Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves - The Red Robin Round

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Damn it. I didn't even buy crackers this year.

...i feel soo ashamed! :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If you could recommend someone one thing to buy that's essential for Christmas, what would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Loughc wrote: »
    If you could recommend someone one thing to buy that's essential for Christmas, what would that be?

A turkey. I'm sorry, but NOTHING else cuts it in my opinion. My sister-in-law cooked a roast beef one year and it was BIZARRE.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Plenty of lights. Not just tree lights, but if you can put some on the mantelpiece or the bannister or whatever then it's well worth it to make the place look festive and warm.

What's your favourite Christmassy alcoholic drink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Anything bubbly ! Champagne , Cava , Prosecco :-) :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Brandy. I only have it at Christmas so it's become something of a tradition.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Mulled cider! It is so much nicer than mulled wine, is lovely on cold winter days and just tastes teally festive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Sherry,. Leave the bottle..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Buck fizz :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Winter Warmer cocktail - Southern Comfort , ginger ale and cranberry juice
    Mulled Wine
    Costq Coffees Black Forest Hot Chocolate

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Prosecco with a dash of pomegranate juice in it- gives it a kick and makes it pink. :D

washiskin wrote: »
    Winter Warmer cocktail - Southern Comfort , ginger ale and cranberry juice

This sounds amazing. I'm definitely going to make it.

I'm all about the bubbly. Champagne, preferably, but a good Prosecco or Cava will do to. We had a very disappointing Cremant this Christmas. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Has to be Baileys with lots of ice! I love it but only ever drink it over Christmas!

Today's question- I know it's the thought that counts, but what's the worst present you got this year?

I received a pink camera off my mother and had to exchange it. And then a pink lamp from a friend.
    I hate pink!! I'm always complaining how hard it is to find girl's runners that aren't mostly pink! :o

/ungrateful child

Posy wrote: »
    Today's question- I know it's the thought that counts, but what's the worst present you got this year?

I once got a dart board with no darts.... It seems the person who bought the dart board didn't notice the darts came seperately.... It was a long couple of days waiting for the shops to open to get some darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I got a minuture shower gel from a set off my aunt one year. I was sick as my parents gave my cousin an italia90 scarf!!

Still bitter

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I didn't get any terrible presents this year, but my Mum was given a packet of Christmas napkins by a close relative. Fair enough you might think, except she noticed that the packet was open... And that five napkins were missing :D

(Said relative is known for being scabby, and probably just grabbed any old thing from a drawer and wrapped it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

My partners mother recycled a gift I gave her before it was Sparkling Wine Jacobs Greek in a gift box with two champagne flutes, it was dusty😝

That being said his sister was handed her gift Christmas Day and she said she forgot mine... I am still waiting, I might also add apparently she had a moving in present for us in May still no sign

She is one of the 3 presents I have in already, I picked it up in the sales, it was convenient, as I have said for many years now I refuse to pace the shops to find the perfect gift for her, I always pick up a nice gift for her but I refuse to go out of my way for her. Sorry for the rant, she had no problem polishing off 2 bottles of my wine when we moved in, from what I have said so far I imagine my fellow boardies are catching my drift😄

Not sure I got any REALLY bad ones this year but for a long time my mother got me a few dodgy gifts - one year a pair of satin pjs I never wore. When I was 15 I wanted a pair of black leatherette jeans - I got electric blue vinyl ski pants, also never worn.

• Advertisement

Question Elves :) What is the one set of Christmas light that you remember most from childhood?

Regular elves will know mine is Pifco Cinderella Coach Lights

6a00d83451631669e201a51003bce6970c-400wi

These were mine. :)

525-1646_PI_TPS1935125?wid=493&ht=538

2ebzqrs.jpg

My mam had a set of these for 28 years. And when they broke she moved onto your ones Posy and Lantern ones. They did not last as long as 28 years.

Posy wrote: »
    These were mine. :)

525-1646_PI_TPS1935125?wid=493&ht=538

We had ones similar to this. I loved them.

Question for today: Do you enjoy wrapping presents and take time to do it perfectly or do you just want to get it over and done with?

I enjoy doing it but every year it takes me about 4 or 5 presents to get into the swing of things. so the first few presents look like a toddler wrapped them.

Oh, I'm very much into making each present look like a divine sparkly work of art. :D

We had ones similar to this. I loved them.

I think we had these too😃

Question for today: Do you enjoy wrapping presents and take time to do it perfectly or do you just want to get it over and done with?

I do enjoy it, I also have to wrap on behalf of my mam and aunt, this is the first year I used ribbons, watched videos on Google to get the nack of it, I do find you have to get in there quickly for the nice wrapping paper, I wanted gold this year and had to go to a number of shops before I got what I wanted

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    I also have to wrap on behalf of my mam and aunt
    I also wrap my mam and my aunts presents!! :pac:

Advertisement