This isn’t a great picture of it (pulled from facebook) but it gives you an idea!

Reindeer_zps5afccf71.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I have so many that are dear to me it would be impossible to pick one. What I will say is it's become the norm for me to write where & when I got the decoration so in years to come I won't be standing at the tree wondering where I got them..

Todays Question, What is your favourite Christmas Cracker Joke?

Where do snowmen go to dance?

Where do snowmen go to dance?

The Snowball?

The Snowball?

Bah dum, tish

A snowman walks into a fruit and veg shop and says 'I'm here to pick my nose.'

How did Darth Vader know what Luke got him for Christmas?

He felt his presents!

• Advertisement

Deffo separate thread!! One day of Christmas cracker jokes is never enough!!

Advertisement